Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  GRACE AND THE TRUTH - DAILY INSPIRATIONAL 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GRACE AND THE TRUTH - DAILY INSPIRATIONAL 1  (Read 23017 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2006, 12:23:17 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "THE HAND OF GOD" APRIL 2, 2005

"THE HAND OF GOD"

"For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God the endure grief, suffering wrongfully.  For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently?  but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, you take it patiently, this is acceptable with God" (1 Peter 2:19, 20).

When self reacts correctly in a difficult situation, it can only result in the sin of self-righteousness.  In order for Christ's righteousness to be manifested, the Holy Spirit must hold self inoperative by means of the Cross.

"Accustom yourself in everything that happens, to recognize the hand of the Father.  Before you fix your thoughts on the person who did it, first be still and remember, God allows me to come into this trouble to see if I shall glorify Him in it.  This trial, be it the greatest or least, is allowed by God, and His will concerning me.  Let me first recognize and submit to God's will in it.  Then in the rest of soul which this gives, I shall receive wisdom to know how to behave in it.  With my eyes turned from man to God, suffering wrong is not as hard as it seems."

"The Lord Jesus knew that His Father would care for His rights and honor.  But he who lives in the visible, wants his honor to be vindicated at once here below.  He who lives in the eternal, and as seeing the Invisible, is satisfied to leave  the vindication of his rights and honor in God's hands; he knows that they are safe with Him.  Giving one's all unto God's keeping rest and peace."-- A. M.

"When He suffered, He.....  committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously one" (1 Peter 2:23).
--M.Stanford

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

Click Below For FREE Email Subscription:
http://www.graceandthetruth.com/pop_up.htm

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2006, 12:25:10 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "WHAT IS A CHURCH"? APRIL 5, 2005

"WHAT IS A CHURCH"?

It is strange but true that most people -- even the great majority of religious people -- do not know what a church is. Ask the average man what a church is, and he’s apt to reply:

"Well, anybody knows that! A church is a building where people go to worship God." But this is not correct. The word translated church, in our Bibles, simply means assembly. A church is not a building, but the assembly that meets in the building. Technically, a church is not even a religious gathering, for the same word is used in Acts 19:32 of a riotous mob which had assembled at Ephesus, and this verse says that this assembly was confused and that "the greater part knew not wherefore they were come together." Perhaps this could apply to many a church today, but the point is that a church is not a building but an assembly of people.

The church of which the Bible has most to say is "the Church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood" (Acts 20:28), and St. Paul calls the church of this present dispensation, "the Body of Christ," or "the Church which is His Body" (I Cor. 12:27; Eph. 1:22,23). Men cannot join this Church by water baptism or any other religious rite, but only by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. With regard to believers in Christ St. Paul declares:

"By one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body" (I Cor. 12:13). And in Rom 12:5 the Apostle says that "ye, being many, are one body in Christ."

Many sincere people have had their names on local church rolls for many years before learning this great truth-- that the true Church of God is not a building, but the assembly of those who trust in Christ as their Savior.

Doubtless, people in and out of many of the religious organizations we call churches belong to this one great Bible Church, while others, with all their religious profession, do not. The question is: Have we sincerely trusted in Christ as the Savior who died for our sins?
By C. R. Stam

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2006, 12:26:50 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "ARE YOU READY"? APRIL 3, 2005

"ARE YOU READY"?

I wonder what finally became of Molotov? Most of us know only that he was expelled from the Communist Party and was later recalled to Moscow to answer for what Kruschev, of all people, called "barbarous crimes"! Molotov, "the hammer," was active in the Communist Revolution since 15 years of age. A close friend of Stalin, he served Soviet Russia variously as Secretary of the Central Committee, Premier of USSR, its Foreign Minister and its Representative to the UN.

But in 1957 Kruschev, jealous of Stalin’s popularity, dismissed Molotov from the Presidium and sent him away as ambassador to ’Outer Mongolia’. Now disgraced along with his old friend Stalin, this once popular hero of the Soviets was discarded by the system he championed. Pathetic, but he deserved it.

Contrast this with the Apostle Paul. He had been great, prospering in his religion above many of his equals, being "more exceedingly zealous" of the traditions of his fathers (Gal. 1:14). But he gave all this up and counted it loss for "the excellency of the knowledge of Christ." Serving Christ amid unceasing persecution, he said:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel [good news] of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Yes, and in his last recorded words before Nero beheaded him, Paul said:

"I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown..." (II Tim. 4:6-8).

What a triumphant way to go! And you, my friend, can go that way too -- if you can say with Paul, "I am ready." "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved"
(Acts 16:31).
By C. R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2006, 12:28:23 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO STORIES" APRIL 6, 2005

"DON’T PAY ATTENTION TO STORIES"

"Neither give heed to fables..." (1 Tim. 1:4)

As the present-day English reader comes upon the word "fables" in the Authorized Version, he is apt to think of Aesop’s Fables, but these were illustrations, while the original word muthois means simply stories, including stories of imagined incidents or events.

There are two types of stories that have exerted an amazing influence upon twentieth century Christendom.  One is the novel, the other the promotional story.

In considering the above passage, this writer examined the contents of the popular Christian periodicals coming to his desk and was astonished to find how many of them were largely filled with fiction and with stories written to promote projects or viewpoints  The Apostle says about such stories that they raise questions but do not answer them, for stories really prove nothing.  This is also true of many Christian films.

Many Christian novels have indeed exerted a savory influence upon their readers -- when they have been founded upon Scriptural truths and principles. Obviously, however, an author can make his novel "prove" exactly what he wishes to prove, for the novel involves us in a world of make-believe.  Thus a novel can be dangerous to Christian faith and practice.

The promotional story holds, perhaps, an even more prominent place in our popular Christian magazines.  No one can object to factual reports of what God has wrought, but too many of these stories are nothing more than promotional efforts.  Many of these "success stories" are so successful that thoughtful readers question their validity and are apt to lay them aside without even finishing them. Less discerning readers, however, are often deeply moved
by them.

We are well aware that our objections are not popular, but we are not trying to be popular;  we are trying to help sincere Christians find their way back, step by step, to renewed spiritual power.  This power has been too long frittered away by substituting the will of man for the Word of God.

By C. R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2006, 12:30:13 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "GRACE TODAY AND TOMORROW" APRIL 8, 2005

GRACE TODAY AND TOMORROW

Paul learned what thousands upon thousands of God’s saints have learned from his day to ours: that it is often more blessed to experience God’s grace in suffering than to enjoy deliverance from suffering, for in the former case we lean the harder and pray the more, and so are drawn closer to Him. Moreover, we find that His strength is made perfect in weakness and that when we are weak, then are we strong (II Cor. 12:9,10).

But even better things are in store for God’s people:

Some day, "in the ages to come," God will display to all the universe "the exceeding riches of His grace." How will He do this? "In His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:7).

Dear reader, have you accepted the grace of God in Christ Jesus? Do you believe that He loves you and that He "came into the world" to bear all the blame and shame and punishment that was your due, so that you might be "justified freely by His grace" (Rom. 3:24)?

If not, will you take Him at His Word now and come to know the truth of II Cor. 4:15:

"For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God." Whatever your past; however great or many your sins, take God at His Word. Believe that He loves you in spite of all. Believe that He has already provided the payment for your sins in Christ:

"In whom we have redemption. through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7).

By C. R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2006, 12:31:56 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "The Gift Of God" APRIL 9, 2005

"The Gift Of God"

Men have given many gifts to each other down through the ages, but in James 1:17 we read that "every good gift and every perfect gift is from above," and comes to us from God. The greatest of these gifts is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the redemption He has purchased for us.

In speaking to the sinner-woman at Sychar’s well, our Lord drew a picture, contrasting the barrenness of her own life with the refreshing joy of salvation, saying:

"If thou knewest THE GIFT OF GOD, and who it is that saith to thee, Give Me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of Him, and He would have given thee living water... Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again, but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst..." (John 4:10-14).

By nature we are all sinners, but by the grace of God we all may be saved.

"For the wages of sin is death, but THE GIFT OF GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).

"For by grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is THE GIFT OF GOD: not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8,9).

Thus St. Paul speaks of "the gift of the grace of God" (Eph.3:7) and constantly emphasizes the fact that salvation is a free gift. But a gift is not possessed until it is accepted. Thus the Apostle, in Rom. 5:17, refers to those who "RECEIVE abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness."

Those who receive Christ and the salvation He has wrought for them, find it natural to exclaim with Paul- "THANKS BE UNTO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT!" (II Cor. 9:15).

By C. R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2006, 12:33:33 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "TWO THINGS WE KNOW" APRIL 10, 2005

"TWO THINGS WE KNOW"

In Romans 8 St. Paul points to two great truths which every true believer knows. The first (Verses 22.23) he knows by experience; the second (Verse 28) he knows by faith.

Rom. 8:22,23: "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption,to wit, the redemption of our body."

The words "until now," in this passage, are significant, for our Lord came to earth healing the sick, cleansing the lepers, making the blind to see, the deaf to hear and the lame to leap for joy. But He was rejected by sinful men and nailed to a cross.

After His resurrection and ascension His persecutors were given another chance, however, as Peter called upon them to repent so that "the times of refreshing" might still "come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19,20). But again the King and His blessed kingdom were rejected so that, in the words of Paul, the whole creation continues to groan and travail in pain "together until now."

But in this passage the Apostle points out that even God’s children are not exempt from this suffering, for the most sincere believer, the most consecrated saint, must still partake of the sufferings and sorrows of the world while he waits for "the redemption of our body," when "we shall all be changed" (I Cor. 15:51).

But while every believer knows about suffering and sorrow by experience, there is something else he knows by faith. Verse 28 speaks of this:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."The true Christian is not a mere optimist; he is a believer in God’s Word, and God has much to say about how He is working all out for the good of His own. We have room here to quote but two passages:

II Cor. 4:17: "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

Rom. 8:18: "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
By C R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2006, 12:35:19 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "TRUE EVANGELISM" APRIL 11, 2005

"TRUE EVANGELISM"

In St. Paul’s mighty Epistle to the Romans he declares "the gospel [good news] of God... concerning His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 1:1-3).

The good news which Paul proclaimed was essentially about Christ. He was always talking about Christ. His epistles were filled with Christ. In his message Christ was everything.

This is in striking contrast to much of modern evangelism, which is not Christ-centered, but man-centered. Dr. A. W. Tozer, shortly before his death, wrote:

"The flaw in current evangelism lies in its humanistic approach... It is frankly fascinated by the great, noisy, aggressive world with its big names, its hero worship, its wealth and pageantry... This gross misapprehension of the truth is back of much... of our present evangelical activity...

"This concept of Christianity is a radical error, and because it touches the souls of men it is a dangerous, even deadly, error... It is little more than a weak humanism allied with weak Christianity to give it ecclesiastical respectability... Invariably it begins with man and his needs and then looks around for God, while true Christianity reveals God as searching for man to deliver him from his ambitions."

Tozer was right in this. God’s good news for the world is about Christ and His power and love in defeating Satan, overcoming death, nailing the Law to His cross and paying for man the just penalty for sin, so that all who believe might be justified This is why Paul’s gospel is called in Scripture "the gospel [good news] of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24) and "the gospel of the glory of Christ" (II Cor. 4:4).

To enter experientially into the truth of this good news is the greatest blessing one can possibly enjoy.

By C.R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2006, 12:37:14 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "THE VALUE OF HARD PLACES" APRIL 12, 2005

"THE VALUE OF HARD PLACES" - Part 1 of 3

Trials are valuable in revealing to us ourselves and showing us our insufficiencies and failures.  They are God's is great blasting processes in the work of spiritual excavation, which is necessary for the work of building up the life and character.  We never know what graces the qualities we possess until the test comes, and then the faith and courage  that glowed with such a flame in the moment of enthusiasm and inspiration finds its true level, and the soul is thrown back in its nothingness and  helplessness upon Christ alone, to find in Him its all in all.

This was the meaning of Jacob's trials, to bring him to the end of self.  This was the purpose of Job's afflictions, to slay his self-righteous confidence.  This was the blessing that came from Peter's fall,  that it broke his pride and self-sufficiency  and sent him forth to lean upon his Lord and find his strength outside himself in Christ alone.  This is why the Lord still tries you,  to convince you thoroughly  that your estimate of your own strength is utterly false and exaggerated and to bring you to that place where it will be truly "Not I, but Christ liveth in me"
(Gal. 2:20).

Trials Make Christ Real

Trials make Christ real, just as real as the trouble is.  They are God's heavenly messengers to communicate His grace and blessing to our souls and make them stand out in relief in our lives, so everybody can see it and feel it.

God cuts and burns His messages into human lives until Christ becomes to us as real as the tears we have shed, the fears  under which we have trembled, the sorrows that were ready to overwhelm us, and the difficulties which rose like mountains before us, so that the sweetest memories of our lives are the hard places which have become stepping stones and monuments of divine and heavenly things.

Trials are Occasions for Victory

Trials win for us eternal crowns. They become occasions  for victory and rewards which will never pass away.  When history is forgotten and the records of  time are obliterated, when the solar system has vanished  away, and new heavens and new earth are sweeping in the orbits of immensity, the eternal results of these trials will shine in our lives as we share with God Himself the new heavens and the new earth, and the glories of the coming age for which all things are now preparing.

Beloved, shall we seek to profit from our sorrows?  Shall we win a crown?  Shall we get out of the things that are happening to us today all that Christ has for us?  Shall we be "more than conquerors through him that loved us"? (Rom. 8:37).  And shall we endure hardness as good soldiers of Jesus Christ?  If so, we shall some day hear Him say to us: Well done, thou good and faithful servant;...enter Thu into the joy of the Lord."

Trials Teach us to Know  the Resources of God

Trials help us, to know the resources of God.  It is only in difficult circumstances that we learn to know His all -- sufficiency.  Israel at the Red Sea must first stand still and behold the salvation of God   (Ex  14:10-14).  So He tells them that the reason He led  them through the wilderness, and  exposed them to a situation where there were no natural supplies of any kind, was to teach them that He was adequate for every need, and that "man shall not live by bread  alone, but by every word that proceedeth  out of the mouth  of God"   (Matt. 4:4).  God becomes real to us up to the measure of our sense of need He meets.  So every difficult situation is just a vessel for Him to fill  and an occasion for Him to show Himself in His infinite wisdom, power, and grace.  The Apostle tells us  that he was exposed to every sort of difficulty in order that the power of Christ might rest upon him according to his needs, and therefore he welcomed each new situation as another occasion for Him to say "My grace is sufficient for The" (2 Cor. 12:7-10).

==========================See Part Two

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2006, 12:39:21 AM »

"THE VALUE OF HARD PLACES" - Part 2 of 3

Beloved, are we thus proving and finding Him equal to all the conditions of our lives and glorying in being able to tell the world that our God shall supply all our need according to His riches and glory by Christ Jesus?

Trials Teach us Faith

Trials teach us faith.  Trial is the fruitful soil of trust.  Difficulties are the divine incentives which demand and develop our confidence in the divine faithfulness and love.  The eagle can only teach her young to fly by tearing up her nest and hurdling them out in mid-air,  where, thrown upon their own resources, they must either fly or fall.  Then it is that they must learn the undeveloped power in their little pinions, and as a strike out upon the air in desperate struggles, they find the secret of a new life and gradually learn to beat their way through the pathless firmament and fly upon the wings of the wind and in the face of the sun.

So God teaches His children to use the wings of faith by stirring up their nests, taking away their props, and flinging them out often-times into an abyss of helplessness, where they must either sink or learn to trust and throw themselves upon the seeming void, to find that God is there beneath them like the supporting weighing of the eagle stretches for beneath her pain and struggling brood.

It is so easy for us to lean upon the things that we can see, and feel that it is an entirely new experience for us to stand alone and walk with the unseen.  God as Peter walked upon his sea.  But it is the lesson we must learn if our souls are ever to dwell in God's eternal calm where faith must be our only sense, and God be our all in all.

Very gently does He suit the test to our feeble strength and lead us on as we are able for more and more.  And we thus trusting Him in life's hard places and growing strong as we endure hardness as good soldiers of Jesus Christ?

Trials Teach us to Pray

Trials teach us to pray and constrain us to be much alone with God.  They drove  Jacob to his knees at the fords of  Jabbok (Gen. 32:23-30).  They taught the Psalmist to find "the secret place of the most High" (Ps 91).  They made the life of Paul one ceaseless dependence  upon the presence of his Lord,  and they have inspired as well as sustained the divine communion  which we have learned to prove as the supreme  resource and solution of our lives.

It is very humbling that it should be true that God must press His children to His breast by suffering and need,  but it is, alas, too often the case that ease and comfort lead us to, at least, a partial independence of Him, and our most spiritual seasons and the times that have brought  God most near  to us  have been the times of which we could say, "Thou hast known my soul in adversities."

Trials Teach us to Love

Trials teach us to love, and when God wants to soften and refine our spirit and  answer our prayers for patience and love,  He has to let the discipline of ill-treatment, injustice, and often the severest wrong compel us to go to Him for the love that "beareth  all things," that "endureth  all things" (1 Cor.13:7.)  Of course, we find out first that we have not the love adequate for the test, and as the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins, He leads us to the source of strength;  then as we gradually learn the humbling lesson, He leads us on from day-to-day in deeper testing and sweeter refining until we can thank Him for the fire that brought us more of His Spirit's grace and His own overcoming love.

========================See Part Three

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2006, 12:41:16 AM »

"THE VALUE OF HARD PLACES" - Part 3 of 3

Trials Teach us Patience

Trials teach us patience.  It is a thorough school to learn to endure, and patience is the crowning grace of the Christian life.   When it has its perfect work, then we become "perfect and  entire, wanting nothing" (James 1:4).  Often therefore the crowning lesson of the spiritual life is learned in the school of  suffering.

Trials Teach us Courage

Trials teach us courage.   They take away the fear of suffering, the dread of pain, as we experienced God's sustaining grace in enable us to put on His strength and courage and rise above the power of fear until we welcome the conflict and stand with scars of the conflict and victory as good soldiers of Jesus Christ.

Trials Make us  Patterns

Trials make us patterns and object lessons for the help of others and for the  glory of God, showing to the world what Christ can do for  His children, and what Christ-filled  lives can accomplish when others fail.  God wants us to be living epistles of Christ (2 Cor. 3:3) unto the world,  to angles and to men,  showing to them in our example that Christ can keep in every situation, and that the power of His grace is practical, supernatural, and adapted  to every human life.

Trials Fit us to Help Others

Trials fit  us to help others by the lessons we have learned in our own experience. ( 2 Cor. 1:3,4)  The callous  and immature heart is little qualified to comfort, counsel, and bless a suffering world.  God has to burn in us first what we are to give out to other fellows.  The painful ordeal of a real experience qualifies us to comfort, strengthen, and encourage the souls to whom He has to send us, and to whom we can say, "I have been there, and I can tell you from the depths of my own experience that 'my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by  Christ Jesus'" (Phil. 4:19).

Author unknown

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2006, 12:42:53 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "HELP IN TIME OF NEED" APRIL 14, 2005

"HELP IN TIME OF NEED"

Our Chicago papers, recently, carried two interesting front page items; one about Timothy Nolan, a Chicago policeman who pleaded in vain for help while he battled two toughs. Sixty people stood about, watching him fight for his life, but not one of them helped him or even bothered to call another policeman. They just stood and watched.

The other item was about a twelve-year-old girl, named Susan Benedict, who had come from Clinton, Wisconsin, to visit Chicago. As Susan sat in the Greyhound Bus Station at Clark and Randolph, a thief grabbed her purse and ran.

Perhaps it was because she was a sweet, defenseless twelve-year-old, but in any case, about a dozen people who witnessed the incident, followed the thief until one got a policeman, who caught the thief and returned the purse to the little girl.

It is a very frightening thing not to be able to find help when it is desperately needed -- and just as wonderful to have help when it is needed.

Thank God, He is always ready to help us in our deepest need -- the salvation of our souls. Are you afraid that your many sins have placed you in a position beyond help -- that you have sinned too greatly for God to forgive you? Then listen to Eph. 1:7, where the Apostle Paul says, by divine inspiration:

"We have redemption through [Christ’s] blood, THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS ACCORDING TO THE RICHES OF HIS GRACE."

Rom. 5:20,21 will give further encouragement along this line:

"...WHERE SIN ABOUNDED, GRACE DID MUCH MORE ABOUND, THAT AS SIN HATH REIGNED UNTO DEATH, EVEN SO MIGHT GRACE REIGN, through righteousness, unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ our Lord."

Paul knew this by experience, for he was the leader of the world’s rebellion against Christ, but he was saved in one moment by the grace of God. This is why he says: "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief" (1 Tim. 1:15).

If God saved the "chief of sinners," He is surely willing to save you, "for whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:13).
By C R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2006, 12:44:41 AM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "Enemies of the Cross" APRIL 15, 2005

"Enemies of the Cross"

Scripture Reading:

"For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things." -- Philippians 3:18, 19

During the Apostle Paul's visits to Europe he had frequently warned the Philippians about those who were nothing more than deceivers. It is apparent that the problem in the assembly had greatly intensified for Paul writes, "I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping."  These men are labeled by the apostle as "the enemies of the Cross of Christ."  They may have appeared outwardly religious but in reality they were ungodly, self-seeking, arrogant, sensual men who were destitute of faith.

There are three indictments that are handed down against these workers of iniquity: First, in the order of enumeration is the statement, "whose end is destruction."  Surely this cannot be said of the saved.  On the other hand the unsaved will experience everlasting destruction as foretold in II Thess.1:7-9.  Secondly, notice the object of their worship.  Were they worshiping the true and living God?  No! their god was their belly -- sensuality, which produced the insatiable desire to satisfy the appetites of the flesh.  Thirdly, we are told they set their affections solely on worldly things such as: philosophy, intellectualism, power, popularity, fortune, etc.

Little wonder Paul calls them enemies of the Cross, "they had a form of godliness, but denied the power thereof."  These emissaries of Satan had no desire to understand the preaching of the Cross, whereby they could be justified from all things.  Things haven't changed very much, today these imposters brazenly substitute the gospel message with the doctrine of positive thinking, which has led many to a false sense of security in thinking that they are right with God.  Sad to say, that even some believers have fallen under the spell of this insidious teaching.  Sir Walter Scott said of those who are given to deception:

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

Thankfully, even though the gospel is sometimes hindered, it continues to be the "power of God unto salvation."  Beware of the enemies of the Cross, they are among us even at this hour.
By Paul M. Sadler,

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2007, 02:56:59 PM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "GOD'S REVELATION OF HIMSELF" APRIL 16, 2005

"GOD’S REVELATION OF HIMSELF"

Romans 1:18-20 declares that God has revealed Himself to man in creation. Not that we can learn His plan of salvation from creation -- far from it. But the creation: the glory of its star-studded heavens, the beauty of its flowers and sunsets, the sun and rain and crops to supply us with food, and the unchangeable laws of nature, all show forth, not only the existence of God, but His power, His love, His justice, so that man is a responsible being and, as Verse 20 says, "without excuse" for the deplorable condition in which he finds himself.

A believer, talking with an atheistic evolutionist one day, took out his watch, looked at it and put it back into his pocket, saying: "I have a wonderful watch; it keeps perfect time; never misses a second."

"What make is it?" the atheist asked. "Oh, no make," answered the Christian. "Well, who manufactured it?" "Oh, nobody; it just put itself together somehow."

"Nonsense," said the atheist, "A watch can’t just come into existence. Somebody had to design it and somebody had to manufacture it."

"True," said the Christian, "yet you expect me to believe that this universe, with its billions of stars and planets, all working together in perfect order, just came about by itself; that it had no Designer, no Creator and no one who keeps it running? Isn’t that nonsense?"

No wonder Paul says that the godless are "without excuse," including even the vast majority of "religious" people, who salve their consciences by giving a small part of each week or each day to the performance of some religious rite but keep God out of their businesses, their politics, their social relationships -- their hearts.

But thank God, as He has revealed His power and glory in creation, He has revealed His mercy and grace, His plan of salvation, in the Bible, where we read how "Christ died for our sins" (I Cor. 15:3), so that we might have "redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7).

By C. R. Stam

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »

~Daily Inspirational ~ "DIRECTED PRAYER" APRIL 17, 2005

"DIRECTED PRAYER"

"Be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is" (Eph. 5:17).

Prayer to God must come from God.  There can be no prayer in the full assurance of faith apart from the known will of God in the matter. "The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know His will" (Acts 22:14).

"I do not think that a petition that misses the mind God will ever be answered (1 John 5:14).  Personally, I feel the need of trusting Him to lead me in prayer as well as in other matters.  I find it well to preface prayer not only by meditation but by the definite request that I may be directed into the channels of prayer to which the Holy Spirit is beckoning me (Rom 8:26,27)." -- J.O.F.

"When we once have the deep, calm assurance oh His will in the matter, we put in our claim, just as a child before his father. A simple request and nothing more. No crying, no beseeching, no wrestling. No second asking either." -J.O.F.

"The Lord may see it needful, for the trial (development) of faith, to seem for a season not to regard our supplications; yet, if we patiently and believingly continue to wait upon Him, it will be manifest in His own time, and way, that we did not call upon Him in vain." -- G. M.

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him" ( PS. 62:5).
By M. Stanford

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the