Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Post-Bush Iraq
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will you vote for in the next presidential election?
G.W. Bush - 9 (81.8%)
Another Republican - 0 (0%)
Another Democrat - 1 (9.1%)
Another party candidate - 1 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post-Bush Iraq  (Read 4847 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2003, 07:07:24 PM »

I know it's early, but it's been on my mind. Bush wants more money and more time to finish business in Iraq.

(Now, considering in less than a year our television sets will be full of presidential-wannabes... Considering Bush's rating seem to be rising and falling and back again like the orange and yellow alerts... Considering democrats will always be out there like them darn mosquitos... Considering the former Bush didn't get a second term... What if... )

What if, God forbid, Bush wasn't re-elected to presidency? Specifically, how would it affect our Iraqi operations? Would the next president just pick up where Bush left off? Is it possible that the next president could just drop the whole Iraq thing altogether? Tell me what you think would happen. Enlighten me!

*Also, in the poll, vote for who you're going to vote for.  You don't have to discuss it - that was in another thread.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 07:45:58 PM by Mr. 5020 » Logged

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 07:10:19 PM »

VOTED G.W. Bush  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 07:13:53 PM »

The answer, Mr 5020, of course depends so much on what happens between now and then. It also, of course, depends on what the next preisdent values. If he's out to prove that he's a better persident than Bush then i think he'll try to undo what Bush did. If he's out to become popular, then he'll do what the majority wants. But if he's wants what's best for our country, then his decisions will be made autonomously, independent of what Bush did.
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 07:15:48 PM »

VOTED G.W. Bush  Grin

Exactly what I said not to do. *sigh*  Care to discuss the issue that I presented:  post-Bush Iraq?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 07:18:41 PM »

No vote Heidi?

Mr. 5020
---------------
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 10:20:52 PM »

The answer, Mr 5020, of course depends so much on what happens between now and then. It also, of course, depends on what the next preisdent values. If he's out to prove that he's a better persident than Bush then i think he'll try to undo what Bush did. If he's out to become popular, then he'll do what the majority wants. But if he's wants what's best for our country, then his decisions will be made autonomously, independent of what Bush did.

I was going to respond, but since I would just say the same thing Heidi said, I just used her quote.
Bush is my hero.
Love in Christ. Roy.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2003, 11:30:40 PM »

My vote was for Bush.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2003, 12:46:56 PM »

I know it's early, but it's been on my mind. Bush wants more money and more time to finish business in Iraq.

Bush is just a pawn in the big game, I am a Bush supporter all the way, he will give the USA another 4 years of freedom, and then YIKES who knows!

The Iraq business almost has a mind of it's own.  It is an integral part of the "Last Day" scenario (Babylon). The subsequent Iraq government will be put into place, most likely the cousin of Jordanian King Abduallah II will take over as the Monarchy/democratic governor, Sharif Ali bin al-Hussein (not to be confused with Sadaam).  This guy, Ali, is the cousin of the former King of Iraq, King Faisal II  who was assassinated along with his entire family, paving the way for Sadaam Hussein.  It is a fascinating history, if anyone is interested in some of the facts.

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 01:55:16 AM »

The Iraq business almost has a mind of it's own.  It is an integral part of the "Last Day" scenario (Babylon). The subsequent Iraq government will be put into place, most likely the cousin of Jordanian King Abduallah II will take over as the Monarchy/democratic governor, Sharif Ali bin al-Hussein (not to be confused with Sadaam).  This guy, Ali, is the cousin of the former King of Iraq, King Faisal II  who was assassinated along with his entire family, paving the way for Sadaam Hussein.  It is a fascinating history, if anyone is interested in some of the facts.
Hey sunodino!  I think your are the first person that has actually given the type of response Mr. 5020 was looking for.  Iraq's future is pretty obvious while Bush is president, but what'll happen when he is gone?  Its kind of freaky when you think of the things that could easily fall into place once Bush's Iraqi control is no longer an issue for old babylon.
sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 02:40:05 PM »

Hey sunodino!  I think your are the first person that has actually given the type of response Mr. 5020 was looking for.  Iraq's future is pretty obvious while Bush is president, but what'll happen when he is gone?  Its kind of freaky when you think of the things that could easily fall into place once Bush's Iraqi control is no longer an issue for old babylon.

If Bush gets re-elected, I believe we have a few more years to do what Jesus commanded, Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

If not, I believe, we will be neutralized in such a way that we will not be able to help Israel.  If what I said happens, the Hashemite family, Abdullah II, Ali bin Hussein, ruling Jordan and Iraq, then a very powerful alliance of land, riches and power will be in the hands of the Hashemite kingdom, (who by they way, claim to be the direct descendants of Muhammed, who better to rule Arab nations?) They will have the oil, the weapons (that nobody seems to be able to find), and the land mass.  The Arab nations right now are resisting this rulership. It is a big problem although you will not see it on mainstream news!  

Look out, we are headed for it headlong! "broad is the way the leadeth to destruction"

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2003, 03:09:56 PM »

No such thing as a post USA Iraq, at least not until babylonian oil flows in Haifa.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 09:00:26 PM »

I am scared to death that someone is going to get in office and simply drop Iraq. Not that I haven't thought get our kids out of there and let them kill each other off a few times. My son, has been there close to 8 months. He's seen the torture chambers, helped clear the mass graves, seen people maimed and still  some throw rocks at him, yell nasty stuff at him and try to kill him. But what we and many other countries are tryin to do is a good thing, its hard, most have NO idea how hard it is to make a democracy out of a dictatorship. I sure don't, except I know I have a son there, and he wants to come home soon, he's lived thru, and done things he's hates, but he can be proud of alot of things too.  He's helped liberate, they have given him flowers, gifts, hand shakes, there is still some good in people over there.
    Remember the USA is KNOWN for being a christian nation. Weather we act it or not. Sooo many countries look to us as super power......yes we need to put much in our defense militarially, and morally...changing now could threw a big wrench in that.   And WE must keep what values and morals we have. At least Pres Bush prays, will speak the name of God.
     I'm not the only mother here with a child in Iraq I am sure. But I am honestly pulled too. I want my baby home. Who ever gets in there, better keep an eye out for my kid......all our kids.   I always vote my conscience, if I feel God sayd go with that other one I would. But right now, this one isn't finished with what has been started. I don't feel God is ready to let this one go just yet.......after the mess of getting him in office, why not him let finsish what has been started. Unless God strikes me with lighting between now and then, I'll stay with what we got for another 4 years.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 01:43:08 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 09:42:54 PM »

musicllover,
I really appreciate hearing your perspective.  You've shared some of the more realistic things that are happening in Iraq.  It is rather scarey thinking what might happen if a pacifest was elected.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2003, 01:49:58 AM »

musicllover,
I really appreciate hearing your perspective.  You've shared some of the more realistic things that are happening in Iraq.  It is rather scarey thinking what might happen if a pacifest was elected.

Mozilla,
            thanks, I pray that someday that the Iraqi people will have the democracy that we and so many others are fighting so hard to gain.
        You are so right if a pacifest gets in there, what will happen to all the money and hard work that the USA has put into Iraq? That IS a scarey idea. Its like we've supported the next Hussein, helped build up his military, restored the people's confidence, and they return the favor with war, and more terrorizism. Make chilles run up and down my spine. All the hard work that our military has done, and all the lives lost would be for nothing.

musicllover
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2003, 09:58:27 AM »

Thanks musiclover. The people may have forgotten why we are in Iraq, the Solders have not.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the