Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Current Mid East Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Current Mid East Crisis  (Read 9811 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2006, 05:30:56 PM »

I have been away from the board for a while, so maybe I am missing a lot in other threads.   I do find it currious that other than the news threads, there seems to be little discussion going on about the situation in Israel.   Am I the only one that sees a potential for huge prophetic implications with this?   I know DW and Pastor Roger are posting news like wildfire  Cheesy.   Anyone else paying attention to this situation?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 05:02:38 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:37:16 PM »

I have been away from the board for a while, so maybe I am missing a lot in other threads.   I do find it currious that other than the news threads, there seems to be little discussion going on about the situation in Israel.   Am I the only one that sees a potential for huge prophetic implications with this?
Brother, I think theres been alot of reading of the news threads.  I've seen them go up in readings.  I do see/think Matthew 24:6 happening right now.  If you think about this, it's a war, but not a war.  For those of you who don't know, Matthew 24:6.......

Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened or troubled, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »

No doubt many are reading headlines threads.   Just surprised I guess that not many are actually discussing them...lol

BTW, I do believe I have seen you on another BB from time to time...maybe not?   Bob!  I would be the one with 6 fingers  Wink

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

Hi brother. We have had an occassional thread pop up here and there on this from others but there hasn't been much discussion on it. I would hope they are aware of it and watching things closely.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »

I for one am keeping my eye on the news. I too wonder if this could be prophetic. Everytime Israel gets into a conflict this same thought pops into my mind. As a matter of fact.. early this morning when I checked on this forum in this category of "prophecy-current events', there where no new replies or topics and my first thought was... "did I miss the rapture?" Cause usually there are lots of News that are posted first thing/early morning.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 06:44:39 PM »

"did I miss the rapture?"

Nope Brother Bob just didn't get here this morning.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »

Nope Brother Bob just didn't get here this morning.

No I was quite busy yesterday. When I did finally get on, I was to tired to post much.  Almost all yesterday was dealing with whats happening, in the mid-east.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 07:10:35 PM »

There have been many eruptions of violence in the ME in recent history.  I believe that Psalms 83 was largely fulfilled in the 1948 war, but the Syrian connection to the current crisis is coming to the fore front with every passing hour it seems.  I do have some ideas where I think this might be headed as far as scripture is concerned, but I will hold my tongue on those for now.

One certainty, as always, is that UN will step in and try to force Israel to back off.   Probably the most intriguing thing out of all of this is Bush not following along in that regard.  Every Pres in recent past has stepped in when things heat up in the Mid East and try to calm Israel down.   Even Reagan did that.   This is notably absent with Bush.   Not that I disagree with that approach, however  Wink.    The whole thing just seems different this time.   Arab nations, while not too happy, seem to be laying low, and quiet.  Bush is letting Israel do its thang.   Syria and Iran rattling their sabers, but not really doing much (yet).   Just seems out of character for a lot of things we are used to seeing when fighting breaks out with Israel and its foes.   Anyone else see this at all?

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:20:29 PM »

Yup, this is different, then in the past brother. 

And duty calls again, so I'll see y'all later. Least I'll see y'all after, I make this other post., I'm about to make.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 12:03:32 AM »

I do find it currious that other than the news threads, there seems to be little discussion going on

I thought the same thing some time ago.

There have been many eruptions of violence in the ME in recent history.  I believe that Psalms 83 was largely fulfilled in the 1948 war, but the Syrian connection to the current crisis is coming to the fore front with every passing hour it seems.  I do have some ideas where I think this might be headed as far as scripture is concerned, but I will hold my tongue on those for now.

I thought about Isaiah 17 with Bush swearing about Syria.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 12:41:46 AM »

I thought about Isaiah 17 with Bush swearing about Syria.
Yes I've been thinking about Isaiah 17, as well. Just goes to show, Bush is human. And he has lapses, as all of us humans.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 05:46:31 AM »

Yeah, I admit Isa 17 rings like a bell in my mind as well.  If I read it right, it would seem Syria must be dealt with before the Gog and Magog war, as Syria seems to be ominously missing in Eze 38 and 39.

Only God knows for sure how this will play out.  We can only watch it unfold in awe and prayerfulness.     

Tim

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »

I must admit that as a baby Christian I am still playing catch up. I have not read the prophecies with the exception of the revelation, and get much of the information from the specific scripture you all post. I must admit that my pace of reading has quickened, I want to get it all in so I don't miss any of the signs Grin

While I still focus on Him and need to redouble my efforts toward friends and family.....that none will be lost.

BIC

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 11:07:22 AM »

2nd Timothy and All,

I think that everyone will see bits and pieces about end of this age thoughts in many threads all over the forum. This subject has come up in many ways, but I think that the most important one regards witnessing to the lost and prayerfully doing the Will of GOD. There are also many thoughts and prayers that GOD will give us strength to keep doing His Will until the very moment that HE comes to take us home. I obviously think this is very important whether this age of Grace is coming to an end or not.

I really don't know how many Christians feel about this subject. I'm sad to say that many probably don't have a clue and haven't studied their Bibles enough to even recognize the possible signs of our times. Many of these same folks appear to be asleep and not very interested to seek and do the Will of GOD. For them, it appears to be just life as usual and no real motivation to do the LORD'S Will and Work.

BUT, for many this is a happy and joyous time, one of anticipation. However, these are the same Christians who would be happy and joyous serving the LORD with or without the possibility of HIS soon Glorious Appearing. YES! , I believe that JESUS CHRIST will Rapture His Church soon. TODAY would be wonderful!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 NASB  But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 11:17:29 AM »

Amen Brother Tom

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the