Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  In God We Trust
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In God We Trust  (Read 1779 times)
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2003, 11:11:27 AM »

Saw this on a Houston news show website

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/91703_APstate_pledge.html

Look at it and tell me whats wrong?

Maybe I am just paranoid, but if they win then I'm writing it on all my stuff.

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 11:43:02 AM »

I hope things like this are dismissed.It seems more and more GOD is being taken away from the public eye,its really sad and frustrates me.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 06:52:05 PM »

Have you ever heard the saying "Don’t mess with Texas?" It is true!  This foolish father has succeeded in one thing, makes sure his child gets a daily beating on the play ground! We are talking about the home state of Corn-feed, southern Baptist Cowboys! We are talking about the land of 3 sports, High School Football, hunting, and College Football! We are talking about a state where musicians sing about putting footwear in the anal orifice of Terrorism worldwide! You know what my football coach said when we asked him about not being able to pray before big games? “@#$% that, men!! We are going to pray, and nothing is going to stop us!!!!!” Of all the State to bring up this kind of suit, why Texas? In California, people don’t get away with that! Do not be shocked to find out this man has been hung on an Oak tree. This is Texas, we know how to handle boys like him  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 12:50:52 AM »

Oh please, give me a break! If that where the case, why does he not attack the issue head on? It seems to me, attacking “ Under God” in a State containing the largest concentration of Flaming Fundamentalists wouldn’t be the best way to get your point across. The Educational System of AMERICA needs a fix. Suing bush for making his Daughter say “Under God” is just asked to get flamed by every Political Talk show host and Conservative on the country! All he is doing is trying to get famous fast, and as of late, this is the fastest way!

If he gave one consideration for his Daughters Education, he would have not attacked “under God” like that. Now, instead of learning, she will be fighting off attack from every kids in school, who all overheard there parents talking about it ridiculous this is. If he Cared a lick about Education, then why didn’t he attack the Education directly?

Stop making excuses for this  liberal agenda, that is all it is, an agenda. Nothing more. Something for the ACLU to make headlines with again.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 06:09:41 AM »

Have you ever heard the saying "Don’t mess with Texas?" It is true!  This foolish father has succeeded in one thing, makes sure his child gets a daily beating on the play ground! We are talking about the home state of Corn-feed, southern Baptist Cowboys! We are talking about the land of 3 sports, High School Football, hunting, and College Football! We are talking about a state where musicians sing about putting footwear in the anal orifice of Terrorism worldwide! You know what my football coach said when we asked him about not being able to pray before big games? “@#$% that, men!! We are going to pray, and nothing is going to stop us!!!!!” Of all the State to bring up this kind of suit, why Texas? In California, people don’t get away with that! Do not be shocked to find out this man has been hung on an Oak tree. This is Texas, we know how to handle boys like him  Grin
LOL

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 04:24:47 PM »

Tibby I just want you to know.... RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!

I am a Texan born and raised. I know exactly how you feel. There is a certin amount of pride that comes with that title. A deep heritage most states can't match. Now I know alot of it is from my upbringing. Altho I am not a "True" southener I consider myself to be one, considering most of my origins are from the deep south (even though most of those are Cherokee). I was raised with a sense of duty before God and my country. Hence my carrer choice of the Air Force. How many others have that honor bestowed on them? I serve so that others may bash me and my fellow servicemen by refusing to say a pledge we hold so dear. Unfortunatly that is the way it is becoming. I can easily get off on a rant right now, but I will spare you all. I am sure you can figure out where I stand on this issue.

Ok now as far as "In God we trust" can people walk away from God anymore than they have already? I am quite happy being part of a nation that has the cajones to have that on its currency. So with all that said....

%^&@ the Liberals.....!!!!!

Bless you all,

Jim

p.s. In God I Trust

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 05:50:55 PM »

I hear you, I’m not born a Texan either! My parents and both fro mthe Deep South, and I’m an Okinawa by birth Wink But with all the time I’ve lived in Texas, and after being in other places, there is no other place I’d rather be! Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the