Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:10:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Could you pray for me?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could you pray for me?  (Read 17665 times)
IrishAngel
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2003, 09:30:37 PM »

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

That`s the  inescapable love of God for you Broken, if only you would accept His love, and the life He has to offer you...I am praying for you tonight.
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2003, 09:40:49 PM »

Blue Star,

I'm going to make this as clear as I can, but forgive me, I've been drinking heavily tonight (as a prelude to taking a truly disgusting mixture I've made up, which is why I'm still on, it takes me some time to drink this much) so please forgive me if this is a little unclear.

I would love to have the belief others here have. Its not so much a case of my not wanting to believe in God, as not being able to. I've tried, but a belief that is forced can't really be counted as belief at all.

There is nothing I would love better than to have the assurance in God that others here have. To be able to say, I know with absolute certainty that there not only is a God, but He loves me, and that I have a place in His heart. I don't care about assurance about heaven - if I could know that God loved me, I wouldn't care if He decided to send me to hell! The trouble is, no matter how much I want to, I can't believe. I've tried, but its like there is something missing. If I could only see, only feel God, I could believe. Maybe that makes me a doubting Thomas, but even he had God revealed to him! All I hear is words, not anything tangible.

I could, and have in the past convinced myself intellectually that there is a God, that the Bible is true, that Jesus died for me and that God loves me. But having the head engaged simply isn't enough. If the heart isn't too, then it doesn't feel like real faith. Intellectual faith is dead, but I can't seem to find any other faith.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2003, 09:59:59 PM »

"Lord, help thou my unbelief".(somewhere in the N.T., but I forget where, in the Gospels, obviously).

Just ask God to help your unbelief, Broken/CAELIN/Emma...

In Jesus' Name...    IT IS THAT SIMPLE.   He will honor your request....

(my smiley faces aren't working)
IrishAngel
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2003, 06:22:32 AM »

Blue Star,

I'm going to make this as clear as I can, but forgive me, I've been drinking heavily tonight (as a prelude to taking a truly disgusting mixture I've made up, which is why I'm still on, it takes me some time to drink this much) so please forgive me if this is a little unclear.

I would love to have the belief others here have. Its not so much a case of my not wanting to believe in God, as not being able to. I've tried, but a belief that is forced can't really be counted as belief at all.

There is nothing I would love better than to have the assurance in God that others here have. To be able to say, I know with absolute certainty that there not only is a God, but He loves me, and that I have a place in His heart. I don't care about assurance about heaven - if I could know that God loved me, I wouldn't care if He decided to send me to hell! The trouble is, no matter how much I want to, I can't believe. I've tried, but its like there is something missing. If I could only see, only feel God, I could believe. Maybe that makes me a doubting Thomas, but even he had God revealed to him! All I hear is words, not anything tangible.

I could, and have in the past convinced myself intellectually that there is a God, that the Bible is true, that Jesus died for me and that God loves me. But having the head engaged simply isn't enough. If the heart isn't too, then it doesn't feel like real faith. Intellectual faith is dead, but I can't seem to find any other faith.

God hears the cry of your heart Broken, and He is so longing to show you His  love...believing is as simple as saying I accept that God is real, and asking Him into your heart....thats all the faith you need...and the rest (and your hearts rest) He will give to you.
IrishAngel
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2003, 10:24:53 AM »

I quote myself : "Perhaps you`ve never found yourself in a place so low, that you needed a saviour, I hope if you ever do, you find someone gullible enough to be willing to be His hand extended to you."
KT

1 John 3:8

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2003, 01:35:45 PM »

Caelin-
I haven't been here for quite a while and I am not sure that you will remember who I am. At this point I guess that doesn't really matter.  I just want to say first that I will pray for you.  For your salvation, for your faith to receive that gift that Christ offers.  You mentioned in your response to Blue Star that  you would love to have the faith that others here have. I want you to know that you can have it.  We sometimes make it harder than it need be.  We are told in the NT and forgive for not remebering where specifically, that where we lack we are to ask.  If we lack wisdom we are to ask and likewise with faith we are to ask.  Christ is willing to restore your spirit, renew your mind and build your faith.  You said that you have come to a place at some point where you have believed that there is a God, the Christ died and so forth. May I say that right there is faith dear sister.  With that same faith and revelation knowledge you can apprehend and receive the gift of salvation.

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

vs 6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

You have this part and let me encourage you that you are almost there.  You have already believed.  You have believed that He is.  So how do we get to the place of believing that He is the rewarder?  By trusting Him and His revelation knowledge. Letting Him work experientally in our life.  Maybe that one moment where our faith is sky rocketed to such heights that we can attain the promise.  Just as Gideon in the book of Judges had a visit from an angel of the Lord and his faith was increased just enough at that point to attain the promise which God had spoken. Never mind that he was out numbered and his army was minimal at best, nevermind that he looked upon himself as nothing but the least of his father's house, but by faith received the promise of the Lord and the Lord God delivered him just as He will deliver you.

Psalm 103:2-4

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies.

What are more of the benefits by grace in Christ:

Rom 5-1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through the Lord Jesus

Rom 6-6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin

Rom 8-1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

Eph 1-4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

As for this verse specifically, I would say to you that He has chosen you Caelin. It has not been an accident that you have come to fellowship with others called by His name ( speaking of this forum) He loves you.  

But to receive those benefits through grace is Jesus you need to know who you are in Him. To receive with faith and confidence the positional righteousness that comes with salvation.  You are the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. How do we know this?

You are a child of God  John 1:12

You are a joint heir with Christ  Romans 8:17

You are a temple and dwelling place of God   1 Cor 3:16, 6:19

You are called a saint    Eph 1:1, Col 1:2, 1 Cor 1:2

You are part of God's family  Eph 2:19

You are righteous and holy  Eph 4:24

You are a living stone being built up in Christ  1 Pet 2:5

Dear Caelin, I by faith declare these promises over your life. Trusting God and His promises for you.  He knows His plans for you and they are good.  This is who God Almighty says you are.  I choose to look at you not in the temperal but eternal and what God has ordained and predestined you to be.  The enemy of your soul would have you belive his lies and succumb to them. For Paul tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against powers, principalities and rulers of darkness in high places.  There is a battle for your very soul Caelin.  Not what Sammy would call faking or trying to get attention.  This is a spiritual battle for you my sister    ( and yes by faith I call you sister)  Receive Christ and take up your armour. He did not intend for you to fight this alone and unarmed.  Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all stand.  This is an evil day. The enemy wishes to take your life, to eternaly seperate you from God who formed you in your mothers womb.  Stand and keep standing.  Christ will contend for you and so will I.  God be with you Caelin.

Love In Christ
Karita

O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteouseness, but for thy great mercies.

Dan 9:18 (KJV)

As intercessors, we must contend for the lost!
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2003, 09:34:07 PM »

Hey guys.

My attempt didn't work again. The pills just made me throw up and pass out. I've been fine since though so they must have gone out of my system.

I can't say I'm exactly pleased to be back in the land of the living, but I thought I should let you know anyway.

Emma

And God will say:
I never knew you!
Never.

Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2003, 10:36:05 PM »

Broken, Do you read the Bible?

Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2003, 10:38:19 PM »

Paul2,

Yes, quite a lot. Mostly the Psalms at the moment.

And God will say:
I never knew you!
Never.

Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2003, 12:30:29 AM »

Broken,

Read the four gospels and pray first for the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the truth. Read about Jesus and the love he had. He layed his hands on lepers who had no human contact since they became infected. Let the person of Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, be your focal point.

The Bible is truth. You need to stay alive and find the truth. Your still here because God is not done with you. God could have let you go and you might have ended up in hell, I don't know if your saved or not. God hasn't let go. The Holy Spirit has drawn you here for a reason. You have to seek the truth.

Jesus paid for you with His life blood so you could be forgiven and receive eternal life. He allowed himself to be beaten, have his beard torn out, allowed people to spit on him and march him to Calvery where he allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross and die to save you. He was raised from the dead and now lives and sits at God's right hand to intercede for you.

Read the Gospels and let your heart feel the love Jesus had for people. He reached out to the down trodden, the poor, the sinners, people just like us. Somehow he felt we were worth saving. Each Gospel shows a perspective of Jesus.

In Matthew he is presented as King Messiah
     In Mark he is presented as a Servant of man
     In Luke he is presented as a man
     In John he is presented as Deity

Each Gospel shows a different perspective. It takes all four gospels to get the whole picture.

God is calling out to you in many ways including Holy Spirit filled believers. Please don't mock the call of God anymore with thoughts of suicide. You don't want to lose you eternal life or end up in a coma on life support.

God has reached out to you but now you must respond and reach out to Him. I know the Bible is true. I've spent years studing it. I studied prophecy and ancient history looking for flaws so I could write off the Bible. The more I studied the more truth I found instead.

You stay alive and seek God, He'll show you awesome things. Man says show me and I'll believe. God says believe and I'll show you. Faith was always there first before Jesus would heal anyone.

Time for you to really meet Jesus. The four Gospels are the place to start. Confess to God that your Broken, He already knows but its a starting point. He knows everything about you and He still loves you. He knows your pain and sorrow and seeks to wipe away your tears. Please read the gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Then accept Jesus as your Savior, He died for you. He shed His blood 2,000 years ago knowing that we would all go astray and He provided Himself to redeem us. Please don't mock His shed blood.

Something brought you this far, it was God but you may not realize it yet. Ask God to make His word the Bible real to you. It is the living word of God. The Holy Spirit will show you things you were blind to before. I pray that the Holy Spirit guide you to the truth.

Let your heart be open to God and seek a relationship with Jesus. Don't start thinking your not worthy. None of us are but that didn't stop Jesus from offering Himself on the cross to save us. Jesus wants to save you. He wants to give you eternal life and a destiny that brings you to Him forever.

Satan hates us. Satan is the one who tells us were no good. He hates the fact that God loves us. He hates the fact that Jesus has already paid for our redemption with His own blood. Your pardon and ticket to Heaven was nailed to a cross 2,000 years ago in the person of Jesus Christ and Satan can't do anything about it except try and trick us out of accepting the gift of eternal life through Jesus.

Satan wants you. Satan wants you to throw away your life and share his fate in Hell. God wants you to. He wants to start an eternal relationship with you and to bring you to be with him when your life on earth is over.

This is our learning ground, we suffer and learn here. God uses this life to teach us and to develope us into who we will be. You still have a purpose. Only God knows what it is but I know suicide is not Gods will but the will of Satan.

Pray for understanding and forgiveness and accept Jesus as your Savior. He is the Son of God and God in the flesh.
Read the four Gospels and let God melt your heart. May God richly bless you and give you comfort and peace.

Paul2

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2003, 08:48:41 AM »

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2003, 05:56:58 PM »

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2003, 08:08:42 PM »

Hey Paul2,

Read the four gospels and pray first for the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the truth. Read about Jesus and the love he had. He layed his hands on lepers who had no human contact since they became infected. Let the person of Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, be your focal point.

I have read them before, but I'll read them again. I tend to find the old testament more interesting Smiley most of the time. I like John's Gospel though.

God has reached out to you but now you must respond and reach out to Him. I know the Bible is true. I've spent years studing it. I studied prophecy and ancient history looking for flaws so I could write off the Bible. The more I studied the more truth I found instead.

The thing is, I can disregard the flaws I have read of, I can reconcile all those arguments, if only I can be sure. I find it hard, some days, to even see why God should exist. It all seems silly, nothing more. And even if I can get an intellectual faith, which I've managed before - I cannot make it real, I can say that I believe, but I cannot believe totally. That is the problem I have - and its not one I can see an answer to.

And God will say:
I never knew you!
Never.

Bolted against me.
-Cowper
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2003, 08:20:08 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Broken & Sammy,

Here's the truth: It's time for you to seek Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, ask forgiveness, and ask for guidance in taking a positive path for your life. If you are ready to investigate this, all you have to do is ask. There are lots of people here who have prayed for both of you, and there are lots of people here who will help you.

In Christ.

Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2003, 08:43:16 PM »

The thing is, blackeyedpeas, I have asked, time and time again for years now. And....nothing. I still can't find faith. I can pray till my kneecaps fall off but its still only words, there is nothing I can grasp there.

It doesn't seem to matter how often I repent, how often I pray the "sinners prayer", how often I ask salvation, how often I pray, how often I read the Bible......still nothing. Its just words.

I'm beginning to think I lost my chance at this. That once an apostate, always an apostate, no more shots at redemption.  Sad

And God will say:
I never knew you!
Never.

Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the