Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Attempted suicide, then salvation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attempted suicide, then salvation  (Read 5369 times)
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2003, 01:46:22 AM »

I won't go into all the emotional problems I had growing up that eventually brought me to the point of trying to kill myself. I will jsut say that at the age of 22 I tried to kill myself, and spent 3 days in the hospital where the doctors thought I would die. But God did not let me die. During those 3 days, my best friend in life, my Mom, spent 3 days on her knees praying for me. (learned this later).
After not dying, I called out to God, "oh God, please help me."
Within one week, my cousin, who had become a Christian some time before, said to me, "Roy, you need a Bible." And then she gave me $10.00. No preaching, just said that and gave me the money.
I was so impressed that I went and bought a Bible. Then I went hiking around for several weeks. When I got back, I began to read the Bible. All by myself, alone in my room. (my room-mate worked nights).
The Bible I got said in the front that if you feel this way, read this, etc. So I ended up starting at Job. Good thing God was touching me, or I may not have continued to the Gospels.
But He was, and so Matthew came next.
As I read, I was amazed at this man named Jesus. At the miracles He did. Though I really knew nothing about the Bible, I somehow knew what the Bible said was true.
I finally saw my need for salvation, and that Jesus died to provide that for me. And so, of course, I asked Him to be my Lord and Savior. All this from Him. I had no one to tell me anything about it. It was just the Holy Spirit revealing it to me as I read His Word.
That night I prayed for the first time ever. (not counting the year or so we went to a catholic church, when I was 7,  where everything was in Latin, and I never understood anything). It was such a joy to know that God loved me, and that I could talk to Him.
From that day, more than 25 years ago, until today, I have never stopped hungering after the truth from God, and He has never stopped feeding me.
This is a very shortened version, but I praise His holy name for saving my life, and then saving my soul.
Thank you Father. I love you with all my being.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 05:31:17 PM »

That's a wonderful testimony, Roy.  Thank you.  

I'm thankful for your mother, and her prayers for you.  And for your just simple, matter-of-fact coming to know Jesus.

Thanks... Smiley
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 12:56:07 PM »

Wow-that is incredible. Thank you for sharing yours story with us.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 07:09:36 AM »

YES! Thanks for sharing.

I LOve You Brother

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 02:48:23 PM »

I won't go into all the emotional problems I had growing up that eventually brought me to the point of trying to kill myself. I will jsut say that at the age of 22 I tried to kill myself, and spent 3 days in the hospital where the doctors thought I would die. But God did not let me die. During those 3 days, my best friend in life, my Mom, spent 3 days on her knees praying for me. (learned this later).
After not dying, I called out to God, "oh God, please help me."
Within one week, my cousin, who had become a Christian some time before, said to me, "Roy, you need a Bible." And then she gave me $10.00. No preaching, just said that and gave me the money.
I was so impressed that I went and bought a Bible. Then I went hiking around for several weeks. When I got back, I began to read the Bible. All by myself, alone in my room. (my room-mate worked nights).
The Bible I got said in the front that if you feel this way, read this, etc. So I ended up starting at Job. Good thing God was touching me, or I may not have continued to the Gospels.
But He was, and so Matthew came next.
As I read, I was amazed at this man named Jesus. At the miracles He did. Though I really knew nothing about the Bible, I somehow knew what the Bible said was true.
I finally saw my need for salvation, and that Jesus died to provide that for me. And so, of course, I asked Him to be my Lord and Savior. All this from Him. I had no one to tell me anything about it. It was just the Holy Spirit revealing it to me as I read His Word.
That night I prayed for the first time ever. (not counting the year or so we went to a catholic church, when I was 7,  where everything was in Latin, and I never understood anything). It was such a joy to know that God loved me, and that I could talk to Him.
From that day, more than 25 years ago, until today, I have never stopped hungering after the truth from God, and He has never stopped feeding me.
This is a very shortened version, but I praise His holy name for saving my life, and then saving my soul.
Thank you Father. I love you with all my being.

PTL, Amen Bro and thanks for posting.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Alfie

Jesus is Our Bridge Over Troubled Waters

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 03:02:28 AM »

God bless and keep you, Brother Royo.

Agage,

Alfie

God Bless the Beasts and the Children  
for they are truly the Innocents, and
         the Sweetest of Spirits.
Hunibuni

I am searching for Truth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 03:48:41 PM »

I to attempted suicide, but I was in college first semester and spinning out of control. I had a so call friend tell me that if I wanted to die that I needed to stop walking around so the medicine could work. I stupidly laid down and began to hyper-ventilate. The dorm asst. and the campus police were called in by my suite mates. They called my parents and while lying in my dorm asst arms I heard my mother scream LORD JESUS, that hurt me more than anything. I told God at that time I didn't want to die, and He said "You won't, everything is going to be alright", even though I have been through some very rough and scary times in my life suicide was no longer an option. At the age of 34 I now know the reasoning behind all of the trials that I had to face. At the age of 26 The Lord called me to Preach. Go figure, I never knew how people ended up preaching. I thank God for your testimony. I too can relate.
KiwiChristian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 11:30:51 PM »

Wow what an awesome testimony my friend.
It just goes to show that Jesus does go looking for his lost sheep doesn't he and that everyone of them is important to him.

DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 03:28:16 PM »

That is such an amazing and inspiring testimony Royo!!!

God bless Smiley

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 08:34:15 AM »

That is such an amazing and inspiring testimony Royo!!!

God bless Smiley

Yes it is Amen, thanks Royo

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the