Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Current Mid East Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Current Mid East Crisis  (Read 9812 times)
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 08:54:28 PM »

2nd Timothy and All,

I think that everyone will see bits and pieces about end of this age thoughts in many threads all over the forum. This subject has come up in many ways, but I think that the most important one regards witnessing to the lost and prayerfully doing the Will of GOD. There are also many thoughts and prayers that GOD will give us strength to keep doing His Will until the very moment that HE comes to take us home. I obviously think this is very important whether this age of Grace is coming to an end or not.

I really don't know how many Christians feel about this subject. I'm sad to say that many probably don't have a clue and haven't studied their Bibles enough to even recognize the possible signs of our times. Many of these same folks appear to be asleep and not very interested to seek and do the Will of GOD. For them, it appears to be just life as usual and no real motivation to do the LORD'S Will and Work.

BUT, for many this is a happy and joyous time, one of anticipation. However, these are the same Christians who would be happy and joyous serving the LORD with or without the possibility of HIS soon Glorious Appearing. YES! , I believe that JESUS CHRIST will Rapture His Church soon. TODAY would be wonderful!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 NASB  But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 02:08:03 AM »

I'll add a triple AMEN brother!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 03:17:20 AM »

Amen

Isaiah 17:2  The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Aroer meaning ruins

Isaiah 17:3  The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.

Ephraim is in West Bank if I'm not mistaken.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 03:21:20 AM »

Ephraim is in West Bank if I'm not mistaken.

I think you are right atc.   I have some notes tucked away somewhere that explains that.......but can't seem to locate it.

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »

The fields of Ephraim comprise the entirety of the northern two-thirds of the unannexed territories commonly called the West Bank.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 03:05:24 PM »

I forgot that I had a few maps showing Ephraim.  (at least in ancient times)

Ephraim seen here near the bottom middle, where as PR pointed out, would be basically the west bank today.

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 08:24:30 PM »

I'm wondering, if any of y'all caught Annan speech. When Annan said "the threat to peace, in mideast must be removed."  This has been weighting on my mind today. I believe it was brought up by the Lord.

Anyway, what are some of your thoughts?  I have my own but want to see, what y'all think.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 09:01:33 PM »

Thanks Brothers. I got a new computer and I have no idea what is wrong with the old one. Most of my notes, all my maps and addresses/links are on it. I downloaded a program called e-Sword that beats my 66 notepads of the Bible hands down.

@DreamWeaver

Sorry I have no idea of who your talking about.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 09:08:07 PM »

Annan is the head of the U.N.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 11:10:09 PM »

Thanks, I haven't seen anything from the UN for some now.

@2T

I found a 12 Tribes map at http://www.biblemaps.com/onlinemaps/12tribes.html. It's a really nice map, but your unable to save picture as.... They do have other maps at http://www.biblemaps.com/. I just remember I'm first post I made here at CU in a thread you made looking for maps.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 05:01:44 AM »

Hello At_The_Cross,

You mentioned that you just got e-Sword. I wanted to let you know that there are several excellent map packages for e-Sword that are FREE. First, there is a separate area on e-Sword for maps, and there is also a link for FREE modules made my e-Sword users. There is an outstanding map package in the "made by e-Sword users area. I must add that many of the "made by e-Sword users" modules are simply old and out of copyright works, and there are more of them popping up every day. You will also find many more e-Sword modules in other places if you do a Google search for "e-Sword".

If you installed e-Sword from a CD, you probably already have some maps on your computer that you don't know about. Look in the top right portion of your tool-bar. One will be labeled "Graphics Viewer", and the other one "Step Reader". I have all kinds of outstanding FREE stuff for both of them. As you probably already know, the material doesn't have to be new to be excellent. On top of that, several publishers authorized e-Sword to give away NEW material out of the goodness of their Christian hearts. Holler if I can help you with anything. I'm an addicted user of e-Sword and really enjoy it as an all-in-one outstanding Bible study package.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:7 NASB  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 05:09:41 AM »

Amen brother Tom, I tried many of the other Bible programs, even several that required money to purchase yet none of them stack up to e-sword with all of it's capabilities and reliability.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 05:48:23 AM »

Pastor Roger,

You just reminded me of something I said I would do for you recently: make a directory listing of the material I have for e-Sword and share with you on what you would like. I'll try to send that list to you today. I am also experimenting in making my own modules for e-Sword, and I don't think it will be nearly as difficult as I first thought. The first few things I would like to do is make some modules out of very old and incredibly beautiful sermons and Christian poetry. I recently joined several e-Sword user groups, and many of them are working on the same thing. The authoring programs for e-Sword are also completely FREE, so there is no investment except time. I was very surprised to find out that the authoring software is very easy to use. Watch your email today for a list.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 06:21:33 AM »

Sorry 2T for going off topic.

Hello At_The_Cross,

You mentioned that you just got e-Sword. I wanted to let you know that there are several excellent map packages for e-Sword that are FREE. First, there is a separate area on e-Sword for maps, and there is also a link for FREE modules made my e-Sword users. There is an outstanding map package in the "made by e-Sword users area. I must add that many of the "made by e-Sword users" modules are simply old and out of copyright works, and there are more of them popping up every day. You will also find many more e-Sword modules in other places if you do a Google search for "e-Sword".

If you installed e-Sword from a CD, you probably already have some maps on your computer that you don't know about. Look in the top right portion of your tool-bar. One will be labeled "Graphics Viewer", and the other one "Step Reader". I have all kinds of outstanding FREE stuff for both of them. As you probably already know, the material doesn't have to be new to be excellent. On top of that, several publishers authorized e-Sword to give away NEW material out of the goodness of their Christian hearts. Holler if I can help you with anything. I'm an addicted user of e-Sword and really enjoy it as an all-in-one outstanding Bible study package.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:7 NASB  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

In post 22 I made a link in Red for e-Sword were I Downloaded it from. I never knew you could buy the CD though. While downloading e-Sword and update, I notice a drop down with other great things for e-Sword. Like Classic(0.98MB), Mediterranean(6.73 MB), American Bible Society(3.06 MB) maps, but found Bible Atlas Maps(18.2MB) doing a Google as you suggested Tom. I did some reading on e-Sword and found out about what Graphics was. Moving the Maps around inside that window is awesome. Although I'm still unable to copy the map for Desktop.

Amen brother Tom, I tried many of the other Bible programs, even several that required money to purchase yet none of them stack up to e-sword with all of it's capabilities and reliability.

Really, I have a lot to learn like comparing other Bibles(KJV-New Standard-etc..) with just a click. This is better than a new car...well, you know what I mean, I'm sure.

Pastor Roger,

You just reminded me of something I said I would do for you recently: make a directory listing of the material I have for e-Sword and share with you on what you would like. I'll try to send that list to you today. I am also experimenting in making my own modules for e-Sword, and I don't think it will be nearly as difficult as I first thought. The first few things I would like to do is make some modules out of very old and incredibly beautiful sermons and Christian poetry. I recently joined several e-Sword user groups, and many of them are working on the same thing. The authoring programs for e-Sword are also completely FREE, so there is no investment except time. I was very surprised to find out that the authoring software is very easy to use. Watch your email today for a list.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thats sounds great to hear, Tom.
BTW: You should make a "sticky thread" for e-Sword
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:37:49 AM by at_the_Cross » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 06:32:14 AM »

I'll be watching for it Brother Tom.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the