Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:02:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I plan on making a book.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I plan on making a book.  (Read 5820 times)
Kryptid

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:42:18 PM »

I'm not sure where I should have put this, so feel free to move it if another forum is more appropriate.

I currently have plans on making a book that deals with cryptozoology (the study of mythical/unconfirmed animals also called "cryptids"). My main focus is going to be the visual depiction of these cryptids. Most of these creatures are, of course, either hoaxes, misidentifications, folklore, or real flesh-and-blood animals.

The ones that concern me are the popular cryptids that may well be demonic in nature. My case in point is the Chupacabras, a telepathic, humanoid entity that sucks the blood of sheep in an unexplained way. My personal belief is that the Chupacabras is not only real, but a demon. However, the Chupacabras is also a popular cryptid, which has a large amount of controversy surrounding it. Since it is one of the most famous cryptids, it would feel unnatural for me to leave it out of my book. That is like cereal without milk.

However, given the the context of my book, I will have to draw it in order to include it. Is there anything wrong with depicting demonic creatures just for the sake of education? The point of my book is to show people what these creatures may look like. That's pretty much it. It's not meant to be demonic "propaganda". Many people don't even believe the Chupacabras is a demon. Other cryptids that might also be demonic are the Mothman, the Dover Demon, and the Popobawa. Is it wrong for me to draw them for a book?
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

I personally don't think its wrong to draw strange creatures, and I think that a lot (certainly not all) of mythical monsters could be demonic in origin, like faeries, kelpies, etc. That sounds like a fun and fascinating book!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »

I'm not sure where I should have put this, so feel free to move it if another forum is more appropriate.

It is fine, where it is, either that or the debate forum.

I currently have plans on making a book that deals with cryptozoology (the study of mythical/unconfirmed animals also called "cryptids"). My main focus is going to be the visual depiction of these cryptids. Most of these creatures are, of course, either hoaxes, misidentifications, folklore, or real flesh-and-blood animals.

They shift a person's attention from the real world to a more titillating realm created by those who write the myths and steer the imagination. They tempt Christians fans to re-imagine both God and themselves in the new context - thus bending the old realities to fit the new myths. They desensitize their fans to mystical images and symbols of evil. And they stir a craving for more intense excitement of the same kind.

Eventually the real world of nature, families, work and Biblical truth becomes too boring to be enjoyed. Who cares about truth and facts when myths and fantasies seem far more exhilarating?

The apostle Paul almost two millennia ago,
2 Timothy 4:3-5 For the time is coming when [people] will not tolerate (endure) sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching [for something pleasing and gratifying], they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold, 4 And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and man-made fictions. 5 As for you, be calm and cool and steady, accept and suffer unflinchingly every hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fully perform all the duties of your ministry.

Today's postmodern world has little tolerance for Biblical watchfulness. Instead, it embraces its mythical heroes with a driving passion that often eclipses both family and reality. The more shocking, crude and ugly, the more cool and captivating the product. Hollywood and toy makers know that well.

These [creatures] that show up in archeology and what we would call mythology were not just figments of the imagination. They were literal physical demonic entities that appeared to civilizations of the past. These types of demigods or demonic beings were represented as part human and part animal in their characteristics like this bird-human of the Assyrians. They can be horse-and-human like centaurs. Or fish-and-human like the god Dagon of the Philistines ... or part jaguar and part human.

Notice that tongue hanging out over the chin which is a universal symbol of demonic possession. One of the most popular combinations is human and serpent. You can find them on the toy shelves. It's not surprising that pagan religions worshiped serpents and dragons, for the Bible tells us in Revelation 12 that the old serpent, the dragon, is Satan the devil.

The Bible prophesies that demonic activities will escalate before and during the reign of the Antichrist. Could the multiplication of demonic-looking, alien images be part of Satan's plan to prepare us for these awful future events? Even for an invasion of demons?

Don't laugh. There is plenty of evidence that a sizable percentage of UFO sightings, alien abductions, crop circles and other extraterrestrial manifestations fit into the realm of the supernatural. But God's Word shows us the truths behind those illusions.

Revelation 9:1-11 THEN THE fifth angel blew [his] trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth; and to the angel was given the key of the shaft of the Abyss (the bottomless pit). 2 He opened the long shaft of the Abyss (the bottomless pit), and smoke like the smoke of a huge furnace puffed out of the long shaft, so that the sun and the atmosphere were darkened by the smoke from the long shaft. 3 Then out of the smoke locusts came forth on the earth, and such power was granted them as the power the earth's scorpions have. 4 They were told not to injure the herbage of the earth nor any green thing nor any tree, but only [to attack] such human beings as do not have the seal (mark) of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not permitted to kill them, but to torment (distress, vex) them for five months; and the pain caused them was like the torture of a scorpion when it stings a person. 6 And in those days people will seek death and will not find it; and they will yearn to die, but death evades and flees from them. 7 The locusts resembled horses equipped for battle. On their heads was something like golden crowns. Their faces resembled the faces of people. 8 They had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. 9 Their breastplates (scales) resembled breastplates made of iron, and the [whirring] noise made by their wings was like the roar of a vast number of horse-drawn chariots going at full speed into battle. 10 They have tails like scorpions, and they have stings, and in their tails lies their ability to hurt men for [the] five months. 11 Over them as king they have the angel of the Abyss (of the bottomless pit). In Hebrew his name is Abaddon [destruction], but in Greek he is called Apollyon [destroyer].

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »

Why wouldn’t most children accept these lies. Today's belief in evolution leads them to trust that other forms of life must have evolved elsewhere. After all, humanist dreamers tell us, there is no God, but if He existed, He wouldn't have created the whole universe just for earthlings.

1 John 1:5-2:6 And this is the message [the message of [promise] which we have heard from Him and now are reporting to you: God is Light, and there is no darkness in Him at all [no, not in any way]. 6 [So] if we say we are partakers together and enjoy fellowship with Him when we live and move and are walking about in darkness, we are [both] speaking falsely and do not live and practice the Truth [which the Gospel presents]. 7 But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations]. 8 If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude and lead ourselves astray, and the Truth [which the Gospel presents] is not in us [does not dwell in our hearts]. 9 If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]. 10 If we say (claim) we have not sinned, we contradict His Word and make Him out to be false and a liar, and His Word is not in us [the divine message of the Gospel is not in our hearts].

1 John 1:5-2:6 gives the best answer. This passage describes people who are right with God, and explains to them that they will still struggle with and fall into sin at times. At these times, it says that the blood of Jesus cleanses them from all sin. However, it first qualifies how believers must live to apply this promise to themselves. It uses the terms “walking in the light” and “walking in the darkness.”

The big issues here are foundation, motivation, and consistency. If our foundation is the Bible, and if our motivation is being like Christ, and if we consistently seek to live like Christ, to be  right with God.

1 John 2:5,6  But he who keeps (treasures) His Word [who bears in mind His precepts, who observes His message in its entirety], truly in him has the love of and for God been perfected (completed, reached maturity). By this we may perceive (know, recognize, and be sure) that we are in Him: 6 Whoever says he abides in Him ought [as a personal debt] to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and conducted Himself.

1 John 5:13 I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life.

However, if we say that we know God, and yet do not consistently seek to live like Christ by obeying Him (that is, we continue to “walk in darkness”) God says that we are liars and the truth is not in us.

1 John 2:3-4 And this is how we may discern [daily, by experience] that we are coming to know Him [to perceive, recognize, understand, and become better acquainted with Him]: if we keep (bear in mind, observe, practice) His teachings (precepts, commandments). 4 Whoever says, I know Him [I perceive, recognize, understand, and am acquainted with Him] but fails to keep and obey His commandments (teachings) is a liar, and the Truth [of the Gospel] is not in him.

1 John 1:6 [So] if we say we are partakers together and enjoy fellowship with Him when we live and move and are walking about in darkness, we are [both] speaking falsely and do not live and practice the Truth [which the Gospel presents].

1 John 2:3,4 and 1 John 1:6  If you make a decision to accept Christ, you must understand that it means a lifetime commitment toward seeking to be like Jesus in the way that you live. This is what “staying right with God” is all about.

As you see, I disagree with your book Kryptid.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:02:06 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 08:02:04 PM »

The big issues here are foundation, motivation, and consistency. If our foundation is the Bible, and if our motivation is being like Christ, and if we consistently seek to live like Christ, then we know that Jesus covers our sins, and we are still right with God.

Psa 11:2  For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
Psa 11:3  If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kryptid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »

Don't laugh. There is plenty of evidence that a sizable percentage of UFO sightings, alien abductions, crop circles and other extraterrestrial manifestations fit into the realm of the supernatural. But God's Word shows us the truths behind those illusions.
I agree with that assertion.

As you see, I disagree with your book Kryptid.
Point taken. I'll stick with the non-demonic cryptids.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »

Kryptid:
Point taken. I'll stick with the non-demonic cryptids.
Looks like your cereal may have to go with out milk.

Kryptid:
The ones that concern me are the popular cryptids that may well be demonic in nature. My case in point is the Chupacabras, a telepathic, humanoid entity that sucks the blood of sheep in an unexplained way. My personal belief is that the Chupacabras is not only real, but a demon. However, the Chupacabras is also a popular cryptid, which has a large amount of controversy surrounding it. Since it is one of the most famous cryptids, it would feel unnatural for me to leave it out of my book. That is like cereal without milk.

ollie
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:58:32 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the