Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20654 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2003, 09:41:44 PM »

Yeah, it was spam, nothing to do with Christianity in any ways. Some people just turned it into the Reformation Part 2. And you thought Catholics and Protestants only fought in Irelend. Grin
Grin     Too bad it didn't become, back to the Bible and what does God say on the matter!   Wink

Thanks for letting me know.

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2003, 10:01:32 PM »

Thanks. I thought maybe it was censorship where censorship doesn't belong.

lol, I think both admin and BEP support the anti-Catholic side of this. Don't tell me what the Trolls have been saying are getting to you... Undecided

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2003, 10:09:28 PM »

lol, I think both admin and BEP support the anti-Catholic side of this. Don't tell me what the Trolls have been saying are getting to you... Undecided
No, I have never cared for censorship and people deciding for me what can be had and what can't. Sometimes accidently and unknown to them; the trolls would say something half way intelligent.   Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2003, 10:23:29 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

Why would you say something like this? I'm not a Catholic, but I haven't posted any inflammatory or anti-Catholic messages. I'm positive that ADMIN is a Christian, but I have no idea what church he belongs to. It's not material to the accusation you made since ADMIN hasn't posted any anti-Catholic messages either.

Tibby, I have no desire to make any anti-Catholic remarks, but if I did, I wouldn't need you to put words in my mouth or try to guess what I was thinking. In other words, I'll speak for myself. Your comment was uncalled for and improper.

First, I don't know what was on the link, but ADMIN deleted it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2003, 10:36:25 PM »

No, I have never cared for censorship and people deciding for me what can be had and what can't. Sometimes accidently and unknown to them; the trolls would say something half way intelligent.   Wink

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

ADMIN deleted the link and ADMIN makes the rules. You might want to read the forum rules. Improper messages and links will either be edited or deleted. This is a Christian forum and the rules of ADMIN are not subject to debate.

Ollie, people don't come here to see garbage, filth, satan worship, etc., etc.,, etc. If you want to see this type of stuff, send me a private message with your email, and I'll give you directions to find all the filth you can stand, enough for several lifetimes.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2003, 01:00:52 AM »

Sorry, I didn’t mean to put it like that, and shouldn‘t have. What I meant was, I believe you are both Protestant, and would be less inclined to censor a link attacking the Pope then, say, a Roman Catholic. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean  to upset you. I just typed it for lack of a better word. I apologizes. I’ve never thought you are Admin where “anti-catholic” at all.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2003, 02:57:25 AM »

Sorry, I didn’t mean to put it like that, and shouldn‘t have. What I meant was, I believe you are both Protestant, and would be less inclined to censor a link attacking the Pope then, say, a Roman Catholic. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean  to upset you. I just typed it for lack of a better word. I apologizes. I’ve never thought you are Admin where “anti-catholic” at all.

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

I am one of those people who don't like men's tags, labels, and denominations. Using very strict dictionary terms, anyone who isn't a Catholic would be a Protestant, but from whose perspective? Is a Hindu also a Protestant? My church has an address for a name, and we are considered to be non-denominational. If we were forced to use a name, it would probably have some Biblical significance, maybe something like Grace Bible Chapel. We don't feel like we're protesting (Protestant) anything other than lost souls needing Jesus, the hungry needing food, the naked needing clothing, the sick needing medicine, etc.

I have brothers and sisters in Christ who attend the Catholic Church and many other churches. If a person is a member of the CHURCH NOT BUILT BY HUMAN HANDS, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, does it make a difference what name was over the door of the physical church building? Would Christ care if the sign said Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic, Non-Denominational, etc., etc., etc.? When we spend eternity together with Christ, will we still be divided and wearing our labels?

The length and depth of man's vanity is responsible for an infinite number of divisions in God's children, even within their own churches. It's so ridiculous that it almost sounds like a comedy. We'd might as well laugh at ourselves because we are pretty funny. I'm thinking about a church in my city with a congregation of about 300. I'll call it the "G" church and leave out the denomination. (True Story) There was a disagreement that split the church. About half of the congregation purchased land across the street and built a church they called the "Greater G" church. They have no fellowship, and the police have been called numerous times on Sunday to keep members of the two congregations from fighting. There are a ton of sweet children of God in both churches, and I love them dearly --------BUT THEY ARE SILLY! I think we are all pretty silly from time to time, certainly myself included. Some folks might want to fight about what color to paint the church, long before they get to the teachings of the Holy Bible.

If we are both saved and will spend eternity together, how should we handle disagreements in this short life? I can tell you that I'm guilty of not handling it right in the past. I think we can all do better, and I want to be first in line to admit my guilt and say I want to do better.

In Christ,
Tom

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2003, 12:39:42 PM »

"...for where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?"

Amen

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2003, 02:27:53 PM »

Yeah, I understand. I know that would hurt you. Like I said in the PM, I was in a rush, and “anti-Catholic” was all I would think of. But, that being the case, I shouldn’t have posted it. I’m sorry.

The Labels are for man. I personally think it helps us understand things. We with our western mind, like to categorize everything, to make it simpler to understand. I guess it is easier for us. I don't think there is anythign wrong with labels, as long as you don't let the label tell you who you are!

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2003, 07:16:17 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

ADMIN deleted the link and ADMIN makes the rules. You might want to read the forum rules. Improper messages and links will either be edited or deleted. This is a Christian forum and the rules of ADMIN are not subject to debate.

Ollie, people don't come here to see garbage, filth, satan worship, etc., etc.,, etc. If you want to see this type of stuff, send me a private message with your email, and I'll give you directions to find all the filth you can stand, enough for several lifetimes.
I am not into filth and garbage of the world. If you have read my posts you should know this by now.

I did not realize the post was trash and probably should have read further down.
I read the forum rules when I came on over a year ago.
A refresher is always good. I understand the deletion of the link now thanks to Ebia,Tibby, and reading more of the other posts.

I am somewhat dismayed that you would give any one directions to filth and garbage so easily. I pray that was a thought in haste.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2003, 07:22:57 PM by ollie » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2003, 09:30:02 PM »

I am not into filth and garbage of the world. If you have read my posts you should know this by now.

I did not realize the post was trash and probably should have read further down.
A refresher is always good. I understand the deletion of the link now thanks to Ebia,Tibby, and reading more of the other posts.

I am somewhat dismayed that you would give any one directions to filth and garbage so easily. I pray that was a thought in haste.

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

You posted three messages complaining about deleted links, censorship, etc. You either want to see the garbage and filth or you don't, but you won't see it here. Your repetition of the same thought indicated you do want to see this sort of thing.

It now appears that you can't make up your mind. No, I wasn't kidding, I'll give you the directions so you won't have to search for that information on Christians Unite. Further, I hope you don't see any of this garbage on Christians Unite.

Here you go: Google Search -

Internet infidel
infidel + forum or + chat, etc.
Christian bashing
Satan worship
atheist + forum or + chat, etc.
Bible + myth or + bashing or + bunk

Use your imagination. I doubt you will find much censorship, editing, or deleting on these sites. Stop in and tell them you are a Christian and don't appreciate censorship. UM??, sounds silly, doesn't it?

Ollie, I would hope you don't want to see this type of garbage. Regardless, you won't see it long here before it is edited or deleted. Yes, it will be censored here.

In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2003, 05:37:57 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

You posted three messages complaining about deleted links, censorship, etc. You either want to see the garbage and filth or you don't, but you won't see it here. Your repetition of the same thought indicated you do want to see this sort of thing.

It now appears that you can't make up your mind. No, I wasn't kidding, I'll give you the directions so you won't have to search for that information on Christians Unite. Further, I hope you don't see any of this garbage on Christians Unite.

Here you go: Google Search -

Internet infidel
infidel + forum or + chat, etc.
Christian bashing
Satan worship
atheist + forum or + chat, etc.
Bible + myth or + bashing or + bunk

Use your imagination. I doubt you will find much censorship, editing, or deleting on these sites. Stop in and tell them you are a Christian and don't appreciate censorship. UM??, sounds silly, doesn't it?

Ollie, I would hope you don't want to see this type of garbage. Regardless, you won't see it long here before it is edited or deleted. Yes, it will be censored here.

In Christ,
Tom
"I am not into filth and garbage of the world. If you have read my posts you should know this by now.

I am somewhat dismayed that you would give any one directions to filth and garbage so easily. I pray that was a thought in haste."

It appears you are ready and willing to lead people to the ways of Satan from the looks of your last post.
This makes for great sorrow that one who confesses Christ would direct another soul to the adversary and away from the Savior of all.

God Bless you!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 05:41:39 AM by ollie » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2003, 09:55:30 AM »

Come on guys, this is  pointless. Shake hands and make-up.  Undecided

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2003, 11:38:59 AM »

It appears you are ready and willing to lead people to the ways of Satan from the looks of your last post.
This makes for great sorrow that one who confesses Christ would direct another soul to the adversary and away from the Savior of all.

God Bless you!

Ollie,

Peace. Maybe you understand now why some messages are edited, deleted, or censored on Christians Unite. It's easy to find the adversary of Christ, but hopefully not on Christians Unite. That's why I check every link I see. That's also one of the reasons for the moderator button. We all work together to keep that garbage and filth off of Christians Unite.

In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2003, 10:14:25 PM »

God Bless you!

Ollie,

Peace. Maybe you understand now why some messages are edited, deleted, or censored on Christians Unite. It's easy to find the adversary of Christ, but hopefully not on Christians Unite. That's why I check every link I see. That's also one of the reasons for the moderator button. We all work together to keep that garbage and filth off of Christians Unite.

In Christ,
Tom
Yes, by all means , peace and also love. I did not know at first that it was deleted by ADM. I thought the author might have done it and I did not realize the nature of the post  except what it claimed and without the link it was impossible to reply to it intelligently.

I overreacted and apologize for creating this ruckus over it.
I understand what a moderator must do and I myself have turned over some rank postings by pushing the button.

However I still donot believe that people should be directed to garbage and filth sites when they do object to censorship not knowing the facts of the original post.

We will not lead any one to Christ with this example of conduct by offering trash instead of Christ.

In His love,
Ollie

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the