Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What to pray
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What to pray  (Read 2159 times)
Beloved

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »

I know that we are to pray according to God's will and we can find much of His will in His word.   I also know that we are called to forgive even if the other person after being approached still doesn't repent(or admit wrongdoing).  This is painful but it is what we are called to do.   

I have learned this the hard way by praying ernestly in the past that the person who offended me would say they were sorry and/or admit responsibility and it rarely happens.

So, my question would be that other than praying for this situation, my own spiritual awakening and theirs would it be futile to pray for a person to apologize - since it does rarely happen. 

Huh

2Corinthians 4:7(KJV)

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

Rather than asking for a person to apologize I think that it would be better to ask that the Lord open their eyes to His will and to soften their hearts toward all people.  A person whose heart is hardened and is not right with God will be blind to what they have done and will not have a desire to apologize to anyone.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Regina Davis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »

First, we must make sure that our hearts are right with God.  We are then able to pray for others.  If they
don't apologize, it is between them and God.  As long as we forgive, we're on good ground.  May God's grace be upon you.

Regina
Beloved

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »

Rather than asking for a person to apologize
I'm not sure if we misunderstood each other - but I meant pray that they would come to acknowledge and take responsibility for their wrong - of course I know that means allowing God to work in them as He chooses and they can choose to heed or not to.

I think that it would be better to ask that the Lord open their eyes to His will and to soften their hearts toward all people.  A person whose heart is hardened and is not right with God will be blind to what they have done and will not have a desire to apologize to anyone.
   Thank you so much for this wisdom as I can see more and more that this is relatively true in this person - easy to find fault with others but lacking humility and responsibility to admint and make amends for the beam in their eye.

God Bless! 

[/quote]

2Corinthians 4:7(KJV)

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the