Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Taekwondo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taekwondo  (Read 5266 times)
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »

Is there anyone here involved in Martial Arts?  I am, in fact I run my own school.  I currently hold classes in a community center in my local area.  I have a website, (link removed due to advertising), that I built and try to maintain on my own, in case anyone would like to view any pictures of our competitions or would like to view some of my material on (link removed due to advertising).

I am a competitor, or at least I would like to get back into it.  I have obtained a second degree black belt and am currently working on achieving my third.  Anyone else involved in something like this?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 06:02:44 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

"There is no substitute for what is right.  And that which is Truth will always be Truth whether if I believe in it or not."
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 07:23:01 PM »

please accept my humblest apologies.  I had included hyperlinks to my website in this last thread, i meant no harm and meant it not for advertisement purposes.  Those particular links included photos and more detailed information about myself involved in sports.

I'm not new to forum's designed like this one and understand the use of the policies, I just had not considered the severities of my actions.  If anyone has questions about Christians and Martial Arts, please feel free to contact me through personal email or private message.  I had completed a detailed study on the depth of martial arts, the eastern world view (as it pertains to religion) and christians.

Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding. Undecided

"There is no substitute for what is right.  And that which is Truth will always be Truth whether if I believe in it or not."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

Apology most assuredly accepted.

Yes, I was involved in martial arts at one time. I still do some of the milder exercises in an attempt to keep my body from going completely out on me. I never got into the meditation or chi garbage and I won't but the actual physical exercises do help.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »

Apology most assuredly accepted.

Yes, I was involved in martial arts at one time. I still do some of the milder exercises in an attempt to keep my body from going completely out on me. I never got into the meditation or chi garbage and I won't but the actual physical exercises do help.

yes sir, that's where the dangers lie where christians are concerned.  I do not particpate in the practice of Eastern Philosophies on meditation.  They tell you to 'clear' you're mind and become 'one' within yourself but this leaves room for the enemy to wreak havoc.  i instead meditate upon the Lord and His Word, not clearing my mind but merely focusing in on Him.  I usually do this in prayer time and not during physical 'trainng'.

I don't practice, nor do I teach, the philosophies of 'chi'.  The human body is a God designed creation and it's to Him does the credit go for all the wonderful aspects that can achieved with it.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 02:13:31 AM »

Amen and I wish I had the time and money to get back into it.  I did it when I was young and it whipped me into shape (lost 50 lbs in 6 weeks). 

And I need to get my kids into something as well.  Just in our area the martial art studios are a bit on the expensive side for anything I would consider "decent"

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:23:28 AM »

I hear you there Brother Jerry!  Sports in general have gotten a little out of hand in the expenses area.  I looked into getting my boys involved into soccer, (they had expressed to me that they would be very interested in this sport), but just to get them enrolled would have caused me to have to change up my monthly budget to too much of an extreme.

So I take them to classes with me.  Other wise they will stay home and play video games nearly all day if you don't stop them.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:46:27 AM »

Other wise they will stay home and play video games nearly all day if you don't stop them.
Video games, are a vein of satan.  Video games don't allow the body, or mind to excerise.  Though this is only my opinion. I still have Atari "Pong" which was gotten back in 1980.

As for martial arts, it is impossible for me to particpate in Kendo.  For those of you who don't know.  Kendo is a full-contact martial art unlike most other martial arts, the cuts are not just marked, but they are delivered with only a minimum of restraint.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

LOL at times I would agree....but there is the new Nintendo Wii...which looks to be more physically active...and fun.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:36:04 AM »

There are some new rpg type games that use Bible verses that I think are pretty neat also. I have seen some kids that have it and are learning Bible verses they didn't know before.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »

Video gaming is being taken to a whole new level.  As some of you may already know you can link these game systems with others world-wide and play games with someone from another country, well, they are trying to develope this system to allow the "Wii" concept compatible for sport-like video games. 

So in so many words, you link your game with mine and we "dance" in front of our own tv's and end up playing a virtual game of "soccer" or "football" or the like.  I think that's pretty kewl.  Anyway...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the