Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Back and worse than ever (spritually)...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back and worse than ever (spritually)...  (Read 7267 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »

Brad,

It sounds to me like you are just getting yourself more confused than ever by trying to dig into this doctrine. It is a doctrine that can confuse people and make them turn away even further from God when they think it is too late for them. Satan works hard to put such thoughts as this in our minds. He wants to destroy us in this manner. I strongly suggest that you let it go and concentrate on getting yourself back in line with what God tells us to do. Stop struggling with this, repent of your sins, turn away from them and follow Him. Emerse yourself in Him and His word daily. You don't "feel like it"? Do so anyway, praise Him and thank Him daily, start with your first waking thought, do so every moment that you can through out the day. Before long it will be a part of your life and you will look forward to those times with Him which will be all day long.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 09:21:37 PM »

Brad,

Pastor Roger's advice is excellent. Forget about all the complex and confusing stuff - just go back to JESUS. Try to find a church that teaches the Bible, and start with the basics - NOT the hardest portions of the Bible.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 118:24 NASB  This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

doc

Eternal Life begins at salvation - John 5:24

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 03:16:21 PM »

brad5

"And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven."    Luke 12:10   NKJV  -  here and in Mat 12:32

My struggles with this rather complicated and very Hebrew concept bring me to the place where I realize Jesus is talking to us - today - of an unrepentant attitude regarding our sinful life and our initial relationship to Him made when we first believed.  That old liar - the toothless lion looking to devour us all - would have us believe that this is a single misstep - or even a series of doubts - that condemn us forever.  Your doubts are a part of growing in Him - your conscience is tender not seared - you are not "lost."

There is NO SIN that He will not forgive, Brad, if we truly desire to repent and have a clear conscience.  The life style of the "practice of iniquity"  is what these verses - and those in the Book of Hebrews - are referring to.  Intentional, repetitive, habitual sin!!

As the folks below have already pointed out, these may be easily missunderstood, gives their initial intention to the Jewish Nation.

That being said, they still bring a sense of responsibility to my heart today.  I believe once saved - always saved - but we have to stay saved ---  by His Grace and our practise of faithfulness, trust and holiness

Keep your eyes on Jesus, Brad - trust Him and ignore satan's fiery darts - that's what you faith is for.

doc

Heed the words of Jesus:

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.  John 5:24  NKJV
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the