Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286850 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Church and State
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Church and State  (Read 2371 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2003, 08:20:11 AM »

Several threads here have discussed this.  I can't remember which ones they are and, I can't find any here under Theology.

Maybe we could continue here.

I'm just wondering, What are the arguments regarding this, right now--that is, the "separation of church and state"??

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 08:44:23 AM »

I think it all depends. I thank there should be equal and fair treatment of all Church. I would happily give up “in god we trust” if it meant we knew for sure that the Muslims and Buddhist and Hindu and Jews and Wiccans had to face the same Separation. There are ways around it. We just need to learn how to fight it legally. The people who support the Separation have no problem fighting it within the law. Why can’t we as Christians do the same thing? A Thing this is Inherently Christian like obeying the Governing Authority.  We had plenty of chances in history to run the Courts, and the bothers that came before us botched that up, so now we have to learn to DEAL WITH the Non-Christians in the Courts. Sorry, but America in not a Theocracy.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 10:22:56 AM »

Every country has a religion that their government uses as the bases for their laws. The laws of the  Christian countries are based on the 10 commandments. The laws in the Muslim countries are based on the Koran. The laws in atheistic countries are based on secular humanism. The notion that secular humanism is not a religion is simply false. Secular humanists worship the human being as the highest power in the universe. How can we separate chruch and state?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 12:04:44 PM »

There is in my opion seperation between church and state,Now religion and state is another qeustion.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 12:07:54 PM »

Don't you think religion and state is what people mean when they talk about church and state?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 01:37:35 PM »

yes my bad.I get upset when others are tring to take GOD out of the US.I know we must obey the law..Although the goverment has declared the bible the word of GOD,people still attack it..its a shame really.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 01:43:44 PM by Jabez » Logged

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 01:59:56 PM »

There is in my opion seperation between church and state,Now religion and state is another qeustion.
Quote by Jabez

Very well put. The Constitution says the state shall in no way establish religion. I.E. No state mandated religion as most European countries had. And what Tibby said is true; we are not a theocracy. Which says what Jabez said; there is already a seperation of church and state. But that doesn't mean "never the two shall mix." Christianity, and our form of govenment, has always been a 2-handed state. Only in the somewhat recent history has the forces of evil been trying to tear our hands apart. Or should I say, only in the somewhat recent history have they been succeeding so greatly.
Unless something changes the last many years of what the forces of evil have accomplished, we as Christians will become a dispised group among those who want a more secular society where so many have become "lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God."
Unless God does a great work among us and in us, this country, and Christians in particular, are in for bad times ahead. We can but pray, and work as He guides us to change this. Time will tell.

Yours in Christ.  Roy.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 02:13:18 PM »

It was all prophesied that people would turn away from God as end times approach. There is nothing we can do about it since greater powers are operating than just we humans. All we can do, as believers, is stand firm and stand up for what we believe, but we cannot alter prophesy.
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 02:29:48 PM »

"but we cannot alter prophesy. "

How true..

I hope the end is in my life time.I want to fight in the battle.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2003, 09:16:57 PM »

It'd be neat to be a part of end times, but alas, I don't think I'll live long enough to see it.
Reba
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2003, 11:26:19 PM »

Amendment I.2
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The above is an exact quote.
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2003, 12:38:15 AM »

Amendment I.2
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The above is an exact quote.

Thank you Reba. I didn't have exact quote, but had read it before. Nice to see what it says exactly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 12:39:06 AM by Royo » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2003, 01:19:33 AM »

It'd be neat to be a part of end times, but alas, I don't think I'll live long enough to see it.

Why do ya say that? People are living a lot longer now a days Wink

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2003, 02:17:03 AM »

Are you kidding?  I sure hope so.  After the flood the average age was about 70.  Guess what it still is today.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2003, 08:57:58 AM »

Are you kidding?  I sure hope so.  After the flood the average age was about 70.  Guess what it still is today.

Nah, we are never going to get rid of the Baby boomers. If we had a world wide nuclear war right now, but Sunday, all we would have left are the Baby Boomers and the cockroaches. Grin

Feals good to be Gen x, doesn't it, Jason? Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the