Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Global Warming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 68255 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’
Photo of Noel Sheppard.
By Noel Sheppard | November 7, 2007 - 17:58 ET

If the founder of The Weather Channel spoke out strongly against the man made global warming myth, might media members notice?

We're going to find out the answer to that question soon, for John Coleman wrote an article published at ICECAP Wednesday that should certainly garner attention from press members -- assuming journalism hasn't been completely replaced by propagandist activism, that is.

Coleman marvelously began,

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmental conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minutes documentary segment.

[...]

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious.

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 12:49:01 AM »

We have been saying here at C.U. "Stop Global Warming Whining." It is just a theory, and now proof is out there if anyone looks.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »

Founder of Weather Channel disses 'global warming'

A prominent meteorologist with more than 54 years of experience is calling global warming an "outrageous scam" and a "manufactured crisis."

John Coleman has been a television meteorologist since 1953. His credentials include being the first weather forecaster for the television show Good Morning America, and founder of the cable-based network The Weather Channel. Currently, Coleman forecasts the weather for the San Diego television station KUSI.

About six to seven years ago, Coleman says he began to hear about supposed "global warming" and decided to research the subject deeper and to investigate it from a scientific stance in order educate his viewers.

"I'm not talking about reading media accounts. I'm talking about getting down to the basic research papers," he explains. "And the more I read them, the more doubt I had -- and eventually the whole case just collapsed, when you really study the documents. And it became very clear that it was a manufactured crisis."

According to Coleman, the science that supports arguments favoring global warming "has been manipulated" and much of the data has been "manufactured," resulting in what he calls "bad science" that, unfortunately, passed peer review. He argues that the research passed that review only because of an underlying agenda held by scientists. He claims they wish to strike fear of environmental catastrophe if people do not hold to their radical ideas.

In a blog posted on KUSI.com, Coleman dispels that fear by stating that the earth is not in peril. He states that natural cycles in weather are more responsible for any climate change, and that over the next two decades there is an equal chance for a cooling trend as there is for a warming trend. He also believes that once the dire predictions of global-warming scientists fail to pass, people will realize they have been "duped."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 04:04:13 PM »

Yet the Weather Channel currently is the biggest proponent of global warming.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 10:34:52 PM »

Have you seen all the places where they keep these weather monitors that they used to determine
that the Earth was/is warming up?

Next to burn barrels, Buildings, on ASPHALT, car, ect....
Not to say, that we're not warming up though...
OUGH BOY!!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 10:48:58 PM »

It has been proven that they made a mistake in their calculations at NASA, which is the figures used to support global warming. When the error was corrected it in fact proved that the earth has been cooling not warming.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 05:35:16 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This is really just a con game being played for over 6 billion taxpayer dollars, and it's working.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 08:18:38 PM »

The U.N. jumps on the false global warming band wagon. All the better to control the world in a one world communistic state.

U.N.: Climate change scarier than science fiction movie 
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon: Even more terrifying, because 'real'

Proof of humans' impact on warming the earth's atmosphere is unequivocal, and the world faces a moral obligation to fight climate change, according to the final report by the United Nations' leading climate council.

The worst-case scenario envisaged by the report was as terrifying as created in doomsday films, said UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

"These scenes are as frightening as a science fiction movie," he said. "But they are even more terrifying, because they are real."

The 23-page document by the UN-backed panel of scientists, issued Saturday, Nov. 17, contained the strongest warnings yet on climate change and "answered many of our questions on climate change," the secretary general said.

New ethic required

IPCC Chairman Rajendra Pachauri pointed out several findings, including the threat rising sea levels posed to small island nations and hundreds of millions of people living in low-lying deltas as well as more infectious diseases and the destruction of coral reefs.

"We need a new ethic by which every human being realizes the importance of the challenge we are facing and starts to take action through changes in lifestyle and attitude," he said. "Every country in the world has to be committed to a shared vision and a set of common goals and actions that will help us move toward a much lower level of emissions."

Ban added that the international community would now have to "transform" its way of doing things in order to save the "treasure of our planet."

The final report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is essentially a summary of three reports compiled by more than 2,000 scientists and issued by the IPCC earlier this year.

EU Environment Commissioner Stavros Dimas said the report was "a milestone in our scientific knowledge about climate change and the grave threats global warming poses to the planet."

"The report's findings amount to a stark warning that the world must act fast to slash greenhouse gas emissions if we are to prevent climate change from reaching devastating levels," he said in a statement. "The good news is that it also shows that deep emission cuts are both technologically feasible and economically affordable."

Basis for Bali conference

Governments haggled for five days over the wording of this final IPCC document, which environmentalists say will serve as a manual on how to tackle global warming and set the tone for a crucial UN climate conference in Bali, Indonesia next month.

"We cannot afford to leave Bali without such a breakthrough," Ban said, referring to a conference running on the Indonesian island from Dec. 3-14, tasked with setting a strategy for deepening cuts in greenhouse-gas emissions.

Government representatives at the Bali conference are expected to negotiate a successor agreement to the Kyoto Protocol, which requires industrialized countries to make targeted commitments on curbing their greenhouse gases and expires in 2012.

The new IPCC report makes clear that global warming is a man-made phenomenon and is already taking place. It warns of catastrophic and unavoidable consequences if the atmosphere warms by more than 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees F). Global temperatures have already risen about 0.7 degrees Celsius over the last 100 years.

Global warming can only be slowed

To prevent that, the level of carbon dioxide in the world's atmosphere must start dropping by 2020. By 2050, global emissions must be 50 percent to 65 percent below 2000 levels. The IPCC has already said global warming cannot be stopped, only slowed.

Melting glaciers and loss of snow in Alpine regions as well as thinning Arctic summer sea ice and thawing permafrost shows that climate change is already on the march, the IPCC report said.

Some of the newer elements of the report include one combined graphic that at a glance lays out specifically what levels of greenhouse gases lead to what rises in temperatures -- and what consequences each temperature rise could have on society.

Environmental groups pleased

Representatives from environmental protection groups appeared pleased with the study's results.

"The strong message of the IPCC can't be watered down -- the science is crystal clear," said Hans Verolme, director of environmental group WWF's Global Climate Change Program. "The hard fact is we have caused climate change, and it's also clear that we hold the solution to stop global warming in our hands,"

The IPCC was last month awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, along with former US Vice President Al Gore, for raising awareness of the threat of climate change.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 10:00:47 PM »

The U.N. jumps on the false global warming band wagon. All the better to control the world in a one world communistic state.

You and I know there's hidden agenda everywhere.  Everyone on secular earth hasn't all of a sudden gone stupid.  When it comes out that the math was wrong, etc, etc and they all know it, then it is gain for them in some sense.  Satan is working over time and anyone that doesn't believe it just needs to take a look around.  Even my unsaved friends believe we are living in the End Times.  I sure hope they wise up soon and decide they want Heaven over hell.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »

Everyone on secular earth hasn't all of a sudden gone stupid.

Really?   Wink Cheesy  Seriously, there are many in the secular world that are seeing through all of this and calling it garbage.

Even my unsaved friends believe we are living in the End Times.  I sure hope they wise up soon and decide they want Heaven over hell.

Amen!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2007, 10:10:19 PM »

'Global warming' shocker – Who's minding thermometers?
Surface temperature recording stations a shambles, says veteran meteorologist

Dire "global warming" predictions are based on bad science from the very start, says a veteran meteorologist who found surface temperatures recorded throughout the U.S. are done so with almost no regard to scientific standards.

As a result of his shocking initial findings that temperature monitoring stations were constructed and placed without regard to achieving accurate recordings of natural temperatures, Anthony Watts set out to investigate the facilities used by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

What he found were temperature stations with sensors on the roofs of buildings, near air-conditioning exhaust vents, in parking lots near hot automobiles, barbecues, chimneys and on pavement and concrete surfaces – all of which would lead to higher temperature recordings than properly established conditions.

To qualify as a properly maintained temperature station, sensors must be placed in elevated, slatted boxes on flat ground surrounded by a clear surface on a slope of less than 19 degrees with surrounding grass and vegetations ground cover of less than 10 centimeters high. The sensors must be located at least 100 meters from artificial heating or reflecting surfaces, such as buildings, concrete surfaces and parking lots.

Watts' concerns about the temperatures being used to gauge whether global warming is actually taking place began when he read a 1997 study by the U.S. National Research Council that concluded the consistency and quality of temperature stations was "inadequate and deteriorating." Meanwhile, he learned, the U.S. Historical Climatological Network, responsible for maintaining the stations, was doing nothing to address the problems.

So Watts decided to take up the challenge himself. After surveying a few randomly chosen temperature stations and being shocked at the shortcomings, he set forth on a plan to survey all 1,221 stations, taking photographs along the way. With the help of volunteers, Watts has systematically surveyed one-third of the official weather stations.

The vast majority of the stations surveyed to date fail to meet the prescribed standards. Using a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 reflecting proper maintenance and standards and 5 representing facilities that are severely compromised, Watts says 70 percent of those stations surveyed received a 4 or 5 rating, while only 4 percent received a grade of 1.

All of the most egregious violations he has observed in the study would result in artificially higher temperatures being recorded.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 09:44:46 PM »

Global Cooling: World Temps Falling, Lowest Since 1983

The scare over global warming, and our politicians' response to it, is becoming ever more bizarre. On the one hand we have the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change coming up with yet another of its notoriously politicised reports, hyping up the scare by claiming that world surface temperatures have been higher in 11 of the past 12 years (1995-2006) than ever previously recorded.

This carefully ignores the latest US satellite figures showing temperatures having fallen since 1998, declining in 2007 to a 1983 level - not to mention the newly revised figures for US surface temperatures showing that the 1930s had four of the 10 warmest years of the past century, with the hottest year of all being not 1998, as was previously claimed, but 1934.

On the other hand, we had Gordon Brown last week, in his "first major speech on climate change", airily committing his own and future governments to achieving a 60 per cent reduction in carbon emissions by 2050 - which is rather like prime minister Salisbury at the end of Queen Victoria's reign trying to commit Winston Churchill's government to achieving some wholly impossible goal in the middle of the Second World War.

Mr Brown's only concrete proposal for reaching this absurd target seems to be his plan to ban plastic bags, whatever they have to do with global warming (while his government also plans a near-doubling of flights out of Heathrow).

But of course he is no longer his own master in such fantasy exercises. Few people have yet really taken on board the mind-blowing scale of all the "planet-saving" measures to which we are now committed by the European Union.

By 2020 we will have to generate 20 per cent of our electricity from "renewables". At present the figure is four per cent (most of it generated by hydro-electric schemes and methane gas from landfill).

As Whitehall officials privately briefed ministers in August, there is no way Britain can begin to meet such a fanciful target (even if the Government manages to ram through another 30,000 largely useless wind turbines).

Another EU directive commits us to deriving 10 per cent of our transport fuel from "biofuels" by 2020. This would take up pretty well all the farmland we currently use to grow food (at a time when world grain prices have doubled in six months and we are already face a global food shortage).

Then by 2009, thanks to a mad gesture by Mr Blair and his EU colleagues last March, we also face the prospect of a total ban on incandescent light bulbs.

This compulsory switch to low-energy bulbs, apart from condemning us to live in uglier homes under eye-straining light, is in practice completely out of the question, because, according to our Government's own figures, more than half Britain's domestic light fittings cannot take them.

This year will be remembered for two things.

First, it was the year when the scientific data showed that the cosmic scare over global warming may well turn out to be just that - yet another vastly inflated scare.

Second, it was the year when the hysteria generated by all the bogus science behind this scare finally drove those who rule over us, including Gordon "Plastic Bags" Brown, wholly out of their wits.

Billions of MoD spending is off target

The great row over under-funding of our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, led in the Lords by five former Chiefs of the Defence Staff, has so far missed a hugely important part of the story, although it was hinted at by General Sir Mike Jackson when he was interviewed on the Today programme.
# Army funding shortage 'is insult to troops'
# Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool
# Army crisis as number of troops leaving

Alas, John Humphrys failed to pick up the significance of Jackson's observation that "we may not have enough to do the things which we do now and the things which we may have to do in the future".

The problem with our defence spending in recent years is not that the Ministry of Defence has been starved of cash. On the contrary, it has been earmarking colossal sums for projects designed to equip us to fight imaginary wars in the future, as part of the European Rapid Reaction Force to which Tony Blair and Geoff Hoon committed us around 2000: £20 billion on the Navy's two giant carriers (with planes and infrastructure); £16 billion on FRES, a new family of vehicles for the Army; not to mention the £20 billion already committed to Eurofighters for the RAF.

It was the diversion of resources into planning for that imaginary future that took the eyes of the MoD and the then-Chief of the Defence Staff off the need to equip our forces adequately for the totally different type of insurgency war they have actually been having to fight.

The MoD is belatedly trying to make amends for this disastrous blunder, for instance equipping our troops with properly mine-protected Mastiffs, instead of the unprotected Snatch Land Rovers that have caused so many deaths. It may also help that enthusiasm for the EU's fantasy armed forces of the future has been on the wane.

But no one at the time shared that enthusiasm more obviously (or was happier to send those hopelessly inadequate Land Rovers to Iraq) than the officer who was then Chief of the Defence Staff, General Sir Mike Jackson.

Schools minister neglects homework

Desmond Swayne, MP for New Forest West, tells me of a fearful problem affecting Hampshire schools, which have been told by the county education officer, Ian Beacham, that under new rules teachers must no longer drive pupils in mini-buses unless they have a full "passenger vehicle licence" - "a huge and expensive undertaking which entitles them to drive a coach or bus".
# 'Independent schools monopolise Oxbridge'
# Call to limit middle classes in schools
# Parents spend half of income on school fees

Threatening many extra-curricular activities, such as away sporting fixtures, this is causing such grief that Mr Swayne has asked in Parliament whether it is right that teachers should be forbidden to drive children in this way.

Schools minister Jim Knight didn't know the answer but said he would look into it. Harriet Harman, Leader of the House, suggested that Mr Swayne should move for a debate on the issue.

Had those ministers or Hampshire's education officer learned to use Google, they might have found in seconds that this is all a fuss about nothing. The two relevant EU directives on driving licences, 91/439 and 2003/59, make clear that teachers are exempted from the licensing requirements, as does a leaflet available at the click of a mouse on the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency website.

But does it not say something about the way we now allow our laws to be made in Brussels that neither ministers nor a council official responsible for enforcing them appear to know what those laws say?

• On October 19, 1999 I reported here a remarkable "personal message" sent out to Britain's small businesses over the signature of Nick Montagu, then head of the Inland Revenue Board. He told them how "exciting and important" it was for him and his staff to be "at the forefront of implementing the new Labour Government's policy agenda".

How apt, in light of the mega-grief they are currently causing the Government, that eight years later our incompetent tax-gatherers appear to be playing such a significant part in New Labour's impending downfall.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 11:37:22 PM »

Snowfall in Europe

After suffering a delayed and, in some cases, virtually snow less season in 2006-07, European resorts are enjoying record November snowfalls. For once skiers heading for the slopes will find more snow in Europe than in North America.

Switzerland and Austria have had the best of the early snow, with even low-lying resorts, that had previously been drawing up plans for ‘winter hiking’ now able to use their chairlifts.

France is expecting significant snowfalls this weekend, as are parts of Germany; some Italian resorts are already open and Sweden and Norway are also hoping to join the party. Zurich has had its heaviest snow fall since 1955 and in Verbier the town is reporting 40cm (16 inches) of snow, whilst up on the slopes there are reports of 60cm (approx 24 inches).

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »

Global warming skeptic rankles fellow scientists 
Best-selling Danish professor says climate change not imminent threat

As world leaders scramble to address global warming, sceptical environmentalist Bjoern Lomborg finds himself increasingly alone in his claim that climate change poses no imminent threat to the planet.

Lomborg, author of the best-selling book "The Sceptical Environmentalist: Measuring the Real State of the World," acknowledges that the climate is warming but insists greenhouse gases "are not the priority over all priorities."

The 42-year-old Dane, who once headed Denmark's Environmental Assessment Institute, has for years been speaking out against the increasingly mainstream concern that global warming is causing sea levels to rise and changing weather patterns in a way that will soon wreak havoc on world ecosystems and all of humankind.

"There are other global challenges to address this century like the battle against AIDS, malaria, malnutrition and poverty," he told AFP.

Lomborg's "Sceptical Environmentalist," which appeared in Danish in 1998 and in English three years later, blasts the growing "hysteria" around climate change and has drawn the ire of virtually the entire scientific community.

"The polar bear, which is close to extinction, has become an icon in the warming debate, when it would be enough to simply stop hunting hundreds (of the animals) each year," said Lomborg, who currently works as an assistant applied statistics professor at the Copenhagen Business School.

He acknowledges that reducing greenhouse gas emissions could prevent damages of 4,820 billion dollars by the end of the century. However, he insists the measures to do so would cost anywhere between 4,575 and 37,632 billion dollars during the same period.

Lomborg figured on Time Magazine's list of the world's most influential people in 2004 and was ranked as the world's 14th most influential academic by the respected US magazine Foreign Policy and the British monthly Prospect a year later.

In his latest book, "Cool It," published this year, the Dane violently attacks the Kyoto Protocol on climate change for being "too expensive and inefficient" and calls on world leaders to "keep their cool" and to avoid "a state of panic that will prevent them from making rational decisions."

Lomborg's claims fly in the face of the UN-sponsored climate change conference on the Indonesian island of Bali, where more than 180 nations will attempt this month to lay the groundwork for a new emissions-reducing pact to replace the Kyoto Protocol when it expires at the end of 2012.

"I don't refute global warming. It is real but has been exaggerated by many. We must stop this climate obsession and address other more urgent problems," he said.

"Reducing CO2 emissions will not make the world a better place to live," he said, insisting that "even if we do achieve the fixed (emission reduction) objectives, we will only slow global warming by two years by the end of the century."

"That's very little for a lot of money," Lomborg said, calling instead for "research into alternative and cheap technologies and energy development to reduce the dependence on fossil fuel pollutants."

"One could also get a lot more for one's money by investing in the fight against AIDS, malaria and famine," he said, insisting that "for every person saved from malaria by hitting the brakes on global warming you could save 36,000 through third world health policies."

Few environmental warriors make the blond-haired Dane fly off the handle like former US vice president Al Gore, who won this year's Nobel Peace Prize with the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

"It is ironic that the prize is being given to someone who spent a good portion of his career considerably exaggerating the conclusions of United Nations' experts" on global warming, he said.

Lomborg also slams Gore's "excesses" in his celebrated film "An Inconvenient Truth," including his claims that sea levels could rise six metres (20 feet) if nothing is done to cool the planet.

"The UN panel talks of 30 centimetres (one foot)," he said.

Lomborg is worshipped as a hero by some, but has become increasingly vilified on the international stage.

Environmental writers and activists in Oxford, England, have for instance created an anti-Lomborg website aimed at exposing what they say are flaws in his analyses.

Among detailed criticisms of his articles and theories, the website also features a picture of Lomborg after he was "pied" at a British bookstore.

Another of his detractors, Tim Flannery, a professor at Macquarie University in Sydney, recently wrote in the Washington Post that "Cool It" was "a stealth attack on humanity's future."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »

UN-sponsored climate change conference on the Indonesian island of Bali, where more than 180 nations will attempt this month to lay the groundwork for a new emissions-reducing pact to replace the Kyoto Protocol when it expires at the end of 2012.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the