Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Real Battle (Witnessing Related)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Real Battle (Witnessing Related)  (Read 5717 times)
Kenny5682

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »

Sujo John, a Christian survivor of the World Trade Center attacks made a very vaild point.  He said we can only take one thing with us when we go to Heaven, and that's "People."

Why is it that we train for gold medals and trophies that will rust and corrode, but we don't train to go out into the world and win "People?"

In these last days we as Christians voice our opinions in an attempt to fight secularism in our country and ultimately in our world.  We fight to get prayer back into schools and to ban abortion and homosexual marriage.  If we are fighting for a Christ centered world the Bible says we are going to LOSE!  The book of Daniel clearly states that the events of the end times will come after the power of the Holy people has finally been taken away.

So what should we do?  Just give up.  No way.

Instead of fighting for a Christ like nation, we should desperately fight to win people over for the Kingdom of God before it's too late.

I encourage my Christian brothers and sisters to support eachother (myself included) in finding the courage and strength to bring as many people as possible to Christ.

I'd appreciate any further thoughts or elaborations.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 02:09:13 AM »

This one is real simple - we do both. The devil doesn't want us to do either of them. We don't win every time we go out to witness, but we keep witnessing. We don't win every time we vote, but we'll keep voting. I think it's pretty sad that many think they have to win before they are willing to be a RIGHT, MORAL, AND GODLY VOICE. If there is only one Christian left in a thousand, the Christian should speak up with ZERO CONCERN for what's popular in the world. This is also a part of our testimony before men, and it has everything to do with how many people will be willing to listen to a witness.

This one is a real no-brainer for me:  we don't sit down, we don't be quiet, we will call evil evil, we will call good good, we won't be ashamed of the Gospel, we won't be ashamed of JESUS CHRIST, we won't be ashamed of GOD'S WORD, and we won't be ashamed of what GOD'S WORD teaches.

Just bluntly and simply, I firmly believe that Christians who sit down and remain silent are calling evil good, are ashamed of GOD and HIS teaching, and/or they are too scared to stand for what's right and what's wrong. They also become conformed to the world because of the results of many Christians doing the same thing.

I'll speak for myself and say LORD WILLING: I will keep running, keep fighting, and finish my course. I will stop when I am either physically unable to continue or JESUS CHRIST takes me HOME.

In conclusion, I will fight the battle and know that JESUS CHRIST will win the war. If it comes down to having a choice of shutting up or being killed, I will be killed. Lastly, I don't have any respect for a Christian too COWARDLY or too ASHAMED to stand up for the things of the LORD. It really is just this simple.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »

Hi Kenny,

The battle that we fight is not of fleash and blood but it can be compared to the same. In war battles are not fought just on one front. When a nation tries to fight it on just one front alone that war is lost. Such battles are fought on many fronts. The battle on terrorism right now for instance is being fought inside those countries by our Troops. It is also being fought in the political arena using persuasion trying to convince people to support the cause. Then it is being fought by politicians that are trying to work with the enemy to gain some sort of compromise between them.

Winning souls through witnessing is a part of our battle. A major part. Getting prayer and the Bible back into schools is also a part of this battle. When our children are being taught nothing but the worldly beliefs by people that are supposedly ones they look up to and God is left out of that teaching then half the battle is lost.

Many do say the same thing, why not sit back and do nothing since we are going to lose anyway. The truth of the matter is that we do not lose. If we win just one more soul for Jesus it is not a loss.

We need to be fighting for souls in every manner that we can. Witnessing to other, teaching the truth in our schools, putting Godly men in political positions that will lead the nations in a Godly manner. To do nothing in any one of these areas is to let people go the wrong way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:33:58 AM »

A Word from the Publisher of the Rare Jewel Magazine:

Ultimately if we're to change America and restore its Christian
foundation we need the Holy Spirit to change the hearts and
minds of American citizens. However, that should not prevent
Christian Patriots as "salt and light" in politics and culture to
actively work to destroy all philosophies that are against God
(2 Corinthians 10:5) and to replace them with principles, laws,
and practices consistent with a Biblical worldview. Fighting the
Culture War on these two battlefronts--restoring America's
Christian foundation via "bottom-up" Christian discipleship and
"top-down" political activism--is necessary. If we neglect the
latter, and Christians avoid political involvement, then our
nation is assured of its destruction ("For lack of guidance a
nation falls" Proverbs 11:14).

A primary means for Christians to provide "guidance" is to vote
on Election Day. Our instructions from God are clear, "Select
capable men from all the people--men who fear God,
trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain--and appoint them as
officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens"
(Exodus 18:21).

My great-great-great-great-great grandfather, Reverend Gad
Hitchcock, preached an Election Day Sermon in Boston on May
25, 1774. He stated, "When a people have rulers set over them,
of a religious character on the gospel plan--who own and
submit to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, who are
sanctified by the divine spirit and grace, and, in a good measure,
purified from those corrupt principles which too often work in
the human heart, they have reason to expect the presence and
blessing of God will be with them, and that things will go well in
the state."

Forty-two years later the first United States Supreme Court
Chief Justice, John Jay, echoed Hitchcock's teaching:
"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers,
and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our
Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."

Christians make up the largest voting bloc in America. If
Christians obeyed God and voted according to Biblical
guidelines, we should expect that "things will go well in the
state."

The following three articles provide various points of
perspective for the Christian voter. On this Election Eve, read
each of these and prayerfully consider the advice and assertions.
The first two articles challenge the common approach to voting
by "choosing the lesser of two evils" while the third makes a
case for doing just that.

For God and Country,

Tim Ewing
Founder, Rare Jewel Magazine

Today is the day to get out that vote!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:47:36 PM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

I have thought about and prayed about these issues many times. I am convinced that Godly men and women need to be using their voices and influence for the Glory of GOD. I would be talking about every facet of life and a living testimony for GOD. Silence allows the ungodly to do what they want without opposition.

We need to be aware of what the ungodly want and know that it can effect our lives and the lives of our families. As an example: can portions of the Holy Bible be labeled as "Hate Speech" and be declared against the law? The answer is "YES" and it's already happening in some places. This is just one example of a host of things the devil and the ungodly want to do in silencing Christians. We live in a part of the world where Christians have a right and obligation to stand up and speak against these things. If we don't use our rights, our rights will be removed.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Malachi 3:16 NASB  Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name.

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Hi Kenny..

Yes...you are correct in the thought to win souls before it is too late...I have heard so many christians tell me...I am afraid to witness..but in truth...there will come a time like that of our brothers and sisters who gave their life for the cause of Christ that  many of us will do the same...Live your life as the Lord instructs that you will be a light that men will see shining from their darkness and be drawn to it...do not be afraid of the days that come, but know the Lord does not forsake us and has promised us eternal life...in all boldness stand for the cause of Christ...

Sincerely, Maryjane
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:04:23 PM »

Brothers and sisters...

A thought came to my mind that witnessing has become that of trying to sell a used car with no hits...Begging..pleading...offering bonuses...entertainment..whatever it takes that does not require the move of the Spirit...just to add to the numbers...which have huge turnovers..The Spirit does move and though prayer and sometimes fasting...the Spirit will lead to open doors to those who hearts are prepared to receive the gospel...with evidence of true repentance...To know the Lord is but to receive more than this world can offer...Those who know the Lord stand on this earth with great riches...a robe that covers them...the blood of Jesus...that gives rightstanding before the Father...to be a royal in knowing we are the children of a King...and one day...Jesus will come back not as one crucified...but as King...and all will stand before Him and tremble in that day...We must live our talk and act on His word...I pray with all my heart that all those called by His name will drop the denominaltional barriers and stand for the  cause of Christ...To speak forth the truth even if it causes persecution..There just isn't time for trivial but time to be in one accord as it was in Acts...

Sincerely..

Maryjane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 06:35:50 PM »

Brothers and sisters...

A thought came to my mind that witnessing has become that of trying to sell a used car with no hits...Begging..pleading...offering bonuses...entertainment..whatever it takes that does not require the move of the Spirit...just to add to the numbers...which have huge turnovers..The Spirit does move and though prayer and sometimes fasting...the Spirit will lead to open doors to those who hearts are prepared to receive the gospel...with evidence of true repentance...To know the Lord is but to receive more than this world can offer...Those who know the Lord stand on this earth with great riches...a robe that covers them...the blood of Jesus...that gives rightstanding before the Father...to be a royal in knowing we are the children of a King...and one day...Jesus will come back not as one crucified...but as King...and all will stand before Him and tremble in that day...We must live our talk and act on His word...I pray with all my heart that all those called by His name will drop the denominaltional barriers and stand for the  cause of Christ...To speak forth the truth even if it causes persecution..There just isn't time for trivial but time to be in one accord as it was in Acts...

Sincerely..

Maryjane

AMEN MARYJANE!

Sister, I quoted the entire post and hope that everyone reads it. There are Christians in other parts of the world who are risking their lives and giving their lives to share the GOOD NEWS of CHRIST. We can still share the GOOD NEWS in this part of the world in freedom and safety, and we shouldn't take that for granted. Here, it's just a matter of feeling a burden for others and doing it.

What if we were having to risk our lives in this part of the world to share JESUS CHRIST with the lost? How many Christians would be brave enough to stand up and do it? I hope and pray that MANY will be. There might come a time when our physical life is at risk for just being a Christian. Will we claim JESUS CHRIST? YES - I hope and pray that we do. I haven't been put in that position yet, but many of my family members have been. Right now, I plan to NEVER shut up. I hope and pray that I will never be ashamed or scared of claiming JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR, even if it means death.

Brothers and Sisters, the time MIGHT be growing short for the lost to be rescued from the curse of sin and death. The time is far past for every Christian to STAND UP and SAY, "LORD, use me!" The REAL POWER has always been GOD working in and through us. GOD'S Will be done! GOD can use all of us, regardless of ability, disability, rich, or poor.

May GOD give all of us the courage, strength, and guidance to yield to HIS Will until JESUS comes to take us home.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Matthew 17:5 NASB  While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

Philippians 1:21-22 NASB  For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose.

Galatians 4:4-6 NASB  But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 NASB  Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--for we walk by faith, not by sight--we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

Romans 8:37-39 NASB  But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 3:1-2  See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Psalms 105:3-4 NASB  Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad.  Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »

AMEN 

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the