Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:53:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I need help, please give me advice.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need help, please give me advice.  (Read 3006 times)
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2006, 02:48:39 PM »

This has been for a long time now.  All through out my life.  I'm not sure exactly how to even get my feelings out to you guys. 

My mom and my little sister are, I'm sorry to say are very hateful people.  They love to fight and pick on people and I'm often the center of the target.  My little sister has it seems always hated me.  Now it is getting to the point that I want to move out.  I can't stand the daily fighting and verbal abuse.  Any little unprovockable thing sets them off.  I'm considered a goodie-goodie and a Quacker because how I try to live.  They make fun of me.

My problem is I can't move out.  I can't support myself with my little pay I get from working as a cashier.  And if I move out that means no more college.  I'm traped.  I like to hide in my room and get away from them.  The thing is no matter how bad my little sister treats me, I find that it is impossiable for me to treat her the same way back.  I end up doing nice stuff for her and she goes on treating me terriable.  Would it be wrong of me if she wanted me to do something for her and I said no and stoped taking her places?  She'll never learn to stop swearing and calling me horriable names if I do absolutly nothing and my parents do nothing to stop her.

I'm sorry that I sound so selfish I just don't know what to do anymore.  Again I'll sorry.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »

Hi sister,

It does sound like a difficult situation that you are in. I would not say that you should always do things for your sister. You need to put things in order of priority and sometimes your own life should be at the top of that list. Showing her love though in all situations is important. Most important of all is praying for them and I will be glad to join you in prayer for them.

I will also be praying for you, your well being and your overall situation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:28:20 PM »

Hello Sister Kris,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these kinds of problems. There are easy things to say, but many are hard to put into practice. As an example, should we count it as joy in anything that we suffer because of our testimony for CHRIST?

I also know that things where you live and problems within your own family make it a much more difficult problem to deal with. However, you might also think about how GOD might be using you right where you are. Many people, even in this part of the world, make fun of Christians, and that should be expected. We are not of this world, and our citizenship is in Heaven, so we will probably face something negative wherever we go. Just bluntly, if we didn't experience some problems, it might be because we aren't trying to live like Christians should.

As an example:  if the devil doesn't attack this forum on a regular basis, it will probably be because we are too much like the world and accepted by the world. So, in reality, it should make us happy when the devil attacks because we know that we are doing something right for GOD. I hope this makes some sense.

Sister Kris, I will be praying for you. Please try to understand that some persecution resulting from us trying to live for CHRIST is a good thing. It can actually make us stronger in CHRIST, and that's how we should attempt to use circumstances like this.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 66:20 NASB  Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer Nor His lovingkindness from me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the