Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:05:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Testimony
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Testimony  (Read 6554 times)
bj875

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:29:49 PM »

I was saved at age 13. I loved going to church. I was in the choir, GA's......everything you could imagine. That same year the church was taking a trip to South Carolina. I wanted to go but Mom did not have the money. I cried & prayed for a while. One day I received a phone call. The person on the other end told me my name was picked & my way was payed to go. I was so excited & happy. God was working miracles in my life then.
The next year I started backsliding some. I was going into my defiant & rebellious teenage years. That went on for several years. I was not going to church or listening to my parents, as most teens do. I didn't get into drugs, even though I was around people who did use. I never saw the big deal about it. I did drink though. I didn't start that till I was 16. I started dating this guy at 17 & things got serious between us. Well the summer of the next year I had a job. Still living at home, I was using his car to get to work & back home, during the week. I had no car. I was going to work one morning. I stopped w/my turn signal on going to make a left hand turn, turning into a gas station. I was waiting on a oncoming mini-van. I was rear-ended & pushed in the other lane, in front of the mini-van & they hit me in the side. I was driving his 1988 Camaro.
I don't remember much of it. The next thing I knew I was in rehab in the hospital. Mom told me I was in ICU for 14 days & Recovery for week. The wreck happened in July by the time I realized anything it was August. I do remember one thing while I was out. I was some place going up some stairs. I saw a really bright light & a man standing on the right hand side. I was told it was not my time. To go back. That one moment in my life changed everything for me. When I told my Mom she cried. I was only 18 years old. I had a broken pelvis, punctured lung, tore liver, broken ribs & a collar bone & a head injury. God gave me the strength I needed to learn to walk, learn to use my arm, & learn to eat again. I spent 3 months in the hospital rehab then another 3 months in outpatient rehab. I don't look back at that as bad times though. I had really great times then. I am glad it happened. My eyes needed opening. That is what it took.
A year after I got out of the hospital my boyfriend broke up w/me. I, actually, needed that too. We both were going down very different paths. That's another long story that I'm not wanting to get into. Anyway, PRAISE BE TO THE LORD that things are great in my life now as long as He is in it. I'm married to a wonderful man that I love very much. I can't do much work due to my problems from the wreck but that just gives me more time to praise Him & study His word! AMEN!!
Well I hope this testimony helps some. Life is too short as it is. Going down a road more traveled can just make that much more shorter w/regret.

Luke 2:14  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.[/pre]
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:59:27 PM »

BJ

Amen and what a wonderful testimony.  It is a shame that we can let ourselves get so far from God that He has to humble us in so many ways.  Can you look back now and see all of the times that God tried to show you an easier way out?  I know when I was stumbling and finally broke in an instant I could see them all.

And let me also welcome you to the forums.  I hope that you enjoy the company and fellowship we have here.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 08:59:40 AM »

BJ what a wonderful testimony, especially for our younger members. God has a purpose for each and everyone of us and how wonderful to know that no matter what we are suffering in this life as long as we choose God we will live eternally in a glorified body.

Thank you for sharing your testimony.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the