Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Heart Attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heart Attack  (Read 2317 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »

Howdy!

Well, I don't need prayer for this, but I do need prayer for something else.  Let me splain...

...Last Friday night, I had a mild heart attack.  It was slightly disconcerting as I'm only 36.  I am also a diabetic with a history of familial heart disease.  Regardless...disconcerting.  Here's the blessing!  I spent the weekend in the CCU and was tested and retested 8 million times (9 times).  Each test came back positive that I'd had a heart attack.  We, my church, my parents church, our friends church, my wife's uncle's bible school, and countless others prayed that all would be well and God would heal.  I had a heart cath on Monday, with the doc explaining what they'd have to do with a bypass surgery, and his expectation of that/at least an angio and stint.  My cath came back COMPLETELY clean.  My hearts great!  God is GREATER!

As for my request...

...My doc is pretty sure that there was some heart related issue.  We're ruling other possibilities out, but I'd like some form of definitive answer for future use.  I trust God, but He made me with a brain.  I need to know what I need to do to stop this from happening again.  Unless, of course, God wants it to happen again, in which case, I need prayer because I REALLY DON'T LIKE HEART ATTACKS!!!!   Grin I just need to do things right with His temple in the here and now.   Smiley

I was able to do some reflecting while I was there.  I really don't believe I was in danger of dying, but such a thing at my age will make you think about it.  Ya know what?  It's a great thing to know Jesus.  I had complete peace about death.  No fear of death.  It was the dying part that sorta freaked me out!   Grin  Seriously, knowing that in the end you'll be with Him is a comfort that goes beyond words.  How bout you?  Can you say that?

I appreciate your prayers for continued healing, and better health.  I'd also greatly appreciate your prayers for my wife, Christy.  She's pregnant and had to go through all of this.  God has been good!  She's had some issues with the pregnancy as a result.  The baby has been checked out and is doing great.  Mom, on the other hand, I think is mentally and physically exhausted.  She's let me help her for the past day or two, and I'm pushing for the next couple of days as well.  I truly feel SHE'S having the health problem, and needs to rest.  Your prayers for her and the baby would be greatly appreciated.

God is good.  He is faithful even when we aren't.  I'm reminded of Job.  He went through SOOO much.  I feel like that, as we've had ALOT more than just this happen in the past 2 weeks.  Job asked why.  I've asked why.  And God's answer to Job is sufficient for me..."BECAUSE I'M GOD."  I need no greater comfort than to know that He is in control, and working this for my, my wife, my children's and my brother's and sister's in Christ's good.  It might not always feel good.  But in the end, if it makes me more like Him, it's great.   Smiley

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »

Brother Kevin, I will definitely be praying for you and your wife and baby, and of course your little girls too!!!

Now I know you have probably heard this hundreds of times, exercise, proper diet, try to keep free from stress, and watch you sugar.

I know this because my youngest brother is also diabetic and he has had 2 mild heart attacks in the last year. He had to totally change his diet, even though he can't exercise a lot since he broke his back when he was in the Army and is disabled. But he can walk even if it is only a little bit.

I too have heart disease, I can't walk a lot because I have other Neurological problems which prevent me from walking many times I fall, I use a cane, and sometimes even a walker. My sugar is also high and my cholesterol, as well as my blood pressure. None of this has to do with my weight as I only weigh 122 pounds, it's all just part of heart disease and I think also because of some of the 20 medications I have to take daily. I know when I leave this earth, I will be in Heaven with my Jesus, but you see I ask God to keep me here long enough to continue to pray and witness and encourage my children to turn their lives to God. I think God has a lot of work for me to do here,

Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

Hi Brother.

I can fully understand your situation. There is four generations of heart problems in my family also including myself. (Three heart attacks and a quadruple bypass.)

You are in God's hands, my prayers are with you and your family.

Seriously, knowing that in the end you'll be with Him is a comfort that goes beyond words.  How bout you?  Can you say that?

AMEN!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:38:04 AM »

I will be adding this to my list of prayers brother.  To you and your family.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 02:30:43 AM »

Praying you will be alright....take care of yourself as much as possible....my dad had his first heart attack at 42, but in those days they didn't know a thing about cholesteral and watching one's diet, etc.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »

I will keep you in my prayers, as well as your wife, mother and unborn child.  You certainly have the right attitude, which is a testimony of the enduring power of our Lord.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »

Allinall,

Brother Kevin, I will definitely be praying for you and your family. YES - there is a huge difference knowing that we belong to JESUS. We can put everything in HIS Hands and simply say "HIS Will Be Done." HIS Will and Way will always be the best one for us and our families.

I'm very happy that this didn't turn out to be as serious as it could have been. I honestly think that many positive things can happen when we realize that we are fragile human beings and that anything can happen at any time. It helps to put things into perspective so we can prioritize the things that are really important in our lives - GOD being first.

Brother, I'm praying for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:17 NASB  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »

Thank you so very much for your prayers everyone, as well as each post!  Please don't feel slighted if I'm not responding to each post like I normally do.   Smiley

I thought I'd share part of the testimony I shared in church last Sunday.  I expounded on Job's plight.  Here's a guy, who has it all.  And in addition, has a GREAT view of God and testimony to boot!  In one day, he has one servant come in and tell him what, and who he lost.  Before that one's done talking, in comes the next servant with similar news.  Before he's done, another comes, and before he's done, the last comes in and tells him that his children are dead.  Here's a thought:  His kids met weekly for feasts at each others houses.  It's a good bet that they were old enough to be parents themselves.  I fully believe that Job lost more than just his kids.

Talk about a rough day!  Then, he gets boils.  Then he gets his "friends" counselling him to get his life right because he'd obviously sinned.  He asks God over and over and over again, "Why?", and gets silence.  Tough break.  In the end, God doesn't comfort him with words.  He tells Job He did what He did because He's GOD!  He asks Job where Job was when He made everything.  He asks Job if he takes care of everything.  He tells Job to answer Him before he ever thinks of questioning God!  Loving?  I think so.  Because Job got a GREAT understanding from this:  The picture is bigger than him.

When you find yourself in this positon, you ask why too.  And, like Job, I learned that the picture is bigger than me.  I was able to share how that in this situation, I had the comfort of knowing my Lord, and was able to challenge others with the same consideration.  I asked that here too.  Can you say that you know?  We all doubt.  We get back into God's word and find why we're doubting.  Some of us leave assured.  Others, never quite know.

Don't wait till you're in a hospital bed to know.  If you are surfing through on a regular basis, but don't know any of us personally, consider this: this short fat bald guy who's 36 years old had a heart attack so that you could know Jesus.  Sound cruel?  Remember: The picture is bigger than me.   Smiley  All it takes is believing some simple truths:

WE ARE ALL SINNERS

God says in Romans that we've all sinned and come short of His glory.

SINS PRICE IS DEATH

God says in Romans that the price for our sins, what we earn by sinning, is death.

JESUS PAID THIS PRICE

God says throughout the Bible, that His Son, Jesus Christ, came to earth, lived a perfect life, died a perfect sacrificial death, was buried and risen again a perfect payment for EVERYONE's sin debt.

WE MUST BELIEVE GOD

It's not enough to believe in God.  We must believe God.  We must believe that we're sinners.  We must believe that we deserve to die for our sin as a result.  We must believe that Jesus died in our place, was buried and raised again and lives now that we might live.  We must ask His forgiveness and accept His gift of life.  This is salvation 101.  Want to enroll?  Because the test comes when you're lying on a bed in CCU asking God why.  I passed.  Do you?

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »

Amen Brother Kevin.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »

Another AMEN Brother Kevin!

Your testimony is beautiful. I hope that it makes everyone stop and think, including all Christians.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 10:23-25 NASB  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

This day is drawing near, and it could be today.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 08:04:25 AM »

Bro!  You have lots going on, new baby on the way, Heart Attack?   Life has been abundant for you indeed  Lips Sealed

Seriously though...I know its a bit belated, but you have been and will certainly continue to be in my prayers friend.   Sorry its been so long in touching basis with you man.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

BRO!  'Sup wit chu?   Grin  Abundant and then some!  I know what you mean.  But you and yours are in my prayers too.  Life has kept me swamped of late, and I'm sorry too.  Things goin' good for you?  Good hearing from you my friend.   Smiley

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 08:21:45 AM »

Things have been very good for us Kevin.  Seems like time is going by faster the older I get.  (No jokes about getting old now)  Cheesy

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well my friend.   Don't scare us like that...lol

Your brother in Christ!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 01:41:47 PM »

Old?  I'm 36 and in a heart rehab program!  "Old" is an oxymoron to me these days!  Grin  I'm glad y'all are doing well.  Life does fly by.  One minute you're a dad of 2, the next 3.  One minute your Colts can't win a game, the next...well.  I don't like to brag.    Cheesy Grin Shocked Grin Cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the