Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:12:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is it me or....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it me or....  (Read 14568 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »

thank you

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2007, 08:14:20 PM »

Hello Brother David,

There's a whole list of free Bible translations for e-Sword. In terms of easy to understand and up to date English and grammar, I don't think that Douay-Rheims fits in that category.

They are completely free, so you can install all you want, compare them, and go from there.

You can do a Google search for "English Bible Translations" and get all kinds of sites with reviews of various English translations.

I've used the ASV (American Standard Version), and it's really little more than an updated KJV with old English replaced with American English.

I've also used the ESV (English Standard Version), the ISV (International Standard Version), and several updated versions of King James that are free. If you look in the "Computers and Software" area, you will find numerous links for material designed to be used in e-Sword. If I remember correctly, there are at least three updated King James Versions that are completely free to use. There really isn't any need to spend money unless there is something special that you really want. I have thousands of completely free e-Sword resources installed on my computer. I only have three 3rd party commercial modules that I bought. I didn't need them, but I did want them. I also regularly use several King James Versions (i.e. Red Letter, with Strong's, 1611, 1769, etc.). What most people think is the Original King James is actually a 1769 Revision of the Original King James. Very few people use the Original 1611 Version of the King James. The spelling and Old English words make it very difficult to use.

Brother David, I hope this helped you some. There are a huge number of choices that are completely free, so there really isn't any need for you to spend money. I suggest that you do a little bit of research and download a few of the free translations. e-Sword also does side-by-side comparisons between various translations.

Can I have my coffee now?   Wink

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 78:4-6 NASB  We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done. For He established a testimony in Jacob And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers That they should teach them to their children, That the generation to come might know, even the children yet to be born, That they may arise and tell them to their children,

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 08:31:29 PM »

thank you and no  Wink

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 11:54:13 PM »

thank you and no  Wink

Grin  Brother David, I was mid-sip of coffee when I read this.

So, oooooophs!  -  As the young folks might say - "my bad".  At least I think that's what the young folks say. I really get confused about what some of the young folks say.

I sometimes try to be "COOL MAN", but I know that I'm an old square.   Cool

But, I'm happy to be an old square.   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2007, 12:31:32 AM »

Grin  Brother David, I was mid-sip of coffee when I read this.

So, oooooophs!  -  As the young folks might say - "my bad".  At least I think that's what the young folks say. I really get confused about what some of the young folks say.

I sometimes try to be "COOL MAN", but I know that I'm an old square.   Cool

But, I'm happy to be an old square.   Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2007, 01:15:56 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin   Grin   Grin    ROFL!

OK, who's been distributing my picture?

However, this one is somewhat flattering. I was younger at the time of this picture.   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2007, 01:22:34 AM »

There is a little bit of gray in the hair and a whole lot in moustache and eyebrows.

But, I'm happy to be an old square.

At least squares aren't rolling around with every wind that blows.   Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2007, 12:42:40 PM »

American is becoming similar to Sodom? Sad
sorry, but it bug me. Sad

The key word here is "similar" and not "the same as". However, with the acceptance of homosexuality as an "alternate lifestyle", letting them become ministers, letting them marry and even adopt children, and then making laws to protect their wicked lifestyle, I would say this country has become VERY similar to Sodom.

There is also the legalized mass murder of millions of unborn babies. All those involved in that will answer to God for it in my opinion. Also, God's people will answer to God for allowing all this wickedness without protesting more strongly. Satan is winning over this world while we sit back and wonder, "How did this happen?"

We stood back while one woman had the Bible and prayer removed from our schools. We stood back and allowed the Ten Commandments to be removed from in front of a federal building. We stood back while homosexuality was legalized and protected. We stood back while murder of unborn babies took place. We stood back and said, "I don't care as long as it doesn't affect me." Well, we're reaping what we've sowed. We sowed apathy, and now we're reaping a country that accepts anything except God's word.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »

The key word here is "similar" and not "the same as". However, with the acceptance of homosexuality as an "alternate lifestyle", letting them become ministers, letting them marry and even adopt children, and then making laws to protect their wicked lifestyle, I would say this country has become VERY similar to Sodom.

There is also the legalized mass murder of millions of unborn babies. All those involved in that will answer to God for it in my opinion. Also, God's people will answer to God for allowing all this wickedness without protesting more strongly. Satan is winning over this world while we sit back and wonder, "How did this happen?"

We stood back while one woman had the Bible and prayer removed from our schools. We stood back and allowed the Ten Commandments to be removed from in front of a federal building. We stood back while homosexuality was legalized and protected. We stood back while murder of unborn babies took place. We stood back and said, "I don't care as long as it doesn't affect me." Well, we're reaping what we've sowed. We sowed apathy, and now we're reaping a country that accepts anything except God's word.

But we must remember there is still a remnant of believers that still believes in God's Word and who deplore the above mentioned sins.  In another post, I mentioned that I left a church where the current pastor thinks the gay lifestyle is ok....and I told him when leaving that God's Word says this is an abomination.  In this same denomination, many churches that are Bible believing are pulling out from that denomination and making another branch (after trying so hard to get the denomination back on the straight path of God's Word).

I also know a nun that runs a pro-life organization.  She speaks around the country on the issue of abortion (and other pro-life issues).  She gives training courses on how to counsel young people to not abort and how to counsel them to abstain from sex before marriage, plus other pro-life issues.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:20:25 PM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2007, 09:48:36 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Many Christians did fight to stop many of the evil things going on today. It's true that there wasn't enough Christians standing up, and it's also true that they didn't fight hard enough. However, there is another issue to consider - the possibility of this evil being the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy.

If this is the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy, no power will be able to stop it. However, this does not relieve Christians of their responsibilities. Regardless, it would mean more prayer for guidance and strength to do HIS Will. If these are the last days of this Age of Grace, things will become MUCH worse, and nothing will be able to stop or slow it. Everything will unfold according to GOD'S perfect time, and Christians will have important duties to perform until the last minute. More and more, Christians will be persecuted, but that won't change our responsibilities either. Christians are dying in greater numbers every day around the world while trying to do what GOD wants them to do. YES - Christians might be in danger in this part of the world soon, but GOD will provide according to HIS Will. The worst that evil men can do is kill our physical bodies. For Christians, that means "Absent from the body, present with the LORD." We will all physically die unless JESUS CHRIST comes for us first. This is simply a time for us to trust GOD, KEEP LOOKING UP!, and give thanks that we are children of the KING OF KINGS!

Our Citizenship is in Heaven, not this world!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2007, 09:46:35 PM »

From G1909 and G4649 (in the sense of G1983); a superintendent, that is, Christian officer in general charge of a (or the) church (literally or figuratively): - bishop, overseer.

1Ti 3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2007, 10:14:10 PM »

Sister Reba, long time, no see welcome back. 

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2007, 12:37:57 AM »

No..we are not the same as Sodom..fo in those days..the Lord had not yet come...There was no hope for Sodom..but through the blood of Jesus there is hope for all men...God in His great mercy sent His only son that through Him and Him alone there is redemption...No matter where a person has been or what he has done..there is forgiveness at the foot of the cross and there is eternal life for Jesus Christ is alilve..He is risen and because of it there is hope..We have to stand on what Jesus has done and share the gospel to a dying world..
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2007, 12:46:48 AM »

If only I were not coward
I or we can change all that, but no because of some legalism...

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2007, 06:25:04 AM »

That a girl!!!..Maryjane..in Jesus Def..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 06:26:49 AM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the