Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20662 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2003, 05:31:26 PM »

It is called Respect. When world leaders, or local leaders, for that matter, call you up because of your great spirituality, then you can talk.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2003, 05:32:46 PM »

OH NO! It can’t be! HUMANS made a MISTAKE!? OH NO! Dear lord, help us! Humans used your name for personal gain! That is unheard of! It can’t be... does this mean that... Catholics are human, too? NNNOOOO.......  Tongue

Sorry, I couldn’t resist!  Grin

HAHA I guess because they renamed a few things it's all better now.  Just make sure you toss your money in the bucket or don't come to church.  Also toss some money in the bucket and light a candle and ask Mary to help out and it's all good.   Roll Eyes

You're quite the story teller aren't you tibby?  It's a good thing I decided to check this thread else your false claims would be thought true.  I NEVER told you my church taught me that nor is it my belief.  The RCC is pagan and the truth is far from them.  I give no credance to the "supposed" early church fathers, them all being catholic (go figure it lines up with your doctrine).  It does not however line up with the bible, the ONLY authority I look to.  

Well, sense I am such a story teller, go a head and fill us in. Tell us about your extensive life in the Roman Catholic Church. Tell about how everyone else in you Independent Baptist Church supports Catholics and visits mass every chance they get to stay in communion with there Catholic Brothers and sisters. We only know what you tell us, and you don’t really say much. So go a head and talk about how your Church supports Catholics.

When have I ever said all catholics are damned to hell?  Do you enjoy making up lies?  I give no real credance to Luther either as he was no one worth listening to, as he had no problems killing baptists for "rebaptising (ana-baptists)" his followers.

You said Catholics are Pagans. Personally, I don’t believe Pagans are heaven-bound, do you? As for Luther, I’m with you about him. Luther is full of it. There is no doubt in my mind that some of his Thesis had wisdom. He saw problems in the Church, and he felt to fix them. Then he couldn’t fix the, the Drunken anti-Semitic had no other choice do to leave the church. But Faith alone is just to much for me to handle. I think I’ll stick with that the bible says on Faith and works.  Wink

You are confusing my term of RCC to mean catholics.  Though from my findings and conversations with most catholics they are not saved.  The RCC is a group and I am usually not reffering to individual members as much as the clergy and and the institution itself.  The teachings of the RCC are pagan because they are against scripture.  Research on mass and you will find it unbiblical.  You said "Jason is a new Christian and has been taught by his church yadda yadda yadda".  I did my own research plus my Grandfather is catholic, and my mother was raised catholic.  I have had plenty of time around the catholic people's and all.  95% of all catholics I witness too are clearly unsaved and have some of the worst doctrine ever,  Bring out a bible and they either get uncomfortable, claim the church teahces different, or end up becoming saved upon seeing the truth of scripture.

It's also interesting to note the only two relgions I've come across where one can be a "non-practicing ______" are catholics and Jews.   Does anyone care to explain how one can be a non practicing religionist?  I thought you had to be follwing Christ or not.  Catholics are the only denomination I know of that never claim to be christian but catholic.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2003, 05:32:49 PM »

Even if there are less rules than before the reformation, there are still many more rules than what Christ asks of us. All He asks is that we are born again of the Spirit, that we love God and each other, and that we are baptized and take commuion. The focus of  the catholic church isn't on Christ. It's on the POPE and his rules and regulations.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2003, 05:44:58 PM »

Jason- Thank you for clarifying. So, you admit a Catholic CAN be a Christian. And, btw, there doctrine is Scriptural. What turns some people off is when Priests don’t  know how to answer questions. All the twisted facts tend to confuse people, so when they ask there Priest, he is baffled by it as well, the people see the Protestant who lied to them to be “smarter” because he “knew” more Catholic “Doctrine” then the Priest. Give Apologetics a chance. Check out some of the guys who turn to the Catholic Church from various other groups of Christianity. How much “research” did you do? Is this the same research that gave you that “Dragon hat” theory? If that is the case, maybe you need to dig a little deeper. You know what I’m talking about. Grin

As for non practicing religionist, all denominations have them. But most Protestants prefer to call them "Backside Christians.”

Heidi- *sigh* Back to this, again? 687 pages, Heidi, find some new ammo. Wink

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2003, 05:53:28 PM »

I never said anything about a dragon hat.  I told you that before apparently it's as useful as pointing out the difference between there and their.  Lips Sealed

I said it was in the shape of the FISH god DAGON.  You know the one the Philistines worshipped?  The whole catholic garb thing is wrong.  Sonce when did the NT ordain there to be priests?  Also when did the catholic clergy become the levite preists (that is where they come up with their excuse for their pomp and circumstance).  

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2003, 05:57:42 PM »

Tibby, I don't know who you're addressing you in your post, but i have said in many posts that I believe there are born again Christians in many churches. I have simply met so many catholics who don't understand what born again means.

And i'm not looking for ammo, Tibby. I thought this was a search for the truth on both sides. You've got a lot of spite in your posts. Why are you so defensive? I believe the Lutheran church is not focused on being born again either. The ELCA has all but admitted they worship Luther. This was all porphesied by Christ. He said that many will preach in His name, cast out demons in His name...but when the owner of the house closes the door, He will say He never knew you. Jesus was talking about professed believers, here, not unbelivers.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2003, 05:59:53 PM »

I never said anything about a dragon hat.  I told you that before apparently it's as useful as pointing out the difference between there and their.  Lips Sealed

I said it was in the shape of the FISH god DAGON.  You know the one the Philistines worshipped?  The whole catholic garb thing is wrong.  Sonce when did the NT ordain there to be priests?  Also when did the catholic clergy become the levite preists (that is where they come up with their excuse for their pomp and circumstance).  

Grin = goofy, just so you know. Are ya sure? I thought you posted Dragon god. Oh well. It has been a while.

So, you are saying there is to be no ordaintion? And what is wrong with a Robe?

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2003, 06:10:55 PM »

I can't stand the protestant "graduation gown" either.  There is no need to dress differently because you are a deacon, Pastor, or what not.  We are all considered priests of God now.  There is no reason to dress differently to distinguish ones self.  Actually I have seen pictures of the pope getting his feet washed while he sits in his lovely throne( with a lovely upsidedown cross as well Undecided ).  Last I checked it was supposed to be the other was around and no throne.

The fact I have seen commercials asking people to become preists shows the spiritual bankruptcy of the RCC.  It is not a "Job" to be in full time service of the LORD.  It's not like going to scholl to be a doctor.  It is ONLY to be if one is called of God and you will know if you are called.  There is also now grounds for all the Hail mary's (repitiou prayer anyone?) or preists and confessionals.  If you feel the need to confess to another brother or sister it should be done in openess between the two not behind a some wall where no one can see you.  That brother or sister has no power to absolve you of anything either.

Ack!  I'm going to stop now it's really not worth it to go over this again and again and again.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2003, 06:15:54 PM »

It is all in good fun. As for the Pope, the man kisses sidewalk, I don't think we need to question his humilitly Grin

Man, I have to see the commericals. How do they go?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2003, 06:23:27 PM »

Recently the pope made an address confirming the existence of evolution (this can be found at my link if u are not familiar with it). He did not, however, give anything as to the relation of Jesus Christ in this address. Do we need a new pope.

---link deleted---

Why was the link deleted??

Petro

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2003, 06:31:26 PM »

Recently the pope made an address confirming the existence of evolution (this can be found at my link if u are not familiar with it). He did not, however, give anything as to the relation of Jesus Christ in this address. Do we need a new pope.

---link deleted---

Because it was a "spam" link.  Someone just got credit for anyone who clicked on their link.  I believe it is posted somewhere by someone.

Why was the link deleted??

Petro

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2003, 06:31:27 PM »

It is all part of a Vatican Conspiracy to take over the world! The Roman Hackers cracked into the Forum and blocked the site.      ProfessionalPerson is part of the resistance, fighting against it. RESISTANCE IF FUTILE!  We, the people of Rome, will control you al! Mahahahaha  Grin

ok, for real, it was spam. The link lead to a wed based war game. When ever someone clicked on the link, it would add one person to his Army. People participating in these games are not allowed to post things like this.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 06:32:38 PM by Tibby » Logged

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2003, 06:32:56 PM »

It is all part of a Vatican Conspiracy to take over the world! The Roman Hackers cracked into the Forum and blocked the site. Is part of the resistance, fighting against it. RESISTANCE IF FUTILE!  We, the people of Rome, will control you al! Mahahahaha  Grin

ok, for real, it was spam. The link lead to a wed based war game. When ever someone clicked on the link, it would add one person to his Army. People participating in these games are not allowed to post things like this.

HA! I beat you by one second take that!  BTW who is al and why do you want to control him?   Tongue

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2003, 06:35:30 PM »

lol, I noticed that. I still outrack you Tongue Wink

Al is the Resistance leader! Nope, no spelling error there! None at all *sweeps sleeping error under rug with foot*

sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2003, 07:48:56 PM »

Tibby,
You crack me up!  It is obvious you are not interested in the truth, just defending a false paganistic religion.  I had hoped you would be more concerned after reading the depth of paganistic practices incorporated by RCC, but NOOOOOOOO, you didn't.  Cheesy
sunodino, you grew up in the Catholic church, uh? Did you SLEEP through Sunday school or something? Read you list of false dourine, My question is DID YOU read them before copying and pasting them? You could have combined half of them into each other, making the list MUCH, MUCH shorter. Plus it would look more credible if you didn’t repeat the same thinks with different wording.  

Did you sleep through your English class? I did read it, I put the list together, it is an excerpt from a paper I did years ago. I am at least glad you read them, good for you! There is much much more.. It was my own research as well as experience with a DEAD  RELIGION that encorporates PAGAN PRACTICES to get the MOST OUT OF THE PEOPLE AROUND THEM ESPECIALLLY POWER AND MONEY!

How is the Sign of the Cross a false doctrine?
You need to Check what the Catholic Church different Salvation as. Maybe YOU think we need to be a part of YOUR Church, but the Catholics do not feel that way. You tell us to get our heads out of the Catechism and start reading the Bible? Maybe you should consider getting your head in catechism, it might help your case if you started speaking the TRUTH!
The sign of the cross isn't the issue, it is this self blessing and genuflecting thing, as well as with so called holy water.  

I DON'T HAVE  [my]CHURCH, I am part of the entire body of Christ which includes all believers in Jesus as the savior, who have repented and been baptized in Jesus' name, and have been washed by the blood of the Lamb of God who (only can) takes away the sin of the WORLD. I believe the Bible is the only source of doctrine.  The Bible interprets itself, it NEVER FAILS. It is complete.  I believe in Acts 2:38, I believe that if I fall, I have a mediator who is the propitiation (the atoning victim) for my sin, ONCE AND FOR ALL. I believe that churches today have abandoned much of what the early church established and there is a slumber among the people. But the Church of Jesus Messiah is not bound and lives.Please join that church and run from RCC.

Do you read what you post? Most of that is you said was false, the rest of it was twisted. Is it possible to not repeat the same stuff everyone else has already said? The Catechism is 687 pages long., you’d think, if the Catholic Church was so evil, you people would have at least 680 pages worth of information to rant about the Catholics on, but NNOOOO, you people keep repeating the same stuff over and over. Makes me really wonder, when, in almost 2000 years of law and doctrine, all you can come up with is “Idolatry” and a few mistakes humans made to back up your claim that the Catholic Church is ungodly. If you are going to try and convert Catholics to Protestantism, try using FACTS! Of course, you are going to say I’m brainwashed and not ever listen to a word I’m saying. Because you will do what you always do, ignore or skip around our question when we speak against what you believe. Instead of attacking what we believe, why don’t you try to tell us why what you believe is SO much better, you catch more flies with honey and all, right? It might be easier for both of us if you told us what YOU believe, instead of trying to tell us what WE believe. Did you ever stop to thing that MAYBE we know a little bit more about what we believe than you? Is that perhaps a possibility?

I don't see that you really know what you have signed up for, but maybe you do!  Sorry! However, let me say, much of my reply regarding doctrine came from the CURRENT CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA. There are scores of works from current and former RCC members that are honest and forthcoming.  I have pictures of Pacelli and Montini, (later Pope Pius XII and Paul VI)sitting with the Nazi's signing the concordat.  Not a pretty picture. Even Catholic pastors were executed because they would not go along with Hitler during that time.  

NOTHING HAS CHANGED, RCC IS JUST GOING ALONG WITH THE WIND RIGHT NOW UNTIL IT CAN MAKE A BIG MOVE TO GET IT'S REFORMATION CHILDREN BACK.  Most likely you will hear the POPE BLESS ISLAMIC RADICALS! RCC will do anything to get ALL THE POWER.

May I add, this whole thread started with a question, since Pope Paul II confirms evolution, do we need a new pope?  

Answer: RCC does not need a new Pope.

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the