Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What's your favorite sport?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favorite sport?
Soccer. - 2 (5.6%)
Baseball. - 3 (8.3%)
Football. - 8 (22.2%)
Tennis. - 0 (0%)
Volleyball. - 1 (2.8%)
Basketball. - 1 (2.8%)
Golf. - 1 (2.8%)
Other. - 20 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite sport?  (Read 49587 times)
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2007, 11:19:07 PM »

Hello Sister Eva,

I'm positive that competitive cheerleading counts, but you're going to have to help me out with the other one. I'll have to confess that I don't know what "Orachtas" is. I'm an older guy, and I don't know what some of the new stuff is. As an example, had no idea what an "Ipod" was until just recently, but we do have indoor plumbing and electricity.   Grin

Well, it is Irish Dancing.  Like in Riverdance.

As far as being old, no way.  I bet you are about my age.  Give or take a year or two.  Indoor plumbing and electricity, what are they? Huh

My daughter got one of those i-pods for Christmas. 

Love in Christ Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2008, 12:04:11 AM »

Well, it is Irish Dancing.  Like in Riverdance.

As far as being old, no way.  I bet you are about my age.  Give or take a year or two.  Indoor plumbing and electricity, what are they? Huh

My daughter got one of those i-pods for Christmas. 

Love in Christ Eva

Grin  All I know is that you pull up and down on a handle and water comes out. With electricity, you get a pretty glass jar on the side of the house with a little wheel that goes round and round, and you get a bill for watching the wheel go around.   Grin

I don't know how to dance, and it's really a pretty good trick just to walk on some days. However, I do watch some dancing on television and some of the local square dancing and clogging from time to time. I have watched folks River-Dance on television, but it looks like square-dancing and clogging would be more fun. Most of the competitions we have locally are for clogging, and it's a lot of fun to watch.

I'm just shy of 59, and I know that many of the young folks on the forum would consider this to be ancient.   Grin   I'll just say that I'm young at heart, but I would need an overhaul and frame-straightening if I was a car.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2008, 03:52:37 AM »

And for those of you that like football......... My sport during that time is watching corn grow...... Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »

And for those of you that like football......... My sport during that time is watching corn grow...... Grin Grin Grin

lol  ... football season is when the corn gets harvested, it's all done growing by that time. As the sayin goes here, "You know it's football season when the harvest commences."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »

Brother, you forgot the "Superbowl" and all the other college games today. Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »

I didn't forget them. I just didn't watch them.   Wink

and the only corn growing is the one on my little toe.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »

Grin   Grin   ROFL! - You guys are killin' me.

I was immediately reminded of the front leaning rest position back in the 60s to watch the grass grow. I also remember turning rocks over on gravel parking lots so that they could sun on the other side. These are important tasks that someone has to do.   Grin

Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »

Grin  All I know is that you pull up and down on a handle and water comes out. With electricity, you get a pretty glass jar on the side of the house with a little wheel that goes round and round, and you get a bill for watching the wheel go around.   Grin

I don't know how to dance, and it's really a pretty good trick just to walk on some days. However, I do watch some dancing on television and some of the local square dancing and clogging from time to time. I have watched folks River-Dance on television, but it looks like square-dancing and clogging would be more fun. Most of the competitions we have locally are for clogging, and it's a lot of fun to watch.

I'm just shy of 59, and I know that many of the young folks on the forum would consider this to be ancient.   Grin   I'll just say that I'm young at heart, but I would need an overhaul and frame-straightening if I was a car.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

fisher of men
Tomi have a brother dying at the hospital and yesterday morning i toke  him in to Christ he accepted Christ as his savior
boy oh boy i never ever though that this would ever happenI read to him Jean Guy is his name
Revelation 3:20 and then  I read to him "Behold I stand at the door and knock;
if any one hears my voice and opens the door,
Iwill come in to him,and will dine with him,and he with Me. (Revelaton 3:20 NASB)
( all this on the phone cause of my situation
 "I need a tune up too)
"My decision to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour"
""confessing to God that I am a sinner,
and believing that the Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins on the cross and was raised for my justification,
I do now receive and confess Him as my personal Saviour.
and than I said do you believe and accept this  Jean-Guy  and he  answered"I Do"It was like the heaven open in my house and Jesus walk in  I could feel my brother deliverance.well thank you and please pray for him prayer of gratitude for we have a new brother on our side
 and that is why Jesus died for us. 
 Thank you Jesus.
bye bye Love in Jesus Tom.
 Def(':')
Pure BLISS
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:38:04 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Def

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »

fisher of men
Tomi have a brother dying at the hospital and yesterday morning i toke  him in to Christ he accepted Christ as his savior
boy oh boy i never ever though that this would ever happenI read to him Jean Guy is his name
Revelation 3:20 and then  I read to him "Behold I stand at the door and knock;
if any one hears my voice and opens the door,
Iwill come in to him,and will dine with him,and he with Me. (Revelaton 3:20 NASB)
( all this on the phone cause of my situation
 "I need a tune up too)
"My decision to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour"
""confessing to God that I am a sinner,
and believing that the Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins on the cross and was raised for my justification,
I do now receive and confess Him as my personal Saviour.
and than I said do you believe and accept this  Jean-Guy  and he  answered"I Do"It was like the heaven open in my house and Jesus walk in  I could feel my brother deliverance.well thank you and please pray for him prayer of gratitude for we have a new brother on our side
 and that is why Jesus died for us. 
 Thank you Jesus.
bye bye Love in Jesus Tom.
 Def(':')
Pure BLISS
Tom I am sorry ,the start of this note above should be like this  ( Tom I have a brother )"not Tomi have a brother dying"  and so on ..dexterity of hand not so good some ..must take my time "huh the story of my life  take your time  bye bye Tom

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Def

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2008, 04:14:07 PM »

Hello Sister Eva,

I'm positive that competitive cheerleading counts, but you're going to have to help me out with the other one. I'll have to confess that I don't know what "Orachtas" is. I'm an older guy, and I don't know what some of the new stuff is. As an example, had no idea what an "Ipod" was until just recently, but we do have indoor plumbing and electricity.   Grin
you do ,you have plumbing wow and electricity Cheesy well we have running water Roll Eyes  and that help a lot with some shores Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »

Hello Sister Def,

You and your brother will be in my prayers. I'm very happy to hear that he has accepted CHRIST! We can put everything else in GOD'S Hands and HIS Will be done.

In the meantime:

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »

and the only corn growing is the one on my little toe.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the