Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Whats the last movie you watched??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats the last movie you watched??  (Read 65641 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

That other movie sounds like Nemo. My grand daughter plays both of them almost daily.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »

That other movie sounds like Nemo. My grand daughter plays both of them almost daily.

Brother, that's it. Nemo was a really cute movie - FUN - and quite entertaining for the entire family. I first thought that only the little ones would like it, but the adults in the audience had almost as much fun - including the gray-headed ones.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »

It is a good clean show and does have some really good moral lessons as well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Hary

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2007, 04:54:31 AM »

the last movie that i watch was 'The Thrill of it All' with Doris Day and James Garner. You can't beat the classics! At the moment I'm watching Carousel, not bad so far.

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 02:22:19 AM »

I have been lending my DVD of The End of the Spear to everyone I can, and when I had it back last week I watched it again. It is such an inspiring story, and always gives me a good reminder that when among non-Christians (as I am daily in this 'multicultural' area), it is very important to try to be a credit to the name of Christ.
Now I have loaned my DVD again, I really should buy another copy for home use. 
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »

That movie is just plain awesome.  Ranks higher on my list of movies to make your spirit move than The Passion did. 

Latest one I have watched though was The Astronaut Farmer with Billy Bob Thornton.  I would say that is a good family flick as well.  I think if I remember there was one, maybe two curse words....but if there were that was it.  Otherwise just a fun all  around movie.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2007, 09:34:29 PM »

I'm glad you have seen The End of the Spear!  I am surprised at how many of my Christian friends have not seen it. It is excellent for lending to non=Christians as it is such a well-made movie, and of course the main story is true, so no-one can say it is hard to believe that Christians could sacrifice themselves to save the souls of others.

The Astronaut Farmer sounds interesting!  It's not often that a Hollywood film has 'only' a couple of curse words.  Even  TV shows use them now, which is why I generally just watch Fox news and Christian shows.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2007, 11:44:31 PM »

"The End of the Spear" uh?  I haven't even heard of it, but I will look for it.  I just got (for Christmas) the first season of Perry Mason!  Oh yeah!

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »

I haven't hears of that movie, "The End of the Spear".  Since you highly of the movie I'll look for it.

Though the last movie I watched was, "Dinotopia." The movie has some moral conviction that are good for todays youth.

Now of course the acting, script, graphics, and all could be better, but I didn't judge the movie on those things, but rather the story it told, and I found it to be a fantastic story. It reminded me of when I was young and tried to imagine what it would be like if dinosaurs did not become extinct and lived in the present day. Dinotopia shows one possibility, a possibility that I always imagined and more. I of course love dinosaurs. Zippo was awesome in my opinion. I think he is what got me interested in the movie in the first place because of the fact that he is an intelligent, friendly, and a talking dinosaur. I think it interested me because it is something that I do not get to see very often (visually anyways), but only in my imagination. This movie nearly brought it to life to me. I think Lee Evans did a great job as the voice of Zippo. He really put the emotion and personality in the character of Zippo. Have you ever imagined a city built on top of a large waterfall? I know I haven't and when I saw it, I thought it was breathtaking.

The movie is a long one, 250 minutes, 4 hours and 10 minutes.

1-5 1 being the lowest 5 being the best

Language: 5
Plot: 6
Morals: 4.75
Quality: 4.5

Over all I'd rate the movie 2 thumbs up, good for children to watch, and learn.

carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »

I hadn't heard of Dinotopia, so I looked it up on the IMDb. It sounds like it was an excellent mini-series, I don't know why I didn't watch it in 2002.  Thanks for the recommendation, I will look for it now.

If you want links that will help you to get The End of the Spear, look at the website for the Mission Aviation Fellowship  (MAF).  They will also send you a free book about the main character in the (fact-based) movie, you just enter your name and address online and the book arrives in a week or so.  There is another film on the same subject, it is a documentary and I first saw it at my church.  It sparked my interest in the  story of the missionaries in the Amazon,  so I bought both the documentary, Beyond the Gates of Splendor, and the movie version, The End of the Spear.  Both films are  very well-made and  it is shame they are not more widely known.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »

Since this topic was started so long ago I've seen several movies and my DVD collection has grown to over 250 movies. I have 90% of the movies made by Pixar, who has made Nemo, Cars (1 & 2), WALL-E, Monsters Inc. & Monster University, Finding Dory, Ants, Planes (1 & 2), and many, many more.

The last movie I saw was, Yankee Doodle Dandy, starring James Cagney, it is based on George M. Cohan life. I guess most people today wouldn't know who Mr. Cohan is or what he did. Those who don't know, a lot of the patriotic music, some we still sing today was written by Mr. Cohan.

Just a few of George M. Cohan songs
You're a Grand old Flag
Over There
Yankee Doodle
Yankee Doodle Boy
Give My Regards to Broadway
Father of the Land We Love
Harrigan
Here Come the Soldiers This is Our Side of the Ocean
What this Country Needs
I was Born in Virginia

George M. Cohan wrote many songs for Broadway Theater

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the