Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  European Union
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Union  (Read 5280 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2003, 01:20:13 PM »

Let's try this again.  Sometimes I wonder if you act ignorant just to frustrate me.

I said: "C'mon Reba, I am a literalist like you claim to be.  But part of being a literalist is knowing when the author is not speaking literally.  The slain Lamb is not a baa-baa wooly lamb, is it.  It is the person of Jesus Christ.  And obviously, the beast is not just some lochness monster that came out, and made an image of itself and forced all to worship it.  It has to be a human."

This was in response to you saying, "Why is it OK for some folks to change or add to  the WORD? Why not read and see what is written? Why not say beast  when the scripture says beast?"

Then you responded with scripture from 1 John that had absolutely nothing to do with what I said.  You need to learn how to debate.  So, do you have an actual response to what I said?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Reba
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2003, 01:38:24 PM »

No doubt i could learn a lot about debating but you could learn a bit about just plane being nice and not rude.  

Why do you respond to my ignorant posts?
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2003, 01:46:14 PM »

No doubt i could learn a lot about debating but you could learn a bit about just plane being nice and not rude.  

Why do you respond to my ignorant posts?

You see!  Still, nothing about the thread.  Look, Reba, I enjoy debating with you.  You appear to be the only person on this forum that has opposing eschatological views than I (I hear Hitch does, but I haven't seen him in a while).  Anyways, my apology for being frustrated, but at least I told you I was frustrated and why, right?  Grin

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Reba
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2003, 02:29:56 PM »

Again i ask  'What scriptures tell us there is a antichrist king?'

Have you found such a scripture yet? You and i both know you cant.

I may not know how to debate but i have learned, when someone wont answer a stright forward question most often it is because they dont like the answer. I quote post often because some guys  'edit' them later. So MR 5020 i am learning.

Yes i think we have some opposing views. As i am a recovering dispy.  Tongue

The quote at the top ^ is on topic care to answer?

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2003, 02:43:43 PM »

I may not know how to debate but i have learned, when someone wont answer a stright forward question most often it is because they dont like the answer. I quote post often because some guys  'edit' them later. So MR 5020 i am learning.

I guess I have to quote myself.  As if I didn't answer this question already, but here we go:
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."  (1 John 2:18)

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."  (1 John 4:3)

"And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds."  (Revelation 16:10-11)

You'll remember that from reply #20, which is unedited.  So, I guess we're starting over.

WILL REBA CONTINOUSLY CHANGE THE SUBJECT LIKE LAST TIME...FIND OUT LATER....SAME TIME SAME CHANNEL

Mr. 5020
---------------
Reba
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2003, 02:59:12 PM »

I guess I have to quote myself.  As if I didn't answer this question already, but here we go:
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."  (1 John 2:18)

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."  (1 John 4:3)

"And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds."  (Revelation 16:10-11)

You'll remember that from reply #20, which is unedited.  So, I guess we're starting over.

WILL REBA CONTINOUSLY CHANGE THE SUBJECT LIKE LAST TIME...FIND OUT LATER....SAME TIME SAME CHANNEL

Show me the antichrist 'king' from SCRIPTURE. Does Rev 16 say antichrist? a simple yes or no ?

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2003, 03:21:05 PM »

Yes...using symbolic language.  If it is not the antichrist, what is it, Reba?  I honestly can't wait to hear this.

Mr. 5020
---------------
Reba
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2003, 04:07:38 PM »

Rev 16:10
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
KJV

I know you think i am ignorant but i am honest. I will answer you stright up something you  still dont have the 'guts ' to do.

Sitting here just looking at Rev 16:10 i would say it is/was the beast.

Now it is your turn. Go ahead rewrite the scripture surly you know more then John or GOD? God's inspired words need your correction?

I think Mr.5020 you might think i am looking deeper into this than i am. I am simple. ( stop lol  Grin ) All i have asked is for a simple direct reading of the  word of  GOD.  Your are a young man build all your theologies on what the scriptures says not how man has twisted and turned it for years, and they will mature with you. Dont waist years learning mans plan for GOD learn HIS plan for you.

You should not be rude to your elders i have a grandchild about your age. Try using your superior intellect not your kid mouth.

The scriptures say what they say and Rev 16 does not say antichrist. Scripture does not hold to a SINGLE person to be and antichrist king or what ever. ( note i did not say an individual can not be antichrist)  When we get this antichrist thing settled,  we can discuss   the phrase  when used in this fashion "The Great Tribulation" is not scriptural.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 03:49:14 AM »

I already know you are with hitch in being amilenialist and all (which is just plain silly) but do tell.  If the beast was, what was it?  If it hasn't been what is the beast?

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 10:09:08 AM »

Now somebody else asks the question you've been avoiding.  I'll wait for you to answer Saved before I reply to your "I'm older than you thus I'm wiser" post.

Mr. 5020
---------------
Reba
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

Saved ,you have not answered my  simple questions.  A bit of shocking news  Saved  are you ready  i am not amillenialist.

(added a bit later) Sorry this answer was not complete when i first responed Saved,  We all use labels so the best fit into a label, for me, would be postmill.

mr5020,

You twist my words and are a rude kid. I have tried to be light hearted  towards you. No where did i  imply i was wiser than you, just older. I guess i should have  ‘reported’ you when you  first wrote “ shut up”.

You have both jumped  at me  but you will not answer to the words of the scripture. The small personal attacks  are just silly attempts at diversion. You guys posted , way back, i asked a couple questions when they are answered  to my satisfaction i will respond  to  your beast question Saved.

Mr. 5020 I hope this is the last of your rudeness no more smiles from me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 01:25:31 PM by Reba » Logged
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2003, 11:55:18 AM »

Saved ,you have not answered my  simple questions.  A bit of shocking news  Saved  are you ready  i am not amillenialist.

mr5020,

You twist my words and are a rude kid. I have tried to be light hearted  towards you. No where did i  imply i was wiser than you, just older. I guess i should have  ‘reported’ you when you  first wrote “ shut up”.

You have both jumped  at me  but you will not answer to the words of the scripture. The small personal attacks  are just silly attempts at diversion. You guys posted , way back, i asked a couple questions when they are answered  to my satisfaction i will respond  to  your beast question Saved.

It really doesn't matter to me whether or not you post smilies.  All I've asked you to do is answer a question (the same quested Saved asked you).  Either you don't have an answer, or you're just pointlessly avoiding it.  Which is it?  

The only question I know you've asked me is "Show me verses that say there is an antichrist king?"  I posted 3 verses, which you said one of which was not referring to the antichrist.  Since then, 2 people have asked you (15 posts ago), and all you have done is posted about how we "attacked" you.  BTW, there is a difference between being rude and being straightfoward.  The only rudeness I've shown was in my "shut up" post, but that was only because I could see I had a "let me play ignorant" person going against me, and I was desperately trying to get you to make a point.  I still am.  

We are eagerly awaiting your answer to the question:  If the beast is not the antichrist, what is it?

And just for you ---> Smiley

Mr. 5020
---------------
Reba
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2003, 05:21:51 PM »

mr5020,

It really doesn't matter to me whether or not you post smilies.  All I've asked you to do is answer a question (the same quested Saved asked you).  Either you don't have an answer, or you're just pointlessly avoiding it.  Which is it?  

The only question I know you've asked me is "Show me verses that say there is an antichrist king?"  I posted 3 verses, which you said one of which was not referring to the antichrist.  Since then, 2 people have asked you (15 posts ago), and all you have done is posted about how we "attacked" you.  BTW, there is a difference between being rude and being straightfoward.  The only rudeness I've shown was in my "shut up" post, but that was only because I could see I had a "let me play ignorant" person going against me, and I was desperately trying to get you to make a point.  I still am.  

We are eagerly awaiting your answer to the question:  If the beast is not the antichrist, what is it?

And just for you ---> Smiley

You do the same to me as you do to scripture so i am in good company. You  might try reading what is written. Mrs Clinton will be running for office. Bet a job as a spin doctor might be a perfect job for you.
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2003, 11:25:39 AM »

17 posts...still waiting

Mr. 5020
---------------
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2003, 10:50:35 PM »

I'm really serious reba, who or what is the beast.  If it was, what was it?  If it wasn't what will it be?

You've gotten your answer you just don't seem to like it.  Your answer to this question is rather vital though.  Please do respond, else there is no point in continuing.  You seemed to be buddies with hitch so I assumed.  Sorry 'bout that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the