Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:30:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I never thought that I would become a christian
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I never thought that I would become a christian  (Read 3403 times)
Terrapin Hill

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2006, 02:37:17 AM »

Hi everybody,
As the subject line says, I never imagined in my younger days (I'm 47 now) that I would ever call myself a child of God. I grew up in a fairly stable home, but, seldom heard mention of God or His word. As a teen and young adult I, at first, disbelieved completely. I spent more than a couple nights in those days lying awake fearing either a lonely permanent death or that maybe there was a God and that I was headed for eternal misery.
In my 20's, I met a christian friend and he told me a little about God and His loving nature. I also started to realize that man really doesn't have any wisdom of his own. A couple times in my 20's and 30's, when I felt truly desperate, I even did a little praying. On both occassions my prayers were answered and both times I accepted God's grace without so much as a thank you.
One night, almost five years ago, I was having trouble getting to sleep. Not because I wasn't tired. I was exhausted. I was a man who dwelled on his problems. No trouble was too small. I was always cursing some situation or imagining one that hadn't even occurred. On this particular night there was a dog barking. It seemed like it hadn't stopped barking for long enough to draw breath in hours! It was past 3 o'clock. I couldn't stand it any more. So I layed there and prayed to God for that dog to stop barking. A voice that seemed quite audible said, "If you mean it this time, get on your knees and pray."
For a moment I hesitated and then I thought that if I ignored this chance there might not be another. So, I got on my knees next to my bed and prayed like never before or since. I prayed to Jesus that I knew He is the son of God and that He died for me on the cross and rose from the grave. I told Him that I knew I couldn't save myself and asked Him to help me. Shortly the feeling came over me that my heart was clear. I got back in bed and in total silence quickly went to sleep.
Two or three days later, on Thanksgiving of 2001 I was baptised. From then until now there have been trials and worries, but, I sleep real well. May God bless everyone who reads this with the peace of mind that I have,  Bill
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:19:25 AM »

I accepted God's grace without so much as a thank you.

I believe I welcomed you in your first thread Bill, but welcome again Cheesy

Than you for sharing your testimony, you know Bill almost all of us at one time or another probably more times than we care to admit or even realize a guilty of accepting God's grace and not even thanking Him.
We owe God everything, and I do mean everything, every breath we take, each beat of our hearts, every little sound we hear, everything.... withoiut Him we would be nothing. Thank you for reminding me of that today,  we should always count our blessing one by one at least once a week we would be so busy remembering all of them and naming them and thanking God for them that before we even get half way thru God would be pouring more blessings upon us.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »

Hello Bill,

Just wanted to say that I loved your testimony... what a blessing.. God Bless you Brother!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »

Amen Brother Bill,

I love to hear about what God does in a person's life. I'm very happy that you accepted JESUS CHRIST, and your NEW LIFE has already begun. God didn't promise us an easy journey in this short life, but our real life and eternity is in Heaven with JESUS. This short life is also much better with JESUS every step of the way.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-32 NASB  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

Josprel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »

A glorious testimony,

Josprel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the