Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Could you pray for me?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could you pray for me?  (Read 17700 times)
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2003, 10:04:49 PM »

Hi Broken,

I'm really sorry to hear that!!!!!! Not really sure what to say, but I am glad your atempt didn't work!!!!! If you need someone to talk to we are here for you. Everyone here has you in their prayers.

I'm praying you get back to your good place, soon!

God knows your problems, please pray that he lifts the weight off of you, so you can begin to recover. I know he hears our prayers but he wants to hear from you as well. Please open your heart to him tell him all your fears and worries and ask him to remove them from you. And he will do that for you. He is the only way to get through this. Please trust in him.

Do you get the Family life radio station in the UK? That is a really great ministry. I listen to it everyday. It's really growing on me. At first the music didn't appeal to me, but with each day I listen the music is growing on me.

We are all praying for ya, I know you going to pull through this!!                        God Bless and Good night
                                          Terri

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2003, 10:43:53 PM »

Ah, unfortunately that hopeful note didn't last.
I OD'd last night, and spent the night and today in hospital, hooked up to heart monitoring machines and shaking like someone with the DTs from the drugs. Had to have some long conversations with a psychiatrist, but I was allowed to refuse their offer of a week or two in a mental hospital, and I'm back home now.

Hello Broken,

I pray that you are at a turning point in your life. You already know there is another direction you could take. Maybe some quiet time and some counseling wouldn't be all that bad. There is nothing to be ashamed of in accepting help and counseling. That one or two week stay might be just what you need to make up your mind and be determined to go in a positive direction. I bet they would let you bring your Bible with you. I don't know where you live, but a voluntary sign-in in Oklahoma also means a voluntary sign-out. They might also be able to change or stabilize your medication and make you feel better about making positive decisions for your future.

I'm not trying to push you into doing something you don't want to do. I'm simply asking you to think about it and maybe give it a chance. In Oklahoma, the stay and the medication would be free. If the same is true where you live, it's worth considering.

In the meantime, I promise that many will be praying for you. Jesus does not want you to harm yourself: He wants you just as you are to yield and follow HIM. The Holy Bible describes many things of the world as walking in darkness. Think of darkness as many of the things you know are wrong and make you feel bad. You can choose to turn your back to those things and WALK WITH JESUS IN THE LIGHT.

I pray that God will lead you away from the darkness and INTO THE LIGHT OF JESUS CHRIST. I ask these things in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2003, 11:27:45 PM »

Thank you, bep...  
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2003, 12:58:15 PM »

Hmmm, I wonder how Broken is doing today.  Should be about 5 or 6 p.m. on Sunday eve, in UK, about now...

goinhome
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2003, 09:44:04 PM »

Praying for you broken!
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2003, 07:34:29 PM »

Not so good, Symphony.

Looks like there won't be any need to voluntarily sign myself in, blackeyedpeas, my psychiatrist is talking about having me put away for an indefinite time by the state for being a danger to self.

Sad

Which means I can say goodbye to any hope of employment or a good relationship with my family anymore.

Which naturally gives me a lot of reason not to make another attempt at suicide.  Roll Eyes  

Anyway, I've not had the energy to even think about praying, or about God lately. I don't really see the point. Sorry for wasting all your time.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2003, 11:05:14 PM »

"...put away..?."  Hmmmmm...

That is some HEAVY stuff, Broken.

The Lord can work miracles there, too, Broken.  WhereEVER we are...

Believe Jesus, believe Jesus, believe Jesus...

I'm praying for you RIGHT NOW...(In Jesus' Name)

(smilie face here)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2003, 05:33:08 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Broken,

You didn't waste our time. We have been praying for you, and we will continue to pray for you. Try to look at things in a positive light and use this opportunity to turn your life around in a direction that will have you happy and make your family proud. The direction you were going was down, and worries about job and acceptance should be the last thing you think about. Your opportunities for a good job and acceptance by your family will be much better when you head in the right direction.

I pray that you take this opportunity to pray for guidance and healing. You are very young and have your whole life ahead of you. Welcome the treatment and welcome JESUS. I ask these things in the name of JESUS. Amen.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2003, 10:55:54 AM »

Are you still around, Broken?

Wow, Broken, things certainly changed since last Fall.  Did you know I still have a lot of your posts, from then, (hehe)?
goinhome
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2003, 12:48:04 PM »

Sweet sister, you are NOT a waste of time! God created you with purpose and he loves you. He has promised to finish what he started in you and this will be!!

We will continue to pray for you. May God keep you in his care and give you the grace to walk this thing out. He will be there with you.

God Bless you!
chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2003, 09:53:03 PM »

Broken,

What an interesting name!  The idea behind it,  I am unsure of but I could not help but observe it and was compelled to explore to learn more about what you had to say.  Broken to me implies many things, mostly not good but one good thing is a broken spirit for God.  Let the Lord have complete control over your person,  in mind, in body, in spirit,  to be "broken".  This could be most liberating to you and will help to heal you of the depression! Undecided

Chanelle
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2003, 01:36:41 PM »

Thanks for all your prayers, but this is probably going to be my last post.

I read the Mental Health Act last night, and discovered that if my psychiatrist so chooses, I can be imprisoned forever, without trial, without right to appeal, without any rights at all. If I escape the police have to take me back. They can perform any medical things they want to on me without my consent, without even informing me if they so choose. I don't even get the right to have a second opinion.

I am not going through that. If you get sectioned, no one will ever employ you again, because the popular perception is that the only people who get sectioned are murderous psychopaths - naturally no one wants to employ you after that.

Anyway I've decided to make another, and hopefully successful attempt. I've made my preparations and I only have to wait another day, because I promised a friend I'd do something for her, then I can go.

Thanks again for your prayers. Assuming there is an afterlife, I'll let you know when you get there whether they were effective lol.

Emma

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
chanelle

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2003, 11:01:32 PM »

Dear Broken,

Jesus loves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please consider all the love and prayers right here for you!!!!!!!!!! God's love for you is so much more and tomorrow is in His hands.  Put your life in His hands also.

Dear Lord,

Please bless broken with your love and peace.  Let all the horrible thoughts flee from this person.  Please restore broken's soul to thee Lord.  Help broken understand that in you all hope is new and your mighty hand is more able to restore and forgive.  Bless broken's heart, mind, body and spirit to the will of you, My God.  In your loving almighty name I ask you Lord of my life.  Amen.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2003, 09:32:50 PM »

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength."
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2003, 09:41:24 PM »

You're really unhappy, huh, Broken?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the