Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:45:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Treason or Sedition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Treason or Sedition  (Read 2291 times)
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »

There is no reason President Bush couldn't have asked Congress for a declaration of war after 9/11 and he would have gotten it, but instead he chose to intentionally violate the Constitution he swore to uphold and the separation of powers that makes our government work
You seem to forget that President Bush got approval from Congress to do military action both in Afghanistan as well as Iraq.  It was not a congressional declaration of war but it was a military action authorized by Congress. 

And LEGALLY how can they be a traitor if Congress hasn't declared anyone to be the "legal enemy"?
And Congress has had no problem with it up until the Court has decided to stick it's nose in and attempt to jar things up.  Quite often The Supreme Court has interfered in matters that are not up to them.  They are to enforce the laws not make them. 

And PR had it right on the money.  Put the politics aside and get the job done.  It does not matter right now, when it happened we were in agreement with it.  Get it done, do it right, and be proud of a job well done.  Then when you get the troops back and things are getting back to a normal level you discuss what you did right and wrong.  And not air it for the world. 

And Amen to the comment of the media being a big player in the political gambits nowdays.  And it is so very sad that it has ever gotten that far.  I am all for a free media but to quote a great writer "With great power comes great responsibility" and the media has such great power and ignores it's responsibility.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »

Pastor Roger and others, I want to thank you for dealing with Rhys. I have debated with people over these issues for almost THREE YEARs, and frankly, I'm quite tired of it.

Rhys, as Pastor Roger pointed out, protecting the constitution of the United States is protecting the PEOPLE of the United States.

And quite frankly, I would not mind if some of these politicians were arrested for the traitorous remarks they make. Again, maybe they have not inherently broken any laws, but they have done NOTHING but undermine this administration, and our men and women in uniform from DAY ONE of this war on terror.

They care ONLY for their political gain, and it makes me SICK!

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 05:20:47 PM »

Pastor Roger and others, I want to thank you for dealing with Rhys. I have debated with people over these issues for almost THREE YEARs, and frankly, I'm quite tired of it.

lol  I have been fighting this kind of thoughts since 1968. I had to put up with it all through Viet Nam. It does get tiresome to see people that can't understand and see the big picture, that don't understand the harm that they are causing. It is refreshing to me to see a young man as yourself that shows wisdom in this area. It gives me hope for the future our nation.

And quite frankly, I would not mind if some of these politicians were arrested for the traitorous remarks they make. Again, maybe they have not inherently broken any laws, but they have done NOTHING but undermine this administration, and our men and women in uniform from DAY ONE of this war on terror.

They care ONLY for their political gain, and it makes me SICK!

They have broken laws. Whether we are in war or not it is against the law to release classified information such as the New York times was involved in. It is against the law to support the enemy (and congress has recognized who the enemy is), to give the enemy encouragement to continue in their endeavor to take over and destroy this nation.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:32:49 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
LittlePilgrim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 10:03:22 PM »

Heh... I'm glad my views give you hope, Pastor Roger, but unfortunately, I fear I am the exception to the rule. The majority of those my age are liberal and stupid. X.X

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »

The majority of those my age are liberal and stupid.

You are not alone LP. There is at least one more. My 19 yr old son says the same thing you just did.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
LittlePilgrim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 10:58:14 PM »

Heh... Well, it's gratifying to know you have such an intelligent son, Pastor Roger. I know we're not alone, but statistically speaking the ratio of smart people to idiots is something like 20:80

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 11:05:17 PM »

Heh... Well, it's gratifying to know you have such an intelligent son, Pastor Roger. I know we're not alone, but statistically speaking the ratio of smart people to idiots is something like 20:80

A lot of that has to do with the indoctrination that is being given through the schools and media both of which I was sure to take care of with all three of my children.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 01:30:58 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that the majority of those that yell the loudest about the President supposedly breaking the law ( Constitution )  are those that also support illegal immigration the strongest.

LittlePilgrim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 07:40:07 PM »

Maybe that's because many of them ARE illegals?  Huh

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 01:21:51 AM »

You are not alone LP. There is at least one more. My 19 yr old son says the same thing you just did.

My own son, also echo's your comments LP,PR. 

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the