Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Party, to a new life!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Party, to a new life!  (Read 3304 times)
rpfeffer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2003, 01:19:58 AM »

My testimony may not be to great as opposed to someone elses, but I thought it would be great to share considering there are tons of young people who have been through the things I have and still are!

I was born and raised in the Catholic religion, didn't really think anything of it AT ALL! Didn't ask what it was, don't remember anything about going to CCD classes except that i would go to class every wednesday night and my dad would pick us up early so we didn't have to go to mass. See my dad went to catholic school when he was young and didn't feel it was necessary for us to do it as well. So we just basically stopped going... In high school I thought I should go to church more, but never really made the effort. I lost my virginity when I was 14 and didn't think it was really a big deal. I partied all the time and eventually I had slept with a lot of guys by the age of 18... I was in college last year and I partied all the time and still slept with guys... some I knew some I didn't... One night during the winter where I lived on campus we had a huge ice storm, it was the worst thing that had happened in Ohio in a long time... COllege classes were canceled for about a week and we just drank and partied everynight... This night in particular I drank and drank with all my friends... no more than I usually did.. which was a lot btw.. I got extremely sick... I couldn't stand I couldn't move I thought I was going to die... woke up somewhere and didn't even know how I got there... the next morning I got home had a busted blood vessel in my eye... kinda like a remembrance of the whole night...

later on that night one of my best friends, Katie, a good christian who went to church praised the lord everyday and did everything I should have been doing... her friends from another town came to visit her... two guys... one of the guys walked in the door and I couldn't keep my eyes off him and I just knew I was supposed to meet him and we just connected even the moment we talked to one another... we spent the whole night together... talking and sharing everything we could think of with one another... He was a CHRISTIAN.. in a christian rock band and was purely God's and it showed.. we started dating and he told me everything I needed to know about Christ... led me to the Lord... I have been there ever since... We are no longer dating, but when he hugged me it just felt like God was holding me... it was the most amazing feeling ever... and now when I look back i know God was in me that night making me throw up all the evils in my body...
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 08:42:46 PM »

Welcome rpfeffer, and thank you for sharing your testimony with us. And you are right, many who read it may get a lot out of it. They would not have had you not been so honest, but you were, and I commend you for your honesty and your sharing.
With me it was pot, girls, and eventually attempted suicide. I never fail to be honest about it, as you have been, because I know I am a new creature in Christ Jesus our Lord, and that all that is forgiven, and as the Word Of God says, "as if it never was".

Again, welcome, and thank you for sharing. May our Father God touch you and bless you in all things.

Your brother in Christ our Lord.  Roy.

rpfeffer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 09:17:18 PM »

Thank you so much Royo for being Honest with me... I know there are a lot of things people take for granted and I was one of them... I just wanted to be loved... and the only real love I could find was in Jesus... May God bless you in all your endeavors Roy!

Randi <---Girl's name actually! lol  Smiley
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 12:05:07 AM »

Thank you Randi.
I wanted to know your first name. It is easier to pray for someone when you know their Christian name. And thank you for your prayers also.

Looking forward to fellowship with you.  Roy.

DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 10:06:34 AM »

That was a great testimony rpfeffer...so filled with honesty and your love for the Lord.

God bless Smiley

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 05:41:18 PM »

Thanks for sharing your testimony.
I was raised Catholic as well by my mother until I pretty much turned to alcohol and drugs as a teenager and then became a Christian when I was about 23 I think.  But anyway, can you see throughout your life where perhaps the Lord had his hand on you guiding you?

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 09:04:11 AM »

rpfeffer, welcome to the forum, as well as the family of the Lord! Thanks for your testimony!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
rpfeffer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 06:42:07 PM »

KiwiChristian, I always believed in God and everything, but didn't really think of him as always being there for me until I was saved... Like the blinders came off and I was able to see life and it's reality... It was the most amazing thing... I wouldn't trade the onfire feeling for anything!  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the