Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dixie Chicks: Insane or Intentionally Stupid?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dixie Chicks: Insane or Intentionally Stupid?  (Read 2591 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2003, 12:38:12 PM »

The Dixie Chicks have had a divorce - of a sort - from country music.  I personally think they are insane.  Besides being anti-USA commies, and obvious racists (due to their comments about future Gov. Arnold Schwarzanegger), they are generally getting banned from the few radio stations that played them.  Here's an open letter that lead singer Natalie posted on their website.

Dear Reader:

I am taking the time out of my very busy rock and roll life to write you this letter. As I am sure you can understand, being me is a full time job. I can't just drop everything every three days because someone needs a quote or statement about a quote or statement we may or may not have said. It's just draining me of time and effort I need to put toward other things. For one, I as a taxpayer have to get busy earning money to help pay off the latest $87 billion dollar addition to the national debt! Also, I have a huge list of phone calls to return.

I'll list a few just so you get the idea.

Message 1:
Saddam Hussein called and wants to know where his weapons of mass destruction are. Listen Saddam, I already told you, I don't know. You’re going to have to call the White House on that one.

Message 2:
Country radio called and wants to know if it's true that you're leaving country music? This one must be a prank call. I mean, how can you leave a party now when the hosts had shown you to the door six months ago.

Message 3:
Sheryl Crow and Lenny Kravitz called to see if you could come to their party Friday night. Oh that one’s easy. I can't, I'm already going to Ashton and Demi's party.

Message 4:
G. Gordon Liddy, Rush Limbaugh, and Don Imus all called again to ask about the plane crash. Listen guys this is really getting old. I'm sorry, but no we did not die in a plane crash. But look on the bright side…we fly all the time.

Message 5:
Arnold Schwarzenegger called to see if we wanted to “verk out” with him at “zee gym” next week. Hmmm that's both weird and scary. He must not have heard what Emily "said" about him or know that we're married!

See, can you understand now why I don't have time to constantly defend my partners and myself? Oh speaking of partners, Martie did want me to clear up two things that she absolutely did not say in any shape, form or fashion. She wants it to be known that she never complained about not winning any ACM awards. I told her nobody who has ever seen what an ACM award looks like is going to believe she said any such thing. But nevertheless she wanted to clear that up. The second thing was that she never said we were a part of the "rock and roll family" now. I once again told her I didn't think it was necessary to clear that up. I mean, as of yet, I wasn't aware we had made a rock album. As a matter of fact, I think I recall our last album being bluegrass. So there you have it. Do with it what you will.

You know, a good thing that has come out of all this is having a good support system from the music industry to call on for advice. Most recently I called up Ozzy to ask him what I should do about all of this, and do you know what he told me? Oh hang on just a second, you won't believe this…P. Didddy and Eminem just instant messaged me at the exact same time. I didn't even know that was possible. Let me just IM them back that I will have to talk to them later. O.K. sorry about that. Now where was I? Oh right Ozzy. Do you know what he told me to do? Well, I don't really know either. I couldn't really understand him. But he did say something at the end that was very profound. He said "f*** it." I like that advice. I think I'll do just that. So from here on out when you call for a statement, explanation, apology, etc., we are just going to have to refer you to this letter. Oh, and by the way, since you’re here on our website you might as well go buy a T-shirt. We are having a plane crash sale. Everything is double.

Oh, I have to go. Keith and Mick are in the limo waiting for me. The five of us have started getting together every Tuesday night. I must tell you, Keith is really getting into his fiddle lessons with Martie. He can already play “Faded Love”. And Mick, well he gets faster at “Dueling Banjos” with Emily every week. I think they are really going to blow everyone away at the rock and roll family reunion next week. But, it's not just about them learning from us. Nope, they help me every week think up new controversial "rock and roll" things to say. Thanks guys…you’re the greatest!

Love, Natalie

PS. I will also be posting this in German so if you don't like what I really said you can just translate it into what suits your agenda.

What do you guys think?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 12:46:07 PM »

Here's another link to a news article giving some details on the band's latest antics.

Link to Article

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 02:19:03 PM »

You have to understand the country music audience. If you do that, you are one step a head of the Dixie Chicks. Country music is mainly listen to my people who have the following bumper sticker on there car:

American by Birth, Southern by the grace of God.

The fans of Country music like Bush. They would vote for him for the Leader of the New World Order if he ran! Country music fans are the sole reason no one will ever invade the gulf coast, because if anyone tried they have so much pride in their Country they will load up their Trucks with all their sawed off shotguns, drive to the coast, sit on the tailgates, and when the marine get their 3 hours latter, the breach would be littered in shotgun shells, beer cans, and the dead bodies of a foreign Army.

The Dixie Chicks are alienating their fan base. The are clearly insane .

Personally, I'm praying Earl comes back from the grave to seek revenge on the Dixie Chicks. We need to give rid of them, plus I haven't seen a good Zombie movie since Evil Dead  Grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 02:21:46 PM by Tibby » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 02:38:06 PM »

You have to understand the country music audience. If you do that, you are one step a head of the Dixie Chicks. Country music is mainly listen to my people who have the following bumper sticker on there car:

American by Birth, Southern by the grace of God.

The fans of Country music like Bush. They would vote for him for the Leader of the New World Order if he ran! Country music fans are the sole reason no one will ever invade the gulf coast, because if anyone tried they have so much pride in their Country they will load up their Trucks with all their sawed off shotguns, drive to the coast, sit on the tailgates, and when the marine get their 3 hours latter, the breach would be littered in shotgun shells, beer cans, and the dead bodies of a foreign Army.

The Dixie Chicks are alienating their fan base. The are clearly insane .

Personally, I'm praying Earl comes back from the grave to seek revenge on the Dixie Chicks. We need to give rid of them, plus I haven't seen a good Zombie movie since Evil Dead  Grin

Haha!  One of the best posts I've seen on CU.  You get my POTD!

Mr. 5020
---------------
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 04:57:53 PM »

Tibby, Too funny! You actually got a chuckle out of my husband!  Grin

Country music fans are the sole reason no one will ever invade the gulf coast, because if anyone tried they have so much pride in their Country they will load up their Trucks with all their sawed off shotguns, drive to the coast, sit on the tailgates, and when the marine get their 3 hours latter, the breach would be littered in shotgun shells, beer cans, and the dead bodies of a foreign Army.

He's a retired Marine who's family is in Texas while we are in the deeper south, he's a country music fan and he has the tailgate and shotgun! Now all he's missing is that bumper sticker.... Cool

As for the Chicks, I think the ole biddies (baby chicks Roll Eyes) have just gotten too big for their britches.  Tongue

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 09:48:30 PM »

Thanks guys. Knowing I made people laughs made me smile. Grin Even with my trademark spelling errors Wink

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 07:07:25 AM »

HHHMMM I wonder where tibby hails from.   Cheesy

That was purty funny.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 09:36:55 AM »

lol. Okinawa, Japan  Wink Grin

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 10:51:41 AM »

Okinawa, Japan??

That was unexpected.

Mr. 5020
---------------
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 12:51:19 PM »

lol, long story. and an inside joke for those who caugh it  Wink

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 02:13:24 AM »

Ah, am naht amused.  Ah pusonally favah country music.  Ah also pusonally favah Mr. Bush, and his efforts ahbroad.  Ah do naht drink beer, nor do Ah drive a truck (though I reallyreallyreallyreally want a truck!!!!), and Ah don't ohwn any fahre ahrms.  Ah am a peece luving gentlemun, and I dislike the Dixie Chicks and their lack of patriotism.  You sahr, are a disgrace.  Had I a gentlemun's glove Ah should suhrely slap yoo in reply!  Good day to you suhr.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 07:47:44 AM »

Tibby,
Military brat?

Allinall,
My husband's way is faster!  Wink

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 10:19:48 AM »

Ah, am naht amused.  Ah pusonally favah country music.  Ah also pusonally favah Mr. Bush, and his efforts ahbroad.  Ah do naht drink beer, nor do Ah drive a truck (though I reallyreallyreallyreally want a truck!!!!), and Ah don't ohwn any fahre ahrms.  Ah am a peece luving gentlemun, and I dislike the Dixie Chicks and their lack of patriotism.  You sahr, are a disgrace.  Had I a gentlemun's glove Ah should suhrely slap yoo in reply!  Good day to you suhr.

I'm still trying to figure out what you're supposed to be in this post.  Like a sophisticated black yet redneck farmer or something....

Mr. 5020
---------------
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 11:16:12 AM »

I thought it sounded like a Southern gentleman.... the kind from the movies!   Cool

'Course they would have "fahre ahrms" (firearms)...  Tongue

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 01:09:44 AM »

I'm still trying to figure out what you're supposed to be in this post.  Like a sophisticated black yet redneck farmer or something....

Suthern ahristocrat suhr.  Ok.  That's hard to type!  Cheesy  Ever seen Tombstone?  I think Val Kilmer pulls of a rather good southern aristocratic accent.  Anyway...Ah'll thank you to keep yahr opinions to yahrself suhr.  

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the