Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Your FUNERAL - What Do You Want?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your FUNERAL - What Do You Want?  (Read 6404 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 12:35:10 PM »

Praise God there is life in death!

Amen there is, I might just want a white t-shirt with gold embroidery reading "Gone Home" on it and a big smile on my face  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »

Now that is an idea.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »

Now that is an idea.

Wink Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 11:50:50 AM »

Amen Rookie and Allinall!

Much of the world doesn't understand the significance of a funeral for a Christian. It isn't an ending, rather a happy time of going home and seeing the promises of GOD fulfilled for eternity. The world sees a body lying in the casket and doesn't understand that we are absent from the body and present with the LORD. The word "end" for a Christian can only be associated with an end of pain, sorrow, tears, etc. and a beginning of a joyous eternity with JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever.

Allinall, Brother it's great to hear from you. I remember what it's like to be young and busy trying to take care of a family. Your little ones will be grown in what seems like a very short time, so stop and smell the roses often. We all have a great list of things to give thanks for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:10-13 NASB  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Brother!  How ya doin?!?  Busy?  We sure have been.  Primarily on the job side.  God's good, and keeping me occupied.   Smiley  As for growing children...MAN!  My eight year old is so big now!  She's like, a person!   Grin  She's a sweetheart that God's working on and in.  My five year old is a work in progress.   Cheesy  Everyday I get up I'm reminded that even through the whinning and such like I'm a very blessed man.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 12:10:08 PM »

Hey Allinall, good to see you. Children sure are a blessing.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 12:22:39 PM »

Hey Allinall, good to see you. Children sure are a blessing.

Good to be here!  Yup.  They are.  Then you have songs on the radio that make you think about them growing up and getting married. Which is why girls will never be married.  Nope.  They're staying this age and with me forever!   Cry

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 05:37:07 AM »

Good to be here!  Yup.  They are.  Then you have songs on the radio that make you think about them growing up and getting married. Which is why girls will never be married.  Nope.  They're staying this age and with me forever!   Cry

Grin  YES - I had one girl to worry about and pray for. She turned out great and married a strong Christian man. I must admit there were a few years where I was fairly harsh with the boys who wanted to take her out on dates. She has forgiven me for that now. Start saving now for the wedding.   Grin

You asked about me. I am richly blessed with much better than I deserve. GOD has been good to my entire family. I pray for you and many young Christian families every day. I know that this old world is getting harder and harder for Christians, but I also know that GOD will be with us.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:133 NASB  Establish my footsteps in Your word, And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:35 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Now Brothers, you have to admit this is funny we went from 4 funerals to a wedding  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 07:40:16 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Now Brothers, you have to admit this is funny we went from 4 funerals to a wedding  Grin Grin Grin Grin

That is funny.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 03:50:41 AM »

Grin   Grin   ROFL! - I did miss the irony of my post. Maybe Allinall will pardon me, but I had to kid him some about wedding costs. I think that dads take this much harder than mothers. I just remember being a nervous wreck at the time of my daughter's wedding, and my wife had to send me to my room several times.  Grin

(Just kidding some) In looking back, it was a time of great joy.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 22:2 NASB  The rich and the poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »

Grin  YES - I had one girl to worry about and pray for. She turned out great and married a strong Christian man. I must admit there were a few years where I was fairly harsh with the boys who wanted to take her out on dates. She has forgiven me for that now. Start saving now for the wedding.   Grin

You asked about me. I am richly blessed with much better than I deserve. GOD has been good to my entire family. I pray for you and many young Christian families every day. I know that this old world is getting harder and harder for Christians, but I also know that GOD will be with us.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:133 NASB  Establish my footsteps in Your word, And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me.

Hehehe! Yah.  I've decided that my girls aren't going to date.  I like how they did things in Bible times.  They'd trade their daughters for some goats or sheep or camels or donkeys.  Now, I don't need any goats or sheep or camels or donkeys.  Nope.  I need a truck for Courtney, and a Harley for Caity.   Grin  I appreciate your prayers Brother, and amen to that!   Smiley

Len

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »

1 - The location and size of the facility.

My home church, wherever it is, however large it is.

2 - The casket and how expensive.

Appliance box is OK with me. Smiley

3 - Large service - small service - public - private.

Public...let everyone who will come.

4 - Who officiates and why - a pastor - not a pastor.

My current pastor...I've never heard the Gospel more clearly than I've heard him present it. And if teh Gospel is not preached at my funeral, I'll come back and haunt Carl. This won't be necessary...he preaches the Gospel every single time he gets the opportunity. Funerals are the best opportunity I can think of.

5 - Music or other special things and why.

Praise & worship, and my personal favorite, "Agnus Deo"

6 - What do you want said or thought of you?

I hope people think I was someone they enjoyed being around...someone of encouragement. I want them to talk about humorous things and celebratory things. My life will just be beginning and I want them to "party down" with me. Smiley

7 - What do you want done with your remains?

Buried, just as Christ was buried.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I just read this thread again, and it appears that nearly all Christians are in agreement. It is comforting to know that the death of a Christian means that person is absent from the body and present with the LORD. It is only sad for those who remain because they won't get to see their loved one on a regular basis. BUT, there is more good news for Christian family members: we will spend eternity together with JESUS.

Christian families experience many hard things in this short life, but Eternity will be all joy forever in JESUS. I was just thinking what a matter of peace it is to know that everyone in your family is saved. Physical death simply means a homecoming to JESUS for a Christian, and the body in the casket is likened to a temporary tent that was used in this short life. JESUS has prepared mansions for us in Heaven, and GOD will give us glorified bodies at HIS appointed time. Our LORD who loved us enough to die on the Cross for us is waiting for us. Precious in HIS sight is the physical death of a Christian because HE wants us home with HIM. Now I'm thinking about the race and the fight that the Apostle Paul spoke of. It is a joy to run a good race, finish our course, and fight a good fight. Think about how wonderful it would be to hear from GOD, "Well done good and faithful servant."

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 111:7-8 NASB  The works of His hands are truth and justice; All His precepts are sure.  They are upheld forever and ever; They are performed in truth and uprightness.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the