Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Give Me That Old Time Gospel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give Me That Old Time Gospel  (Read 135420 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »

PURIFYING THEIR HEARTS --- Acts 15:9.

". . . purifying their hearts by faith." --- Acts 15:9.

By faith in the Son of God we get an interest in his great and glorious salvation; we are justified by faith; we have peace with God by faith.

This is an excellent grace, which brings us out of a state of slavery and sin, into the liberty of the sons and daughters of God, and will issue in everlasting salvation.

Faith purifies the heart of man, naturally vicious, and unites us to Christ, the root of all holiness. Now, reader, examine yourself whether you be in the faith; try the tree by its fruits: ask yourself these questions: Has my faith a purifying influence on my heart? Does the view of Christ dying for my sins, make me die unto them?

has my faith in Christ, as wounded for my transgressions, and bruised for my iniquities, made me made me bitterly lament them, sincerely hate them, and seek the death of every one of them?

Though there may be still much sin in me, is there none allowed? Is there none, no, not one; no not that sin which does most easily beset me, which I desire to be spared and excused in? Do I rather look upon all sin as the enemy of Christ and my own soul; and as such do I hate it with a perfect hatred?

Am I praying fervently for Divine grace to subdue it? and, in the strength of that grace, do I maintain a constant and vigorous war with it, determined never to give it any rest in my heart, never to cease my conflict with it, till I have gained the complete and everlasting victory? Then thou art upright; go on and prosper.

That faith to me, O Lord, impart,
Which, while it bringeth peace,
Will daily purify my heart,
And bring in holiness.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 04, 2009, 10:18:56 AM »

ISRAEL SHALL BLOSSOM --- Isaiah 27:6.

"He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root, Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit." --- Isaiah 27:6.

"Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward," --- Isaiah 37:31.

"They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing." --- Psalm 92:14.

". . . but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit." --- Jeremiah 17:8.

The evangelical Christians look upon themselves as barren trees, ever crying out, "Oh my leanness, my leanness!" Even before the judgment seat of Christ, they acknowledge no fruits, nor will plead them, though they have been fruitful, Matthew 25:37-39.

The reason is, they are poor in spirit, and are not pleased with their fruits, but only with Christ. Grant, O Lord, that I may earnestly seek to bring forth fruits, and may grow in fruitfulness as I grow in years; and never cease from yeilding fruit; hereby proving myself to be a tree of the Lord's planting, whose leaf is green, and whose branches are flourishing and fruitful.

Yet bless me also with deep poverty of spirit, that I may see myself still nothing, having nothing of my own to glory in, or to justify me; and thus esteem Christ my all, and rest upon him wholly.

Lord, 'tis a pleasant thing to stand
In gardens palnted by thy hand;
Let me within thy courts be seen,
Like a young cedar fresh and green.

There grow thy saints in faith and love,
Blest with thy influence from above;
Time, that doth all things else impair,
Still makes them flourish strong and fair.

Laden with fruits of age, thay show
The Lord is holy, just, and true;
None that attend his gates shall find
A God unfathful or unkind.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 05, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »

BE OF GOOD CHEER --- John 16:33.

"The breaker is come up before them; they have broken up, and have passed through the gate; and their King (as the Author and Finisher of faith) shall pass before them, and the Lord on the head of them." --- Micah 2:13.

"Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." --- John 16:33; Hebrews 12:1, 2.

Sometimes the enemy seems to get an advantage over us; but the battle is not over yet. At last thou shalt have the victory, and carry the day for all that. In hard stuggles remember the power of Christ, who in his resurrection broke through everything.

With him thou canst also break through, and be more than conqueror. Yea, in every conflict, if thy faith be firm, thou canst be sure of victory beforehand; for faith engages Christ's power, and his power ensureth victory; it is as impossible for thine enemies to keep thee always in bonds, as it was impossible that Christ could be kept in the grave by the stone, seal, and keepers.

Nay, the greater the force is, the more glorious will be the victory of Christ over them.

Hosanna to our conqu'ring King!
The prince of darkness flies;
His troops rush headlong down to hell,
Like lightning from the skies.

There bound in chains the lions roar,
And fright the rescued sheep;
But heavy bars confine their power
And malice to the deep.

Hosanna to our conq'ring King!
All hail incarnate Love!
Ten thousand songs and glories wait
To crown thy head above.

Thy vict'ries and thy deathless fame
Through the whole wide world shall run,
And everlasting ages sing
The triumphs thou hast won.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the