Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Will you go to hell...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will you go to hell...  (Read 3827 times)
friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »

I was hanging with my Grandmother and she has an interesting view on things.  She says that there is no such thing as a Christian rock group.  She also believes that you can't worship or praise God at a rock concert.  She says if we go to such things we are going to hell.  I think she's just crazy, but I was wondering what you think.

my first love will always be my Lord.
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

There is no such thing as Christian music..................only Christian lyrics Grin

You will not go to hell for your taste in music, you will go to hell if you do not have a relationship with the living Christ Jesus.

Th bible says nothing about the condemnation of your musical preferance Wink

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:37:07 AM »

This same thing used to be said about other types of music also. I remember as I was a teen and younger that it was said by some about Southern Gospel and then about Country Gospel. I agree with Gary on this. It is not the music but rather the lyrics and what is in our hearts.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 11:50:49 AM »

It is not the music but rather the lyrics and what is in our hearts.

AMEN!!

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:22:52 AM »

Music is a way to communicate and express yourself.  Jesus told us to go out into "all the world" and preach the Gospel. If a Christian rock band can 'reach' people of that world... PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 12:33:47 PM »

There is a passage in 1Samuel that talks about David being called in to play his harp for Saul and drive away an evil spirit.   Not that I disagree with music/lyric theory, but I am just saying music itself appears to be influencial as well.   

Music as IbTina says, is an expression of the emotions of the soul...being a musician myself, I certainly relate and agree with this.  I think the best way to think about it is....music was a creation of God which can be used for good or bad, like anything else.   It inspires, soothes, or gets us worked up depending on the beat and mood it sets.   This has alot to do with the composers intent and mood when composing.   Christian music, whatever its style, should reflect Christ and make us think of heavenly and Godly things.  Evil music will be just the opposite...make you think of worldy and sinful things, or feel fleshy if you will..lol.   

I do agree that its whats in the heart of the composer that makes a difference, in addition to whats in the heart of the listener.  Our spirit bears witness to the truth, regardless of how truth is expressed....music or speach.   If your spirit is troubled by certain music, find something else to listen to.   If you are uplifted and think of Christ through music, well, there you have it.

Just my 2 cents.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
YOUNG MEGATRON

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:40:04 AM »

When I was Younger, I thought it was foolish to blame suicides , Crime,and drug use, on Music. I would argue that people are going to do what they want to do if thats what they want to do.

Now im a bit older and I kNOW Music has a powerfull influence on the human mind and it can play a roll in fact a major contribution to peoples actions. once upon a time people were scared of subliminal messeges.....Have no Fear , The subliminal has been replace with Direct orders. Its simple phsycy.

The Military doese alot of training and conditioning to our soldiers in boot Camp through Verbal communication.

Christian Rock?Huh Theres Nothing un holy about that.
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 10:01:53 PM »

If music makes us go to hell, all of the psalmists would be there. Song was popular for praise and worship back in the days that the bible was still just a manuscript. I was saved because of lyrics that touched my soul and made me realize just how much I was missing. I proclaimed Jesus as my Lord and Savior that day, right after a song was played that I feel God led to me, so that I could hear His voice. Music always spoke to me and every situation I was in. I used to sing prayers to God as a child. I now praise Him, as well as cry out a song in pain to Him when words don't come to my lips but lyrics do.

That is my take on it.

God Bless,
Kelly *goes out singing, HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!*

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Len

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »

Absolutely, Pastor Roger.

I literally hate rap music. Not all of it...just most of it. Here's what I mean.

I used to hate ALL rap. Couldn't stand it. Then a guy who happens to be black came to our church. He had a rap group that went into those neighborhoods that seem to exude rap music. They gave rap concerts there whose lyrics gave the Gospel message, gave praise to God, and led many lost souls to Christ.

I had never heard them perform till he and his group came to our church's fall festival. They performed 3 raps songs that gave the Gospel message and praised God. Everyone, old and young, black and white, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was some of the best music I have ever heard. There was a standing ovation...not just for ther performance but for the God they lifted up.

So, I agree...it's the words...not the melody, or rythm, or anything else.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
Jenn4God
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 02:28:40 PM »

I don't believe we go to hell for the music we listen to as long as it is christian. I personally don't like christian rock or rap because the use of drums makes it sound satanic. I prefer lighter sounding music.
john909

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »

We do not go to hell over our musical preferences. 

Now, having said that, as an xxxxxxx xxxxx, I believe in something known as the xxxxx of the xxxxx xxxxx and the xxxxxx of the xxxxx xxxxxx. According to xxxxxr, every Christian is a citizen of two realms, which serve each other but should never be "brewed and cooked together," lest the Devil has his way.

There is the infinite "xxxxxxxx xxxxx," where God has revealed himself in Christ. This is the realm of the Gospel, grace, faith, love and the equality of all. It becomes a reality in this sinful world where God's Word is proclaimed, where the xxxxxxx are administered, and where Christ forgives the believer's sins.

This spiritual realm, the church, will never vanish but be completed gloriously in the end-time.

On the other hand, there is the secular and finite "xxxxxx  xxxxxx  xxxx," of which Christ has said, "My kingship is not of this world" (John 18:36). Here God will never reveal himself. But it is still his creation. The Devil is the "xxxxxxxxx" bitter enemy.

In this realm natural reason is the empress, according to xxxxxx. Reason is God's good gift to man to find his way in this world.

The "xxxxxxxxx" is the realm of the hidden God who rules the secular world through "governing authorities ... instituted by him" (Romans 13:1). They are fallible, of course, and sometimes become outright evil. But in time God intervenes and puts things right again.

In this world where man lives his biological life, there is no equality. There are superiors and subordinates, the Law requires obedience, and misdeeds are punished. But the Law is nevertheless from the hidden God.

Secular rulers may not necessarily be believers. "Better to be ruled by a wise Turk than a foolish Christian," xxxxxxx remarked. "It is sufficient for the Emperor to possess reason."

God's two realms are not antagonistic, however. They are to serve each other. The "xxxxxxxxxxx" has the task to radiate into the "xxxxxxxx," to inform, admonish and support it by preaching the Gospel.

Secular rulers, on the other hand, serve the spiritual realm by maintaining order and preventing chaos, the state from which God's creation has saved the world. In wild chaos, the Gospel cannot take its course.

xxxxxxxx insisted that it is essential to make clear distinctions between the two Kingdoms.

So, will listening to Britney Spears send you to hell? No. I love rock and roll, myself, but I tend to gravtiate to music that has a positive, if not subtle Christian message. Case in point is Kansas. They have for years put subtle, clever Christian-based messages in their lyrics. I love Steely Dan, despite the name (look it up).

In the final analysis, we are saved from hell by the grace of Jesus, through faith in Him. In other words, sanctified by grace, justified by faith.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:07:16 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Rev. Belch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »

I listen to all kinds of Christian Music including Christian Rock and do not feel that I am going to Hell for it . I do however pay close attention to the lyrics. If the song does not line up with the word of God then I don't listen to it. Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the