Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Girl Wants To Start Caucasian Club At High School
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girl Wants To Start Caucasian Club At High School  (Read 4595 times)
shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2003, 02:56:56 AM »

Hmmm.  My question is:  'are we starting these clubs 'just because' or what?  So much seperation.  Maybe we shouldn't focus on a secondary analysis about the flesh.  The world will always be the world, but as Christians...we are of spirit and race should not matter.  Well this race is doing this and that, so let's all do it because if they can, we should have the same rights and on and on if not let's get a lawyer...?  Well, if someone wants to start a club for the sake of the best interests of that club, go for it.  If someone is starting a club just to purposely 'test' people or play the 'we have a right' game, well...what do you peeps think?  I don't see color or races, I just see a bunch of humans that the Lord wants to love...honestly.  Coming from and Asian background and tourmented in school with racial slurs, 'rocks'...yes...ROCKS THROWN AT ME, and people driving by trying to emulate the Asian language and make fun of me and African Americans calling me 'chink'...it's hard to forget...but it's easy to forgive.  I'm only 'renting' here...my real home is in heaven, no biggy...

Maybe it's not the issue that the American indians could've have done this and that and the Africans sold this and that.  Maybe the point is, if there was never some sort of conflict...maybe the a situation of 'well, the American Indians could have fought back'...well, they never would've had to fight...would they?  It's almost like saying 'well, that's too bad if you can't defend yourselves.'...sounds like a dictatorship ya think?  So, if America was invaded by non caucasians ans took over the land..let's just say IF...that means:  "Well, that's too bad if the caucasians couldn't defend themselves."  Strange thing, a situation like THAT would be treated as 'an invasion'...yet in the past...oh, wait a minute...

I love all races, even if they don't love me<---WWJD...Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 03:08:57 AM by shugotenshi » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2003, 09:28:45 AM »

I used Native American to talk about Native American's. When I said Indians, I'm talking about Indian's. Hindu's, holy Cows, Elephants, The Kind and I, THAT India. Even Gandhi suggested his country really need to stand up and fight! He said they greatly outnumber the English, they can take them easy. But, they didn't. Stop trying to shift the blame.

No, it shouldn't have happen. But guess what, it did. There is no point blaming the White English descendants of America for what an empire did many years ago. The Blacks today, that are NOT the ones is slavery. They never where. The Native Americans today, that had NO land taken from them! Why should the young generations have to be forced to put up with the problems of the older?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2003, 12:46:56 PM »

GO TIBBY!  GO TIBBY!

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2003, 12:52:14 PM »

I love that darn banana Grin

I always want to sing "It’s Peanut butter Jelly time!" when I see it... long story... Wink

shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2003, 02:49:03 PM »

They shouldn't have to, it's stupid.  At the same time, other's shouldn't have to have the mentality like 'well, if they can do this and that, I can too'...that just causes more division, ya think?

Sometimes we tend to mix patriotism with Christianity...some don't know the differance.  Some think that Christianity is an American 'thing' when indeed it's a world thing.  Some people feel that things should center around particular countires...and it shouldn't.  Christianity is seperation from the worldly. Well, i'll let you have the last word tabby...not looking for a racial issue here.  If I was, i'd say something like 'Jesus isn't caucasian'.  The fact of that is TRUE, but Jesus came to save the gentiles and everyone..so race doesn't matter.  God Bless.  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 02:53:21 PM by shugotenshi » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2003, 03:57:03 PM »

Your right, race doesn't matter. That is my point. Race shouldn't matter. But the people who seem to say race shouldn't matter the most are the same people who make the biggest deal out of races. Everything is a race issue. If a Blackman gets a speeding ticket for going 55 in a school zone, during school hours, and it becomes a race issue. I know race doesn't matter, tell that to guys like the not-so-reverend Jesse Jackson! Tell that to OJ. You have all these influential people who can’t do what they need to because they might offend someone! It is crazy. In America, at least, the oppressed ones are only bringing it upon them selves.

shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2003, 05:11:10 PM »

I agree with you, like the KKK as well and those who dislike imigrants who are not caucasian but mostly like the one's that are more caucasian.  I spoke to some people concerning 'immigrants' being Latino and having 1,000,000 kids and being on welfare.  When I mentioned a Russian family coming to America 'immigrant'...they were more accepting them as opposed to the non-caucasian immigrants.  Strange, even if there are a bunch of Russian immigrants living on welfare...it seems to be 'ok'?  It's everyone who complains, not just the non caucasian folks and it should stop especially in the Christian communities.  At the same time, I should be able to walk down the street without someone driving by yelling racial comments or mere strangers asking me 'what I am' AND the same goes for a caucasian walking down a street as well and some 'non caucasian' yells out some racial slangs...that's just not right.  Heheh, I had a situation like that from this guy I never met before.  We were over at a friends house and he said, 'I thought you were Hawaiian.  What are you anyway?'  I said to him...'does it matter?'.  He gave me dirty look.  Hahahah, you dont' see me walking around pondering if someone is part French or maybe a bit of Irish or some Italian influence, lol.  I guess it goes both ways, lol.  This is my actual experience..not something I saw on TV...this stuff actually happens and has happened to me.  And there really shouldn't be any finger pointing towards and 'race'...it's everyone.  Doesn't bother me, I grew up with it and i'm not in gradeschool anymore.

Wow, OJ and Jesse Jackson...where did that come from?  How about Martin Luther King who loved everyone and was more towards true equality not racial favoritism?  He didn't want rebellion, he just wanted peace..and he was murdered for those beliefs.  It seems that you've targeted OJ and Jesse Jackson..why?  Curious...
You know who Ted Bundy was?  Jack the Ripper?  John Wayne Gacy?  Napolian?  Adolf Hitler?  There are alot of people put in places of power who are 'bad'...not all of them are Black, lol.  Smiley  

I'm gonna start a club, it's called the Human Race club...and all are welcome...Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 05:18:31 PM by shugotenshi » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2003, 06:09:38 PM »

I remimber when having the lastword meant you actually had the last word Grin

Wow, OJ and Jesse Jackson...where did that come from?  How about Martin Luther King who loved everyone and was more towards true equality not racial favoritism?  He didn't want rebellion, he just wanted peace..and he was murdered for those beliefs.  It seems that you've targeted OJ and Jesse Jackson..why?  Curious...
You know who Ted Bundy was?  Jack the Ripper?  John Wayne Gacy?  Napolian?  Adolf Hitler?  There are alot of people put in places of power who are 'bad'...not all of them are Black, lol.

And this has what do to with anything? Again, you are tryin to pin it on white people. We arn't even talking about evil vs. good here. We are talking about people in minority groups who are only making things more unequal, all the while saying they want equality. I never called Jesse or OJ evil. They are pushing the race issue mroe then most racists are! I wasn't saying they are examples of "evil non-whites." Stop trying to twist things around.

The KKK first started as a group that attacked all non-baptist, non-white, and/or non-southern. Not just Blacks. Those after school specials leave that part out, don't they? They forget to talk about the "carpitbagger" who were cruelly brutalized in the streets, or the Catholic Churches that were burned to the ground. They just make it into a race issue, leading to more equality. The KKK is much more then that. They are a wacked out version of Fundamentalism that gives even the Fundies a bad name! They are an evil bunch of men, but why should all white Fundamentalism be made to pay for the actions of a few mislead nutjobs? They shouldn't, that is the point!

shugotenshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2003, 08:23:43 PM »

but why should all white Fundamentalism be made to pay for the actions of a few mislead nutjobs? They shouldn't, that is the point!

Then why should all minority groups be made to pay for actions of a few mislead nutjobs who use race as an excuse?  That's also the point.  For example, i'm...i guess you can call it that...a 'minority', yet I dont' indulge in favoritsm among minority groups for jobs, school, financial, etc.  Yet, people feel that i'm may abuse the system due to my 'race'.  Again, as I've already said...i'm not like that.  Unfortunately, due to propaganda and television, i'm also made to pay for what other minority groups do as well.  Is this right?  I don't think so.  This is called 'stereotype'.  So, automatically, i'm placed in this stereotype that you mentioned that you, if you're caucasian, are placed in because of what the past whites have done and so on.  So, as these minority groups perpetuate their own stereotype and others are quick to welcome the propaganda...i'm put into the mix and so are you.  We're in the same boat, lol.  It's not right.  I'm not twisting anything, lol.  I don't even know you.  If I did, i'd invite you over to my house for dinner no matter what your views are on anything, no biggy.  Peace...    

Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2003, 11:02:17 AM »

but why should all white Fundamentalism be made to pay for the actions of a few mislead nutjobs? They shouldn't, that is the point!

Then why should all minority groups be made to pay for actions of a few mislead nutjobs who use race as an excuse?  That's also the point.  For example, i'm...i guess you can call it that...a 'minority', yet I dont' indulge in favoritsm among minority groups for jobs, school, financial, etc.  Yet, people feel that i'm may abuse the system due to my 'race'.  Again, as I've already said...i'm not like that.  Unfortunately, due to propaganda and television, i'm also made to pay for what other minority groups do as well.  Is this right?  I don't think so.  This is called 'stereotype'.  So, automatically, i'm placed in this stereotype that you mentioned that you, if you're caucasian, are placed in because of what the past whites have done and so on.  So, as these minority groups perpetuate their own stereotype and others are quick to welcome the propaganda...i'm put into the mix and so are you.  We're in the same boat, lol.  It's not right.  I'm not twisting anything, lol.  I don't even know you.  If I did, i'd invite you over to my house for dinner no matter what your views are on anything, no biggy.  Peace...    

What are you having?  Grin

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2003, 04:22:05 PM »

No, you should not be forced to suffer for what minority groups do. That is the point. They need to stop waving the eqaulity flag and start treating everyone, even the white, male, heterosexual, native born Amercians, like equals! They need to stop saying white America owns them for Hitler and the KKK and slavery, and start behaving like we are in the same boat, like we are all one nation. Melting pots are where we combine things, not devide them.

moira3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2003, 05:02:56 AM »

I really feel as if if someone is white and didn't own slaves, and doesn't treat other races differently, then why should he have to answer for something that happened so long ago? Is there never going to be a day when the white man is forgiven? I thought equality was about being the same as others, not trying to drive a wedge between us. This post may not be eloquent, but read what my message is, ignore the semantics involved....For a Christian forum I am very surprised at how critical some of you are...

" Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."   Proverbs 27:1
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2003, 07:39:08 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to moira3,

I think that most of what you are seeing here is sarcastic wit between friends.

I'm Scotch Irish Cherokee short ugly Christian American Okie. I couldn't find a club for us, so I'll settle with my Brothers and Sisters in Christ and be done with it.   Cheesy

Love in Christ,
Tom

moira3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2003, 02:32:36 PM »

Here's something interesting...try to start a Christian club in a public school...I know that is somewhat off-topic, but I think that would start even more controversy than any other club would...am I right???

" Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."   Proverbs 27:1
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2003, 06:01:35 PM »

Here's something interesting...try to start a Christian club in a public school...I know that is somewhat off-topic, but I think that would start even more controversy than any other club would...am I right???

Cheesy  You're right. After all, somebody might see a Holy Bible or hear a prayer. It would cause a horrible stir, even though there is a lengthy history of using public buildings for church services.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the