Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:57:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who are your favorite CU posters?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: How many other forums do you participate in?
CU is the only forum I particpate in. - 4 (23.5%)
1 other - 7 (41.2%)
2 others - 1 (5.9%)
3 others - 4 (23.5%)
4 others - 0 (0%)
5+ others - 1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who are your favorite CU posters?  (Read 5997 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2003, 05:19:34 PM »

Some of the very good posters did not come back after the crash in March. Some are here however with different handles.  One can tell by their writings.

Support your local Christian.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2003, 07:06:04 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'll see you around.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2003, 07:44:29 PM »

Take care and come back.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2003, 02:15:28 AM »

It is interesting how this discussion on whether it is acceptable to search for God outside of a church or if you are outside of a church Satan will get you came about.
I don't know how much longer I'll be around though.  I am having some issues with "religious things" and may need to go do some thinking.
You can think here, but I agree sometimes it is better to think without outside influence and only God to give guidance. When I first chose to seek out the truth I prayerfully read the bible, avoiding all outside influences. I even chose not to read the headings at the top of the pages in my bible.
I pray your journey will be fruitful.
LC
It was my intent to support Saved_4ever in thinking through his "religious things". I don’t know what questions S4e has, but it seems he needed to think without our input at least.
The greatest guide we have is God. I would not disagree that it can be helpful to sit down with other Godly people and search for answers as Whitehorse has said.
Saved4Ever, if you need to go think for a while, it's never a bad idea to have a "round table" of faithful pastors and mature Christians at your church you can talk to. The devil loves an isolated saint. If you keep God in your vision and trust in Him while you go on your adventure, He won't let you down. You'll be in my prayers, and I wish you all the best in your quest.
What I take issue with is the statement, “The devil loves an isolated saint.” This is not biblical as far as I know.
The eternal church of God is made up of all the believers who have ever lived. The gates of Hell will not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

On the other hand we have the corporate church, the various denominations we see around us.
God raises up churches, but they are ruled by men and so they fall. No church, on this earth is perfect.
In Revelation 2-3 mentions 7 churches that already have begun to fall away, today they are completely gone.
All the great churches in Europe. I have heard it said that Europe has one of the greatest needs for missionaries.
The Episcopal Church today has a gay bishop.
The bible says women are to be silent in the church, they are not to teach or have authority over men. Once upon a time Methodists, Presbyterians, and others followed 1Tim 2:12. Today we have women pastors and Sunday school teachers.
The Southern Baptist Seminary had some fundamental principles that you will not find being followed today.
The idea that the church is infallible and if you go it alone Satan will get you is a scare tactic used by cults.
I have a friend I haven’t seen for close to 25 years. The cult he is in teaches that if you search without the church Satan will very likely get you. This traps people into putting the corporate church ahead of God.

2 Timothy 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

I believe Saved_4ever will seek wisdom in his search and when saved 4 ever we have nothing to fear from Satan, we can’t lose our salvation.  

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »

Left Coast,

I liked your last post about searching out God's truth by going directly to God without outside interference. You gave exellent reasons which give support to your view. Its hard to find truth with so many offering different opinions that each of us "believe" to be the truth but vary so much from one person to the next.

I try to give and share my opinions on what I believe to be the truth, but God and His word alone can reveal whether something is truth or a lie. I don't believe any of us purposefully "lie" about our beliefs yet someone must be wrong. Only God can make His truth real to you and many people should be "on their own" studing His word and searching for truth because as you said, many are led astray and receive false doctrine. If all you hear is false doctrine, it may be all you know. Someone comes here and all of a sudden there are many different views presented and some people need to take a "time out" to search deep into the scriptures to find what they themselves believe God's word really says.

Every person on earth is experiencing life differently from anyone else. We each have different backgrounds and experiences that shaped us into the individuals God planned for us to become. Death is something that is personal and between God and the person dying alone. You will never truely know all that takes place until its you turn to die, unless your lucky enough to live at the time of the Rapture.

The group thing is good but so is personal time with God, just you and Him. Sometimes 3 makes a crowd. A search for truth is always worth while as long as the Holy Spirit is your guide and you truely seek the truth, with a teachable Spirit, and the willingness to believe the truth if it shows your previous views were wrong. God calls us to seek His truth and sometimes it must be done alone.

Paul2

Reba
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2003, 12:01:29 AM »

Cry   see ya
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2003, 02:43:08 PM »

Quote from: Brother Love on October 09, 2003, 04:35:21 AM

Going to Church will not make you a Christian, and going to Burger King will not make you a hamburger.

Brother Love

This levity is really disturbing. It's true, however: outward compliance cannot save. It cannot make up for inward rebelliousness. How than can one be safe with outward and open defiance? Only Christ can save, who commands us to remain in His love.

I'm sure people can come up with long lists of reasons why they simply cannot comply with the word of God. But then how can they profess to know the truth?

I don't expect this to be a popular saying, but I wasn't commissioned by God to say what is popular. Only what is true.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2003, 04:08:50 AM »

I don't expect this to be a popular saying, but I wasn't commissioned by God to say what is popular. Only what is true.
I agree with this statement, and the gospel does offend. We search and God gives us understanding some understand one thing some understand another.
We conflict when one understands what the other does not.
Where I used to get in trouble was when I made doctrine a reproof of the scripture, scripture must be a reproof of doctrine.

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2003, 04:54:05 AM »

Left Coast,

I liked your last post about searching out God's truth by going directly to God without outside interference. You gave exellent reasons which give support to your view. Its hard to find truth with so many offering different opinions that each of us "believe" to be the truth but vary so much from one person to the next.

I try to give and share my opinions on what I believe to be the truth, but God and His word alone can reveal whether something is truth or a lie. I don't believe any of us purposefully "lie" about our beliefs yet someone must be wrong. Only God can make His truth real to you and many people should be "on their own" studing His word and searching for truth because as you said, many are led astray and receive false doctrine. If all you hear is false doctrine, it may be all you know. Someone comes here and all of a sudden there are many different views presented and some people need to take a "time out" to search deep into the scriptures to find what they themselves believe God's word really says.

Every person on earth is experiencing life differently from anyone else. We each have different backgrounds and experiences that shaped us into the individuals God planned for us to become. Death is something that is personal and between God and the person dying alone. You will never truely know all that takes place until its you turn to die, unless your lucky enough to live at the time of the Rapture.

The group thing is good but so is personal time with God, just you and Him. Sometimes 3 makes a crowd. A search for truth is always worth while as long as the Holy Spirit is your guide and you truely seek the truth, with a teachable Spirit, and the willingness to believe the truth if it shows your previous views were wrong. God calls us to seek His truth and sometimes it must be done alone.

Paul2

Forget opinions, stay with God's word and one will never go wrong.

2 Timothy 3:14.  But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
 15.  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
 16.  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 17.  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Thessalonians 4:11.  And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
 12.  That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

2 Timothy 2:14.  Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
 15.  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
 16.  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2003, 11:33:24 AM »

2 Timothy 2:14.  Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
 15.  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
 16.  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
One of my favorite passages. Thank you for sharing it.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2003, 07:43:50 PM »

One of my favorite passages. Thank you for sharing it.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

That is a wonderful addition to the thoughts presented.

Thank you.

However we have been led off topic, but it is good straying and that is ok.

Ollie Smiley

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2003, 06:08:37 PM »

I wasn't going to post here since it seemed kinda, well, uh.... not nice  Tongue

But since all my favorite posters aren't listed, I think they should get the recognition (and all that prize money) that they deserve. Some haven't come back  Cry

1.  Stompie
2.  Early57
3.  SherBear
4.  nX
5.  Sapphire Weapon
6.  Ignorant Dude
7.  The_Way
8.  Ollie
9. Symphony

« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 06:10:33 AM by sincereheart » Logged

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2003, 06:23:04 PM »

sincereheart is MY favorite poster....

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2003, 06:36:33 PM »

And I sooooooo believe you  Tongue

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2003, 06:41:33 PM »

hehe.....  (trick or treat, sincereheart.......   Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the