Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pray for my husband
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pray for my husband  (Read 2952 times)
danielleenbody

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »

Hey folks,

My husband was in the hospital this weekend and is very ill. The dr's think it may be crohn's disease....Between my husband and daughter's health, I need all the prayers I can get. My daughter is actually doing great since her hospitilization(resp distress in October) Thank you God. The hardest part is correct diagnoses. My husband has an HMO so we are waiting for a referral for more tests...Please keep him in your prayers and for the correct dr to have wisdom of whatever my husband has...

Thanks,
God Bless
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »

Hi danielleenbody,

I will be glad to pray for your husband. Please keep us up on how he is doing and what the Drs may find.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:00:55 PM »

Hello danielleenbody, I will be happy to pray for your husband.  Crohn's disease is not nice. Cry

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »

Danielle, my prayers are with you and your husband and daughter. I know how painful Chrons Disease is, my son in law has Chrons and has been in and out of the hospital 6 times in less than 3 months. He finally got an appointment and was seen at the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville. He is being treated for it a lot better than he was with his doctor. They have done so much surgery on him I feel bad for him, they even took out some of his large intestine. After having been seen at the Mayo, he found out it wasn't necessary, now he is on the right medications, diet and treatments.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »

Hi airIam2worship,

What are your sons symptoms?...poor guy!! That sounds horrible. My husband doesn't have any of the symptoms as far as (bowel issues go) just pain. He had to get a refferal and is going to a GI on Friday and then he will get a colonoscopy to determine the correct diagnoses. When I think of crohns, I think that you are always running to the bathroom (which my husband has no symptom of) but the cat scan shows imflamation....so I just pray that it is not crohns. I will pray for you son, airIam2worship, that sounds horrible. How can he digest food without the small intestine? Thank you for your words and Thank you everyone else for your prayers...

Danielle
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »

Danielle, my son in law had been experiencing a lot of stomach pains for a few years, apparently his appendix was inflamed and he had an appendectomy, but even after that he still had the same symptoms. Sometimes he couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough, other times you could actually see his intestines protruding from not being able to go to the bathroom. It went from one extreme to the other, it got to the point where he was unable to work for a few days end up in the hospital and get sent home after having GI series, colonoscopy, and MRI's but nothing was ever really taken care of. Then they removed part of his large intestine, unfortunately it was an unnecessary procedure, his doctor had not even put him on any medicines or anything, finally I told my daughter, to make an appointment at the Mayo clinic, which she did there was a long waiting period, but thank God they admitted him and diagnosed him and started treatment, medicine, and diets right away.

On the lighter side Danielle, my daughter and I were talking 3 way with my daughter in Colorado, and my daughter Louise, (that's the one in Colorado) told Gina, "you never call me anymore." Gina's reply was. "Louise, I work 17 hours a day, and I don't have time to call anyone, except my husband to find out what time he will be released from the hospital."

Thank God that now he is being treated and hasn't been in the hospital since Christmas Eve  Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »

praise God. Sometimes it is hard to trust doctors. I just have to trust God that Shawn (my husband) doesn't have Crohn's disease but possibly just a bacterial infection. Thanks for the words...little by little, I feel like I have a little more knowledge in the area.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 07:27:28 AM »

Danielle you can also get a lot of information on the internet about Chrons Disease, and some of the treatments. Try doing a google search for the the American Medical Association first, or just type in Chrons in google and it will bring up a list of information. I prefer to check out the better known national sites first rather than web md and such others.

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »

I will try that one out, thanks. I have searched the web a little bit - every time I enter intestinal inflammation it point to Crohn's or ulcerative colitis - but the main symptom for those diseases is diarriah - which he has non of, but all of the c - scans say Crohns. Diagnoses can be positive until the colonoscopy next week - in the mean time - he got really sick (probably from the hospital germs) and he has been home all week from work...my poor guy. Thanks for all the input and I will keep everyone posted.
Regina Davis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

Hi!  I am a health nut and I've come across a product that may help your husband.  It's called Okra pepsin-
E3.  It helps to clean out the small intestines which could be causing your husband's problem.  It's more than a colon cleanser.  I just found out about it today and I'm going to order a bottle.  Be blessed!

Regina
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 07:51:26 PM »

Hi Regina,

Welcome to Christians Unite. I have used a few homeopathy treatments myself. I am really hesitant to do so anymore as many of them do very little if anything and some even have some very bad side effects as I have personally learned.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »

hi danielle, I will  be praying for your husband, its never easy to have ones husband sick or hurt, will pray for Him and you and your daughter..
(((hugs)))
Tigerlily

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers and advice. Unfortunatley, my husband is one of the most stubborn people I know. He is feeling ok now and is cancelling his colonoscopy on Thursday....aAAHHHH - where is it written in stone that men don't go to the dr. So I am just praying that it either flares up again and forces him to go (if that is where God wants him) or that he is just better....I even tried to guilt him into going and no dice
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 06:00:32 AM »

Danielle, there are 2 things men won't do

1. ask for directions
  Grin Grin

2 go to the doctors.  Grin Grin

So we the wives must pray for their health and for everything in their lives daily. Sometimes I wonder. How can I pray for so many things and so many loved ones and so many people in one day?
A quick prayer asking God to Bless your husband in his health, finances, emotional well being, his walk with God, everything that you think of and then ask God to post His angels all around him to protect him.

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »

Amen to that sister Maria. All I can do is pray - I would like to drag him by the ear sometimes to the dr....but that wouldn't be appropriate. God is powerful and good and always comes through.
I have had a real test of faith this week. I had eye muscle surgery and this past week I haven't barely been able to see and my eye has been drifting out - they are all bloody and swollen with double vision....and I kept thinking that my vision wasn't this bad before, why did I do this? The dr. said it could take up to 2 months until everything is normal, so I keep praying for a full restoration....I am telling you I am only 29 years old and my husband is 30 - this past year we have had so much go on in the family (health wise) I feel like I live in old folks home  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the