Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:31:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is the end near?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the end near?  (Read 7471 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »

Two video links to a previous Paula Zahn's show.  Listen to what these so called experts are saying about Revelation/salvation and current world events.   Its not close to biblical, but rather an insite to how the world is seeing things.

On the second clip, this so called expert says Revelation is not meant to be taken as litteral, as some Christians profess, but rather is meant to show us how WE AND GOD are to work together to make the world a better place and bring salvation.   Roll Eyes   Not surprising, they are unable to see the forrest because the trees are in the way.   Undecided   My guess is, this wont be the first time we hear experts like these.   But it is interesting even unbelievers can sense something is amiss

(note these are large clips so, so dial up might be slow to load)

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPmLQmS4dUE&mode=related&search=

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCA4l81SwMo&mode=related&search=

Blessings!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »

I say it's not to be used as a checklist.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

How many times from the first century has it been the end?

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:29:13 PM »

If it is the end or not brother, only God knows for sure..... Yes we have signs, Jesus talked about in Matthew 24.  But we don't know the timing, God's time, is different then our time. So we need to live, as if Jesus could return at any time. 

And yes today would be as great day, for His trumpet to call us home..............

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 07:43:46 AM »

I am disturbed by the Priest's attitude.. "a crock" and then at the end the man says that it is about YOU.. YOU.. YOU focusing on YOURSELF to make this world a better place.

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 08:51:28 AM »

I am disturbed by the Priest's attitude.. "a crock" and then at the end the man says that it is about YOU.. YOU.. YOU focusing on YOURSELF to make this world a better place.

Yes, I noticed that too.  Thats why I will always put my faith in Christ, the way, the truth, the light!  Grin

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 09:36:59 AM »

If it is the end or not brother, only God knows for sure.....

I believe the same thing.

Yes we have signs, Jesus talked about in Matthew 24.  But we don't know the timing, God's time, is different then our time. So we need to live, as if Jesus could return at any time.

The first century and others thought the same way.

And yes today would be as great day, for His trumpet to call us home..............

Yes it would.

I am disturbed by the Priest's attitude.. "a crock"

Quoted from Rev. Kevin Bean: Theres a fiction being created here like a Steven King horror movie.

Lets look at Mystery Babylon as an example... It's been called Rome, Jerusalem, New York, Baghdad and etc... Another example... the rider on White horse in chatper 6. Its been said it's Jesus and others say the antiChrist. Or the beast that rises out of the sea in chapter 13. Some say its the EU and now others now say its Islam. About the only thing we(every Christian) agree on is "Jesus is Lord". The imagination of Christians and non-Christians on Revelation is open for their own interruption. While many look to others to understand its meanings and they get answers from others on their opinions instead of looking to God.

and then at the end the man says that it is about YOU.. YOU.. YOU focusing on YOURSELF to make this world a better place.

Change can only start with YOU, who even YOU IS. In the end(of a new beginning) YOU has made this world a better place. Because YOU IS a part of it.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 11:02:58 AM »

The first century and others thought the same way.

One major thing, from the first century to now.  Back in the first century, the Gospel was known in a small area.  Now the Gospel, is know of worldwide. We can thank, the internet for that...... Cheesy

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »

ATC, I understand where you are coming from here.   And yes I hear the egg shells yet again crunching beneath my feet....lol

The thread name, was based on the video shows question, not mine.   BTW, I understand FOX news has also run a piece on the rapture now.   Does this mean something?  Not that I believe this is some sort of sign mind you....BUT rather, If anything, it means that the world is questioning their future as it relates to current events and scripture (or at least what they have heard scripture says).   I don't know about you, but I am riveted to the fact that unbelievers are capable of bringing up these questions and considering the impact of "what if its true?" type of thinking.    Yet many so called biblical experts are quick to rush in and bring calm to the masses...don't worry about what scripture is saying.   WE are in charge here, WE make the differences in the world.   DON'T look to scripture for possible answers, look within yourselves for peace and calm.

Sorry, but this is human religion at its finest.   Lets sew together some fig leaves and hide our own shame and solve the problems we created, after all, we hold our own destiny, not God.    Wrong!   Its Gods way, or no way!   

Change can only start with YOU, who even YOU IS. In the end(of a new beginning) YOU has made this world a better place. Because YOU IS a part of it.

Did we redeem ourselves brother?  Did we change our sinful nature by following Gods Law to the letter?   Perhaps I misunderstand what you are trying to say here, but WE can do nothing without Christ.   Take a look around the world today and SEE what man has done to help things.   If this is where our hope lies, then we are in deep trouble!   This is exactly where these people in the video clips are saying we should look too!   If we don't show them the truth, who then will?

I say it's not to be used as a checklist.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Jesus did not say it was a checklist.  He said it was a CERTAINTY, that these things would happen as He described, and that it would signal the nearness of His return.

Mat 24:35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

He did not give us the details here to be ignorant or relaxed with them, He ties them to this unmistakable promise.

How many times from the first century has it been the end?

None so far!    Do you find some sort of comfort in this fact?    Jesus gave us these signs to ignore, and not to read too much into them.   Don't worry about the details, I'll work it all out in the end.   Undecided   Is this what you think He meant? 

Mat 24:36  "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
&
Mar 13:32  "But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

These verses are not given to put us at ease, and relax.   God will take of it, don't worry.  Quite the contrary, look at the verses that follow....

Mar 13:33  "Take heed, keep on the alert; for you do not know when the appointed time will come.

He is telling us to BE ALERT to the signs, know the season!   Why do you think He spent an entire Chapter describing it?  Did you know that Jesus spent more time addressing this one question than any other in the Gospels?   Why is that?   Because its to URGE us to look to Him, URGE us to work for Him, URGE us to watch for His return.   Not sit back and relax in the fact that He'll take care of it all, and everything will be hunky dory.   Each time He brings  up "no one knows the day nor the hour" He follows with instructions as to what that means.    Get busy with the Lords work, and EXPECT HIM soon!   

We are blind to the day and hour, BUT WATCH FOR THESE SIGNS THAT THE DAY AND HOUR ARE APPROACHING!   This is what He means.  Don't take my word for it, go see the context for yourself.  Its all right there in black and white.   He has given us the task of doing His work for the Kingdom, and is expecting us to be good servants with that task.   

I think of it like this....Employment.. Cheesy   You're at work, but you can't see the clock to know what time the whistle will blow.   You have been given a task to complete before that whistle blows.   You know you have been hard at work for hours, and the day is winding down.  (note that you are keenly aware time is running short)  BUT, Not being able to see the actual hour or minute, do you start to relax your task and take comfort in the fact that it will soon be over, or do you allow that uncertainty to keep you focused on the task at hand and get as much done before its too late?    Worse yet, are you completely clueless that your time is about up?   If you are then you most certainly will not press ahead with the task at hand in an attempt to complete it, because you have plenty of time to do other things.    This is the point I believe Christ was attempting to get across here.

I have gone completely off topic here with all of this.   The main point of the thread was to look and see what the world is saying, as opposed to what scripture is saying.   NOT RAPTURE TIMING!   The curse of crunching egg shells beneath my feat continues to follow me in my posts, but I am sure one day they will break into small enough pieces to be irrelevant  Grin

Maranatha!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 04:21:35 PM »

Six signs given by Jesus Christ, indicating his coming and the end times.

Matthew 24:3
Jesus was asked, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the age?" Jesus told his apostles to look for the following signs prior to his second coming and the end of the age.

1. False Prophets and Christs
Matthew 24:5
"For many will come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and will mislead many."
Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many."

In the last several years many have claimed to be the Messiah. Jim Jones and David Koresh are examples of these false christs as well as countless others who are not as newsworthy. These false prophets are a prelude to the ultimate false christ, the antichrist.

2. WARS
Matthew 24:6
"And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end."

Rumors of wars in all areas of the world now occur frequently thanks to instant media coverage and the availability of a multitude of 24-hour news sources.

Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

More people have been killed in warfare in this century than at any other time in history. As the death toll rises in the Middle East, more and more countries work feverishly to develop devastating weapons of mass destruction. Add to that the expanding threat of terrorism and unpredictable dictators such as ImagineAdud, and the potential for the outbreak of war exists in nations, kingdoms and places across the globe.

3. FAMINES
Matthew 24:7
"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

As white, Christian farmers are driven out of Africa in increasing numbers, and foreigners move in to replace life-sustaining crops with poppies that now supply 25% of the worlds drugs, famine spreads across the African continent. The undernourished are not limited to Africa, however. A large portion of the worlds 5 billion people suffers from a shortage of food.

4. EARTHQUAKES
Matthew 24:7
"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

The number and intensity of earthquakes this century is at a level higher than any other time in history. A staggering number of seismic events occur around the world daily.

5. TRIBULATIONS
Matthew 24:8-9
"But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of my name."

Christians are under attack throughout the world today. In the United States Christians still enjoy freedom (mostly) to worship God without suffering much more than ridicule, hatred, or discrimination at work and school.

However in many other countries such as China, Sudan, Africa, Saudi Arabia, Korea, Russia, and many Muslim nations, Christian suffer much greater persecution and often times death for their faith. During the tribulation this suffering will be worldwide and will continue even to the point of martyrdom. These first 5 signs will increase in intensity and severity as the tribulation approaches, much like the birth pangs or contractions of a pregnant woman worsen as the delivery time approaches.

6. THE GOSPEL WILL BE PREACHED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
Matthew 24:14
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come."

This prophecy has already been fulfilled through television, radio, missionaries, the translation of the Bible into many languages, and the internet. People all over the world now hear the message of Christ from missionaries who have the means to travel the globe, and via technology that allows us to communicate with people on the other side of the world right from our own homes, churches and offices.

Two characteristics of the end of the ages from the Apostle Paul

1. GODLESSNESS IN THE LAST DAYS

II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

For anyone who has watched television, read a newspaper, lost a retirement to corporate greed and corruption, or just walked outside their front door, it is obvious this prophecy has been fulfilled by our generation. Our cultures are often corrupt; our cities are filled with crime, brutality, and neon signs proclaiming our sinful, godless nature. The New Age Movement brings in increasing numbers of mystics who claim to be the enlightened ones. They are some of the most educated and influential people in our societies, and yet the most lacking in real truth.

2. Apostasy (Falling away from the Faith)

I Timothy 4:1-3
"But the spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons. By means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth."

Churches today are becoming more and more ecumenical, embracing the New Age interfaith agenda, and denying Christ as the only way to salvation. Giving in to the politically correct media and a corrupt society, they have embrace homosexuality as an acceptable alternate lifestyle and preach tolerance and compromise in place of God's truth for the salvation of the world. The environmentalist movement within the New Age movement lures them into a worship of mother earth, belief in past lives, reincarnation, and Karma while demonizing all those who would eat the meat God gave us as nourishment for our bodies.

Maranatha!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:23:40 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 04:22:29 PM »

Indeed!   It reminds me of a time long long ago when the serpant said, "don't believe all that litteral stuff about dying.....You wont die, YOU can be like God, YOU can attain knowledge all on your own!"

This same lie perpetuates to this day!

Tim

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 04:40:41 PM »

and ya know what else.... just maybe.. yes... all through the past years when 'something' happens and people get to thinking that maybe 'this is it' ... well maybe these happenings brings some people around to 'getting SAVED! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 04:47:02 PM »

Amen DW!   Why would Christ bother to address in such detail things we were to look for, if He intended us to brush them off when we see them.   I truly believe most people would understand this all better if they were to take a look at these things as actual data.   Jesus did not say when you see any of these signs to start looking up....He said when you see all these signs in a pattern of birth throes, to take heed.

When in history past have all those signs been in that pattern?  And even if they had, its quite clear we're approaching epidural proportion pangs.    All of creation groans!   Can this be seen in history past?   I am all ears if someone can show me this pattern we see in recent past and today, somewhere in past history!

Epidural please!  Cheesy

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 04:48:18 PM »

and ya know what else.... just maybe.. yes... all through the past years when 'something' happens and people get to thinking that maybe 'this is it' ... well maybe these happenings brings some people around to 'getting SAVED! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

AMEN!!!

brohank

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 04:54:47 PM »

Well....the world seems to be paying some attention, even if most of their postulations are pretty far off the mark!  But.....it's interesting to hear what the Jews themselves think...other than "we're being persecuted again."

In tractate Sola 49b, from the Babylonian Talmud (that's a loooonnnnng time ago, folks), there were a number of "signs" given that would have to be fulfilled BEFORE Messiah comes.  Since 1948 all have been fulfilled, except for two, and the modern day sages have been anticipating those two. As of today, 5 out of 7 of the chief rabbi's are declaring that the final two have been fulfilled, and Geulah (redemption) is AT HAND.

The signs were:
 Displacement of people from the area of the Jordan River
    Fulfilled in the West Bank withdrawal and forced removal of settlers, who are currently living in "camps" in the southern part.

Destruction of Galilee
    Currently, Galilee is being shelled with rockets which have started large and mostly uncontrollable fires throughout the region.  Most news commentators and observers consider the area to be largely destroyed.

According to the Rebbe's, redemption is at hand, and Moshiach could show up at any moment.....although 2 of 7 still think that Paran (Persia/Iran) has to be destroyed first.

Everyone is watching!!

I used to be Evangelist until I got servered!
Light of Life Ministries
The Master's Table Christian Newspaper
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 04:59:08 PM »

Everyone is watching!!

Right you are brother!   Lets bend their ears while they are alert and listening!

Tim

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the