Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Rain!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rain!!!!!  (Read 3580 times)
Tolorah

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:20:54 AM »

I dont know where everyone comes from on here but im from Australia and at the moment we are very server draught....esp. where i live...ne privilage of having a pond, a pool, dams and irrigation for crops has gone....this summer we are heading into the tenth year and at stage 4 restrictions which means no personal pools to be filled, no sprinkles, and amongst other things no hoses at all...with all the water storages in the area below 10% or have dried up completely, the need for rain is rather urgent with summer temps that reach 40+ C (104+ F) nearly everyday the water that is left will be gone very soon...lifestock and crops are dying left right and centre and the farmers are going broke....

We ask for your prayers for this dry, barren ground that many of us called home. If your home is in the same condition please feel free to reply as well.

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »

Tolorah, please let me welcome you to CU.

I am praying for rain in your country. Is the drought isolated or is the entire country in a drought?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:37:33 AM »

Hi Tolorah,

Welcome to Christians Unite. We have members here that are from all around the world. We hope that you will join in on some wonderful Christian fellowship with us.

Yes I will be praying for your situation there with the drought.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:03:19 AM »

Thankyou for the welcomes and prayers mate... the drought is pretty much spread through out the whole country...http://www.bom.gov.au/announcements/media_releases/climate/drought/20020802.shtml this has some information on it....i think queensland has a bit more water than us but thats in the tropics ans its levels are still very low...not sure of the exact figures...around here the river looks like a stream and the dams look like a puddle and the lakes like dams if they havent dried up completely...
God Bless

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 09:21:28 AM »

Tolorah, I am very sorry about this, yes my prayers will continue as I am sure so will the prayers of many others. Please keep us updated.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 09:23:27 AM »

will do.. thanks again...our church is having a community event this wed night...a bbq and a prayer service for rain....hopefully many will attend and also it gets rained out lol then well go into the hall

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 09:29:02 AM »

It is nice to see a community pull together in prayer. It would be nice to see much more of that. A community in Lubbock, Texas did the same thing because of drought and when they finally recieved the rain they came to together in prayers of thanks.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 09:30:21 AM »

It is nice to see a community pull together in prayer. It would be nice to see much more of that. A community in Lubbock, Texas did the same thing because of drought and when they finally recieved the rain they came to together in prayers of thanks.

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I think many of you will be so happy with the rain you won't mind staying outdoors.  Wink

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 09:38:55 AM »

I pray that we get the opportunity to do that also!!

and yeah bring on the gettin drenched...itd be like the old aussie rules in summer!!!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 07:01:35 PM »

Hello Tolorah,

First, WELCOME!

We are very happy to have you with us, and we hope that you enjoy the forum. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Sister, I will definitely be praying that GOD sends rain. I live in Oklahoma, and we've had drought and fire conditions for years now. GOD did send us considerable rain over the last month and things are getting some better. A lot of our economy here is farming and raising cattle, so we've had a very hard time. Many of our farmers and ranchers went bankrupt, so I understand how hard a drought can be. This is a good reminder to always give thanks for everything GOD gives us in good times and bad. GOD loves to hear our prayers, and I pray that he will send the rain that our farmers and ranchers so desperately need.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 6:30-33 NASB  "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 03:26:50 AM »

Thankyou so much today the weather was really bad..at the moment we are in spring and today the weather was 30 C (86 F) and winds that were up to 63.1 kph (39.2) or more its crazy...
yeah many of the farmers in australia have or are facing the some problem of goin bankrupt...it doesnt help that our dollar is worth nothing and the asians are making everything for nothing so to buy australian made products to help support our country is becoming impossible because noone has the money..bit of a catch 22   Undecided
hopefully it breaks soon though
will keep you posted

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 08:10:48 AM »

Tolorah, these are some of the signs of the coming of the Lord. One day soon we will not any more cares or sorrows.

I am still praying for Au to get a good steady reviving rain and I mean that in more ways than one  Wink

In the mean time keep looking up

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 08:03:38 AM »

Tonight was the Prayer Service for repetance and rain. There were several hundred there so in a city of 14000 i guess thats not too bad...All the churches had someone represent them too so that was great, showing whole community involvement. There was a light sprinkle of rain last night...enough to make a couple of puddles on the road but thats about it...anyway hopefully more will come soon...
God Bless

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:47:01 AM »

A little rain is better than no rain. I do believe that was God saying that He hasn't forgotten you all.

Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »

true true....its predicted that we'll have rain tomoz (friday) sat and sun so we'll see how much comes....
Thank you all for your prayers

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the