Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Girl Wants To Start Caucasian Club At High School
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girl Wants To Start Caucasian Club At High School  (Read 4593 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2003, 07:42:27 PM »

Sweet Moira, just because are seem arguementative and mean in this thread doesn't meen we feel that way about it eachother, only the issue. We do not take this personally. We are agresive about this one issue, it doesn't mean 5020 or Saved or Myself dislikes shugotenshi or ebia, we just disagree. Please, do not confuse our zealous debate with hatred. We are brothers and sisters in Christ, and though we disagree, we do not forget that.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2003, 03:58:39 AM »

Here's something interesting...try to start a Christian club in a public school...I know that is somewhat off-topic, but I think that would start even more controversy than any other club would...am I right???
I know at least one government school close to here that does have a Christian club.  (It has an Islamic one as well, I believe.)

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
moira3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2003, 04:31:52 AM »

I think you will find that today there are very few Christian clubs in public schools. I'm surprised people don't try to get the US currency changed, or the oath the President utter, "So help me God." Maybe I'm uninformed, but it seems like in the past two years there has been a great secular movement to remove all traces of God from public places....

" Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."   Proverbs 27:1
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2003, 04:35:18 AM »

Link to Article

What do you think?  Should she be allowed to start the club?

Why Not?Huh

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2003, 04:53:29 AM »

I guess the thing is that 'caucasian' is kind of vague (Russian, Franch, Irish, German, Italian, etc.)  I remember in Highschool, we had the French club, German club and so on.  Each club studied the particular culture.  Don't quote me on this, but weren't there initially 3 'races' (Japheth, Ham and Shem).  From there, they mixed and formed influences of the 3 initial races...like I said, please don't quote me on this, lol.  Someone who is pure Spanish is somewhat caucasian in appearance and somone who is Mexican is somewhat darker.  They speak the same language, aside from suttle differances and slangs.  I know a lot of Asians, and there are quite a few who have very light colored skin but others from the Philipines are darker.  Both being Asians, but there are migration issues here.  Even in some Philipino's I know, I see some darker and some lighter.  Is having a caucasian club in relation to skin color or a club of a certain culture?  An American caucasian is differant than an English caucasian.  The English culture is quite a bit defferant from the American culture.  So, what would those in this caucasian club do?  If it was an American caucasian club, that's fine...but what would they do in this club?  I'm thinking maybe the study of American history and achievements and so forth.  Well, that's one of things I would do if I was in charge of a caucasian club.  

America allows us the right to form 'clubs', and I have to abide with that...no biggy.  I'm for it, GO FOR IT!!!  But, are these students actually going to study something in this club or are they just forming a club 'just to form a club'?  Even if you put 'food' in the mix, there really isn't any traditional, original caucasian food.  The French (caucasians) would probably eat French food...am I right?  In America, caucasians don't have their own food...they and we all eat what we like which is mixed of many cultures.  maybe the club would be an American caucasian club, that would make more sense.  But again, what would the Amrican caucasian club study or do to make it  a club of it's own?  There are minorites who do, have, earn, work in similar situations as caucasians and there are also poverty stricken caucasians and minorities and criminal minorities and caucasians and so on.  I'm not trying to start a flame, so relax everyone, lol.  I'm just curious what the caucasian club would do?  Like I said, i'm for it, let em do it...but what would they do?  Any insight?

I guess if I were to form the Philipino club, we would talk about and stufy that various food, clothing, martial arts (yes, the Filipino's have their own martial arts, lol) and so on.  All would be invited...not only Filipino's.  We'd also study the language and the different variations that differ from each 'city' (there are sooooo many variations of the Filipino language).  Hence...the Filipino club.  The 'Filipino' club is NOT studying or brought together by skin color, it's a study of culture.  I wouldn't call it the 'yellow' club or the 'brownish' club.  I guess that's why i'm kind of puzzled by the caucasian club thing.  Does anyone here feel that 'caucasian' is a culture of it's own?  I'm confused.

Sorry about the long post, and please...i'm not trying to point fingers or anything i'm just curious about other people's insight...'conversation'.  Peace...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 04:58:27 AM by shugotenshi » Logged
shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2003, 05:04:24 AM »

I read the article more in depth and it actually sounds pretty cool.  going to museums adn doing fundraisers, sounds like a worth while and assertive club.  Two thumbs up...Smiley
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 05:15:15 AM »

I read the article more in depth and it actually sounds pretty cool.  going to museums adn doing fundraisers, sounds like a worth while and assertive club.  Two thumbs up...Smiley

I agree

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the