Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  When a crying baby is not 'alive'
« previous next »
Poll
Question: When is a baby alive?
At conception - 11 (100%)
1st-3rd month of pregnancy - 0 (0%)
4th-6th month of pregnancy - 0 (0%)
7th-9th month of pregnancy - 0 (0%)
When the head is visible - 0 (0%)
Upon complete separation from mother - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When a crying baby is not 'alive'  (Read 2488 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2003, 11:34:55 AM »

Link to Article

Excerpt from article
A baby's cry is not necessarily proof of life.

So concluded Illinois Circuit Court Judge Karen Thompson last November when she acquitted a mother previously convicted in two prior trials of murdering her newborn daughter.

Does this give you a nasty feeling in your gut?  How much longer can pro-choicers push back the "being alive" line?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 10:24:17 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Mr. 5020,

Thanks for the link to the article. I think that all pro-choicers should read this article and others. It is sickening how some folks think about the gift of life from Almighty God. That life is given by God and that life belongs to God.

In Christ,
Tom

Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 12:54:23 PM »

So sad

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 02:45:29 PM »

Mr. 5020,

Thank you for posting this link. Yes, we no longer on the "slippery slope" we are falling off the cliff.

I noticed the poll results indicate that 100% believe that life begins at conception.

My question is "Why do Christians who believe that life begins at conception continue to use abortifacients, such as the pill and the I.U.D.? ( which destroy's life)

Do we practice what we preach?

Psalm 119
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 04:36:15 PM »

Sad
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 08:23:42 PM »

Mr. 5020,

Thank you for posting this link. Yes, we no longer on the "slippery slope" we are falling off the cliff.

I noticed the poll results indicate that 100% believe that life begins at conception.

My question is "Why do Christians who believe that life begins at conception continue to use abortifacients, such as the pill and the I.U.D.? ( which destroy's life)

Do we practice what we preach?

Psalm 119

Not usually.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2003, 10:34:57 PM »

Only on a Christian Forum will the results of this poll be 100%. It just goes to show how deceived we can all be about the truth without God. I write screenplays and have been seriously considering writing one for "Lifetime TV" entitled, "A Living Miracle" about the abortion issue. But I'm not sure the country is ready for it yet which means it has to be produced by a Christian Production Company. Unfortunately (and fortunately) they're swamped by scripts at the moment, but i would really like ot appeal to the non - Christians. I am currently writing an article about stay-at-home-moms in a local women's magazine, but even the editor of that one was reluctant to stir up the controversy. But, as Christ prophesied, His beliefs will not be popular.
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 02:31:29 AM »

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world , that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 02:33:20 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 02:31:35 AM »

Umm IUD's are certainly not very popular.  In fact most people I have talked to don't even know what one is.  

Secondly how in the world is "the pill" destroying life?  Unless of course you are talking about some other pill.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 03:56:27 AM »

Secondly how in the world is "the pill" destroying life?  Unless of course you are talking about some other pill.
The contraceptive pill is not 100% effective at preventing conception.  Most (if not all) forms, therefore, are also designed to prevent implantation of the embryo in the womb if and when conception does occur.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 05:15:59 AM »

So, basically if the baby was still attached, it's not alive?  Wow...what has this world come to.  Many prayers my brothers and sisters...many prayers...
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 05:45:44 AM »

I actually have to agree with ebia on this one.  The pill works to avoid impregnation, not pregnancy, with noteable if not sickening acceptions.  To attribute all pills as being abortive is ignorant.  They simple do not allow fertilization.  If there is no fertilization, the female's body aborts the eggs according to a regular cycle.  It is abortion when God grants like and man takes that life.

And pill or no pill, I've known too many people who found that they can't stop God from giving life.  I tend to think that He does so in order that we don't begin to think we've got the "life" thing under our control.  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 10:11:29 AM »

Dear Saved 4-Ever and Allinall,

The pill does cause early abortions by changing the lining of the edometrium (uterus) so that a "fertilized egg" (conception) will not adhere. The pill has two properties....prevention of pregnancy, and when that fails prevention of implantation. The patient sheet that comes with the pill is very clear on this. It's usually defined as "breakthrough". Rather than me babbling on; please take the time to educate yourselves by clicking on to this site. There are 18 articles regarding this matter. Some written by Dr's and Pharmacists.

http://home.swbell.net/birons/birthctl.htm

Psalm 119
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 03:16:33 PM »

I have a question. Would God allow the people He has chosen from the beginning to be aborted?
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 07:41:37 PM »

I have a question. Would God allow the people He has chosen from the beginning to be aborted?

Heidi,

Jeremiah 1:4 states that God knew Jeremiah (as He does all of us) before He formed him in the womb.

I believe with all my heart that God knows each person before He formed them. He has decided long ago how many children He would give us. Can man thwart God's plans?; no. Will God allow it; yes.

For example God may want a certain Christian couple to have 3 children; another couple 5, another 10. If that couple goes out of God's design and they are sterilized, or abort their children through abortifacients, then they have stepped out of bounds.

Children are a gift from God....blessed is the man who has his quiver full of them.

It really comes down to trusting and obeying the Lord. He will not give us more than we can bear.

Love,
Psalm 119
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the