Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:13:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  NBC will blink over Madonna stunt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBC will blink over Madonna stunt  (Read 2691 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:47:24 AM »

NBC will blink over Madonna stunt 
Family group says singer-as-Jesus crucifixion performance to be canceled

NBC is going to blink in its standoff with Christians over its decision to broadcast a "Confessions Tour" crucifixion stunt performed by Madonna, according to an organization that has been campaigning against the program.

"NBC does not want a fight with AFA and the Christian community," American Family Association chairman Donald E. Wildmon said yesterday. "NBC may wiggle and wobble, but in the final analysis, they will not show that scene.

"We expect a public announcement from NBC canceling the scene within two weeks," he said.

A report in the New York Daily News said that a disagreement was developing between the performer and the network over the issue.

"The material girl may have a falling out with the Peacock network," the report said. "It seems that creative differences over a controversial crucifixion scene in Madonna's current tour could spell the end for NBC's long-planned special on her concert."

That special, which was filmed earlier this year in Wembley, England, was to have been aired in the U.S. on NBC in November, officials said earlier.

The scene features Madonna hanging on a cross wearing a fake crown of thorns, and the performer has said she considers it the highlight of her current tour. NBC Entertainment executive Kevin Reilly earlier confirmed the network reviewed it and "didn't see it as being inappropriate."

"However, his opinion changed quickly after NBC came under tremendous pressure from American Family Association and its supporters to cancel broadcasting of Madonna's blasphemous actions," AFA, a pro-family advocacy group with more than two million supporters, said.

The network told the Daily News that it was awaiting the special, and when it arrives, a "final decision" will be made.

Randy Sharp, who heads special projects for AFA, told WND the group is confident of the outcome of the dispute.

"Here's what we think is going to happen. NBC is going to say, 'We can't show it.'" Then, he said, Madonna with withdraw.

As WND reported earlier, Christians in Africa, the United Kingdom, Europe, Russia and Australia already have been offended by that part of her world-wide tour.

Just a few days ago, Wildmon had written NBC Chairman Robert Wright asking him to cancel the scheduled airing.

He noted Madonna in 1989 had a video that also mocked the crucifixion, for a song "Like A Prayer." That featured burning crosses, "statues crying blood and Madonna – representing Jesus – freeing a saint from his sexual repression by seducing him," Wildmon wrote.

The National Clergy Council also asked NBC not to broadcast what President Rev. Rob Schenck called an "obnoxious spectacle."

The group represents church leaders of Catholic, Evangelical, Orthodox and Protestant traditions.

"By sponsoring Madonna’s mockery of Christ, NBC will insult the majority of Americans and millions more around the globe," he said. "I must wonder if NBC would approve of Madonna’s mocking a major event in the life of Mohammed?”

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:05:49 AM »

" must wonder if NBC would approve of Madonna’s mocking a major event in the life of Mohammed?”

I bet she sure would NOT do that to Mohammed because she would surely be put on a HIT LIST ASAP!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

It's bad enough that Madonna makes money with filthy things, and now she wants to make money with blasphemy of JESUS CHRIST. Christians need to turn Madonna completely off and stop doing business with anyone who sells her garbage.

More Christians are joining the American Family Association by the day. They are doing excellent work, and this is a good way of being heard. Membership is free, and they regularly take action on the things that their Christian members are concerned with. The AFA is also an excellent source of Christian news.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:15-16 NASB  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 07:13:16 PM »

In my opinion Maddonna has absolutely no morals, sometimes I wonder if she ever had a conscience. It seems to me that she is on a mission to demoralize society, I don't know how anyone can even listen to or even stand to look at her, much less let their children do the same. Ever since she started singing some 20 or so years ago, I could see just what 'material' she really is. The sad truth is that she has a daughter who can't be taught any better by her example. She will have to answer to God for all her actions.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the