Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Papal Address Confirming Evolution
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papal Address Confirming Evolution  (Read 20829 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2003, 04:10:19 PM »

lol, Heidi always confused you, Knox. That time, in the first of thie thread, she thought I said sometihng you said. Then she confused you for one of the trolls, then for someguy.  Grin SHe cares for your soul, Knox, not you name. You're a Catholic, your name is already going to hell. Grin lol

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2003, 06:46:20 PM »

Knox, I'm here because in the last month, witnessing has become my most important, though difficult goal in life....
Maybe there's a reason why you are finding it difficult.

You attack people's faith, without understanding it, and with logically flawed arguments.
You ignore it when people try to corrrect your misconceptions and fallacies.
You don't read what other poeple post propertly, but instead attack what you think they have said.
You insist that the only true christians are those who are "born again"; How do you know who is born again - because they agree with you.

No-one is going to listen to you if you don't engage with what they have to say.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2003, 09:52:18 PM »

It is you who are not reading posts, Ebia. Jesus said that the only Christian is a born again Christian. Those are His words, not mine...Or don't you read the bible?  Do you not believe Him? Only God knows who is born again or not.

I thought your faith was Christianity, not Catholicism. I have not attacked Christianity. The Catholics see their DENOMINATION as a religion. They forget that their religion is Christianity.

It's always difficult to witness to people who are not drawn by God. Jesus said, "No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws Him." It is up to God to choose us. If someone isn't called, he will ALWAYS argue against salvation. Your intense arguments lead me to wonder about yours.

What about my arguments are flawed? I listed several of the beliefs that the Catholic church endorse several posts ago. Nobody disputed them. Did you not read them or do you agree with them?

It is you who are not reading all the posts. It is also your arguments that are flawed. I cannot take your posts seriously any more.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2003, 10:10:17 PM »

There you go again. Saying we are all being “Catholic” before Christian. And yet, you have posted with us in many threaded, and never knew we where Catholic until this thread. Maybe it was YOUR attack that brought us out. We never mention the catholic church except when someone attacks it, so I still do not see how you can say we are catholic before Christian.

And which post was that? As I recall, we have answer all your questions. Several times, in fact. Several times a day, for the past week or so. What NEW information did you post that we didn't reply to?

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2003, 10:48:04 PM »

It is you who are not reading posts, Ebia. Jesus said that the only Christian is a born again Christian. Those are His words, not mine...Or don't you read the bible?  Do you not believe Him? Only God knows who is born again or not.
There you go again, attacking what you think I said, not what I said.

I thought your faith was Christianity, not Catholicism. I have not attacked Christianity. The Catholics see their DENOMINATION as a religion. They forget that their religion is Christianity.
You seem to have forgotten that I'm not Catholic.

It's always difficult to witness to people who are not drawn by God. Jesus said, "No one can come to the Father unless the Father draws Him." It is up to God to choose us.
Its always difficult, but you don't have to make it even harder.

If someone isn't called, he will ALWAYS argue against salvation. Your intense arguments lead me to wonder about yours.
There you go again - "anyone who disagrees with me isn't Christian"

What about my arguments are flawed? I listed several of the beliefs that the Catholic church endorse several posts ago. Nobody disputed them. Did you not read them or do you agree with them?
Someone hasn't been paying attention.

It is you who are not reading all the posts. It is also your arguments that are flawed. I cannot take your posts seriously any more.
You've never showed any evidence of taking anyone's post seriously unless it agrees with you.

sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2003, 02:08:29 AM »

Tibby, ebia, et al - SNIDErs -  ???This is not WWJD

Oh no? He had no problem telling people they were a brood of Viper. He happily throw out those who cheapened his temple with a whip. You want a peaceful role model, go for Gandhi. This is Jesus we are talking about. The man who was so intense about what he believed that he sweat blood. This is the man who never said a word while he was brutally whipped! What would Jesus do? Jesus would die for the worlds sins! DO NOT Tell me to do what Jesus would do until you have died on the cross for the world, ok? If you don’t like this “war” that is taking place, then don’t be a party to it, don’t post on this thread.
Jesus was sinless, he had the right, he was also gracious in his teachings- now you??? hmmm   Grin

A tad snide, there, Sumodino. WWJD?, Wink On a more serous note, that is exactly my point. You can’t compare us to Jesus. We has “sinless.” Have for helping me prove my point

You bet, too much perhaps, but frankly, I have been reading some of the comments made on this ChristiansUnite forum and I see a lot less christianity and more synical secular attitudes.  Some of you are even suggesting some of US go somewhere else.  I am new to this site, I like it, and am a little taken  back by your flat, cold, loveless responses.  The fact that it is all anonymous is probably a big help, But Jesus is not anonymous, and much of what is said here will be weighed.  I am done with this subject.
muy stupido

So, we have resorted to Spanish insults as a way of arguing now? Anyways, why an I “muy stupido”?  Because I don’t believe a church is required to pay money to spend on 1 bible per person, when most of the people have bibles laying at home anyways, when that money could be spend helping the poor, helping those who NEED IT. Let people starve to death, let them die in 3rd world countries, but God forbid our church goers have to care 2-4 lbs book. Judge a church by what’s in the heart, not what in the pews.
The spanish came from an earlier debate between ebia and Knox regarding how many avg. Mexicans were Catholic. It was a stupid joke.

However, I do disagree with your statement about bringing your Bible to church, and your added comment about "this money could better be spent on the poor"  
check this Bible quote out:
John 4:12
4  Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
5  Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
Some things are better off kept and not "given to the poor" the Bible being the MOST IMPORTANT POSSESSION A CHRISTIAN CAN HAVE IF HE/SHE READS IT!

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2003, 08:17:34 AM »

1 Corinthians 10-17

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2003, 08:46:33 AM »

You bet, too much perhaps, but frankly, I have been reading some of the comments made on this ChristiansUnite forum and I see a lot less christianity and more synical secular attitudes.  Some of you are even suggesting some of US go somewhere else.  I am new to this site, I like it, and am a little taken  back by your flat, cold, loveless responses.  The fact that it is all anonymous is probably a big help, But Jesus is not anonymous, and much of what is said here will be weighed.  I am done with this subject.

Maybe if certain groups of Christian would not attack other groups with lies, and in their ignorance, refuse to take correction, we could all get along better. Wink Grin

However, I do disagree with your statement about bringing your Bible to church, and your added comment about "this money could better be spent on the poor"  
check this Bible quote out:
John 4:12
4  Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
5  Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
Some things are better off kept and not "given to the poor" the Bible being the

Oh, in that case, lets just sit up in our 20 million dollar church build and enjoy the milk and honey and wait for the all the poor to kill each other or die out! Read the story, read your bible for a change, as I recalled, Jesus clearly state “You will always have the poor among you, you will not always have me.”

MOST IMPORTANT POSSESSION A CHRISTIAN CAN HAVE IF HE/SHE READS IT!

Then why can’t they carry it to church?  

sunodino

People get ready, there's a train a comin' !

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2003, 12:33:19 PM »

Maybe if certain groups of Christian would not attack other groups with lies, and in their ignorance, refuse to take correction, we could all get along better. Wink Grin

Oh, in that case, lets just sit up in our 20 million dollar church build and enjoy the milk and honey and wait for the all the poor to kill each other or die out! Read the story, read your bible for a change, as I recalled, Jesus clearly state “You will always have the poor among you, you will not always have me.”

Then why can’t they carry it to church?  

This is my last reply to you on this subject, I find you bitter and offensive in your replies.  My guess is you are around 19 or 20 years old, (maybe even younger) by the way you articulate your sentences, but you should back off on Christians you don't even know, try to be a little more compassionate in your reponses. How can you correct anyone? There is no maturity in your dialog. As for me, I prefer not to have dialog with you.  God bless you and teach you.

Sunodino travails...
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? Romans 11:15
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2003, 02:24:40 PM »

My guess is you are around 19 or 20 years old, (maybe even younger) by the way you articulate your sentences
He's 19...going on 12  Grin

There you go again. Saying we are all being “Catholic” before Christian.
Though this does not apply to all Catholics, I have found that the vast majority (our last summer in missions we calculated that 94% of the over 700 Catholics we interviewed) would answer the following question like this:

"Are you a Christian?"
"No, I'm a Catholic."

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2003, 06:06:35 PM »

Good guess, sunodino. Man, must be heard to find one of the many posts there I TELL YOU HOW OLD I AM! No need to guess, you can READ it in several posts. You know what I think? I think you pulled the ACLU’s favorite play, you ran out of things to say, so you call me offensive, and left. Classic. You find me offensive? Ok, I’m going to fill you in one something. My beliefs have been attacked non-stop since the start of this thread, that is 14 pages. Do I sound a little bitter over anti-Catholic? Maybe because I AM! Did that ever strike you as a possibility? That maybe I AM bitter? Maybe I don’t like people attack what I believe, and attacking with the same ammo we proved wrong just a few posts earlier! 687 pages of the Catechism! You’d think someone would think of something other then “You worship saints.” I still want to know why it is so hard for Christians to carry their own bible to church. Either way, You have left, never to return to this thread. Running from a 19 year old. Enjoy love, I bid you farewell, and I’m sorry we could not sway you toward the truth about Catholicism. Smiley

5020, I’d be interested in seeing documentation on this. I’ve always been taught Catholicism was a system,. Christianity was the Faith.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2003, 04:17:47 AM »

Good guess, sunodino. Man, must be heard to find one of the many posts there I TELL YOU HOW OLD I AM! No need to guess, you can READ it in several posts. You know what I think? I think you pulled the ACLU’s favorite play, you ran out of things to say, so you call me offensive, and left. Classic. You find me offensive? Ok, I’m going to fill you in one something. My beliefs have been attacked non-stop since the start of this thread, that is 14 pages. Do I sound a little bitter over anti-Catholic? Maybe because I AM! Did that ever strike you as a possibility? That maybe I AM bitter? Maybe I don’t like people attack what I believe, and attacking with the same ammo we proved wrong just a few posts earlier! 687 pages of the Catechism! You’d think someone would think of something other then “You worship saints.” I still want to know why it is so hard for Christians to carry their own bible to church. Either way, You have left, never to return to this thread. Running from a 19 year old. Enjoy love, I bid you farewell, and I’m sorry we could not sway you toward the truth about Catholicism. Smiley

5020, I’d be interested in seeing documentation on this. I’ve always been taught Catholicism was a system,. Christianity was the Faith.

I have had the same experience with catholics myself.  Also to ask them if they've been born again is interesting.  You either get looked at like you suddenly spoke in another language (which in a way we have) or they say "Oh you're one of them."

The bibles in the pews are for the unsaved who may not have one.  At least that's my uinderstanding and how our church works.  Everyone in my church does bring their own bible.

You have yet to prove anyone wrong about catholic misteachings, but if you feel you have whatever.  Only God can help you out.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2003, 04:40:00 AM »

I have had the same experience with catholics myself.  Also to ask them if they've been born again is interesting.  You either get looked at like you suddenly spoke in another language (which in a way we have)
As I've said before, that's exactly what you've done

or they say "Oh you're one of them."
Because your language has marked you out as a particular subset of protestant.

This has nothing to do with belief, and everything to do with language.

The bibles in the pews are for the unsaved who may not have one.  At least that's my uinderstanding and how our church works.  Everyone in my church does bring their own bible.
Good for you.  There is much less need to have a bible to hand during a Catholic service, and I'm sure any church of any denomination has bibles somewhere for those who wish to refer to one at any other time.

You have yet to prove anyone wrong about catholic misteachings, but if you feel you have whatever.  Only God can help you out.
Plenty has been said.  If people are determine to hold onto their misconceptions there is little anyone can do about it.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2003, 05:49:54 AM »

I have had the same experience with catholics myself.  Also to ask them if they've been born again is interesting.  You either get looked at like you suddenly spoke in another language (which in a way we have)
As I've said before, that's exactly what you've done

Sorry but that's the language in the bible which means it's the LORD's language.  Therefore anything other than that language is wrong.  So if catholics can't understand what's writen in the bible we have a problem don't we?

Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

HHHMMM so who has the problem eh?  Looks like you can't see the kingdom of God according to scripture.

or they say "Oh you're one of them."
Because your language has marked you out as a particular subset of protestant.

This has nothing to do with belief, and everything to do with language.

Again it's because most catholics don't read their bible so they don't know the language.  It has nothing to do with subsets and EVERYTHING to do with the Bible.  That's why we have a problem.  You keep using this poor excuse about language to siut your needs.  It is you and catholicism that is wrong here.  Funny you claimed not to be an aussie catholic.  Yet here you are constantly defending catholicism and you said you were from Australia.  I think I might have to dig that one up.

Good for you.  There is much less need to have a bible to hand during a Catholic service, and I'm sure any church of any denomination has bibles somewhere for those who wish to refer to one at any other time.

I'm a bit confused by your reply.  I was responding to tiddy's comments.  Why do you not need the bible at a catholic service?  That's awfully disconcerting considering it's out time in God's house with His Word.  HHMMMM what the heck goes on in your church services?

Plenty has been said.  If people are determine to hold onto their misconceptions there is little anyone can do about it.

Plenty of foolishness and excuses full of holes without any biblical backing is all I have seen.  Your favorite seems to be this thing about language.  Apparently the RCC has declared its own special version of english that makes it uneffected from the rest of the english speaking world.   Roll Eyes

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2003, 06:10:02 AM »

Sorry but that's the language in the bible which means it's the LORD's language.  Therefore anything other than that language is wrong.  So if catholics can't understand what's writen in the bible we have a problem don't we?
You've take the phrase out of its context in the chapter.  Not incorrectly, but in way that wouldn't be familiar to many Catholics unfamiliar with other traditions.   In the context of those verses I'd expect Catholics to be perfectly familiar with it.   I dare say, if I could be bothered to spend the time, I could find similar phrases that Catholics use frequently that you would react similarly to.  Note also, the New Jerusalem bible (and others, including Youngs Literal) translate this as "... born from above"

You really don't get the idea that other people may use language different from yours and both be right, do you?
Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

HHHMMM so who has the problem eh?  Looks like you can't see the kingdom of God according to scripture.
Did I say it was a-scriptural?

Again it's because most catholics don't read their bible so they don't know the language.
See above.

It has nothing to do with subsets and EVERYTHING to do with the Bible.  That's why we have a problem.  You keep using this poor excuse about language to siut your needs.  

sigh.  Its not poor language - its different language.  Once you grow up and learn that people use language differently according to their culture, you might grasp this.

It is you and catholicism that is wrong here.  Funny you claimed not to be an aussie catholic.

I'm neither aussie nor catholic.

Yet here you are constantly defending catholicism and you said you were from Australia.  I think I might have to dig that one up.
You work it out.

I'm a bit confused by your reply.  I was responding to tiddy's comments.  Why do you not need the bible at a catholic service?  That's awfully disconcerting considering it's out time in God's house with His Word.  HHMMMM what the heck goes on in your church services?
You're expected to be able to listen.  Which has served perfectly well for most of history, as most people couldn't have read it for themselves anyway, leaving aside that personal bibles have only been feasible for a few hundred.

Plenty of foolishness and excuses full of holes without any biblical backing is all I have seen.  Your favorite seems to be this thing about language.  Apparently the RCC has declared its own special version of english that makes it uneffected from the rest of the english speaking world.   Roll Eyes
Go back to school.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 06:20:27 AM by ebia » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the