Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  U.N. versus Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.N. versus Israel  (Read 12242 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:57 AM »

AMEN Sister when they do they know,  it will be to late.  To late to fly with the rest of us, I believe.
================================================================

UN paid for 'Palestinian' terror
Families of Israeli victims hold world body responsible

By Ryan Jones
Jul 12, 2006

In turning a blind eye for more than five years to oil-for-food scandals that were putting millions into the pockets of Saddam Hussein and his cronies in Iraq, the United Nations indirectly helped to finance the terrorist murder of Israeli Jews at the hands of Hussein's "Palestinian" allies.

The families of those terror victims are now speaking out in a new book titled "The UN Exposed: How the United Nations Sabotages America's Security and Fails the World" by Fox News Channel's Eric Shawn.

As reported by WorldNetDaily's Aaron Klein, the book features damning quotes from several bereaved Israeli mothers and fathers, including Miri Avitan, whose son Assaf was killed in Jerusalem by a "suicide" bomber in December 2001.

"The UN is partly responsible for the death of my son. Money that was meant for the Iraqi (people) got to Saddam and he wrote a check to reward the murderers of my kid.

"(The checks from Hussein enabled by the UN) helped enforce the culture of terrorism."

For years Hussein wrote checks in the sum of USD 25,000 to the families of Palestinian Arab suicide bombers, providing further incentive for the more destitute elements of "Palestinian" society to take part in the slaughter of Israel's Jews by guaranteeing the short-term financial well being of their loved ones.

Checks of USD 10,000 were issued to the families of "Palestinians" killed in acts of aggression other than "suicide" bombings.

In all, the Hussein regime paid out more than USD 35 million in UN-provided funds for the murder of Israeli Jews.

UN paid for 'Palestinian' terror

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 09:45:46 PM »

Quotes from urgent UN session on Israel, Lebanon
14 Jul 2006 18:56:56 GMT
Source: Reuters

UNITED NATIONS, July 14 (Reuters) - Following are comments made at an emergency U.N. Security Council meeting on the crisis between Israel and Lebanon.

-- Lebanese Ambassador Nouhad Mahmoud: "Israel's disregard of the calls made by the Lebanese government (for negotiations) is clear evidence of the escalatory intentions of the Israelis and their determination to kill and destroy, thus implementing the scorched earth policy for which they are known."

-- Israeli Ambassador Dan Gillerman: "Israel had to respond to this absolutely unprovoked assault whose scale and depth was unprecedented in recent years ... Israel's actions were in direct response to an act of war from Lebanon. Although Israel holds the government of Lebanon responsible, it is concentrating its response carefully, mainly on Hizbollah strongholds, positions and infrastructure."

-- U.S. Ambassador John Bolton: "We have repeatedly made clear to Lebanon and Syria our serious concern about the presence of terrorist groups on their soil and the periodic attacks against Israel from groups and individuals in southern Lebanon. All militias in Lebanon, including Hizbollah, must disarm and disband immediately and the Lebanese government must extend and exercise its sole and exclusive control over all Lebanese territory."

-- Syrian Ambassador Bashar Jaafari (speaking outside the council chamber): "Unfortunately the behavior of the American delegation is not the behavior of a big power, responsible for maintaining peace and security. It is about degrading (a) deteriorating situation and encouraging Israel to go ahead with its aggression against Syria and maybe someone else in the area."

-- French Ambassador Jean-Marc de la Sabliere: "By its magnitude and its nature, the Israeli response threatens to annihilate Lebanese government efforts to revive the country's economy and restore its authority throughout its territory."

-- Ghanaian Ambassador Nana Effah-Apenteng: "The Middle East crisis revolves around the Palestinian question, which boils down to the achievement of an independent and viable state for the Palestinians within internationally recognized boundaries."

-- Slovak Deputy Ambassador Michal Mlynar: "We believe there is still a window of opportunity for the Palestinian and Israeli governments to put the peace process on the right track."

-- British Ambassador Emyr Jones Parry: "Our priority must be to calm the situation, support the moderates on all sides, and create conditions for a peaceful, diplomatic resolution. Focusing on finding fault will not help us in that endeavor."

Quotes from urgent UN session on Israel, Lebanon
=================================================

How often have we heard, the critisism of the U.S. being the world's policeman? Only when the critics needs a world policeman do they come out of the woodwork screaming, and crying for the U.S. to intervene.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »

Annan criticizes both sides in conflict

By EDITH M. LEDERER, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Kofi Annan called Thursday for an immediate halt to the escalating conflict between Israel and Lebanon's Hezbollah militia but said there were "serious obstacles to reaching a cease-fire."

Annan said Hezbollah's actions in launching rockets into Israel and abducting Israeli soldiers "hold an entire nation hostage" and set back prospects for Middle East peace.

But he also condemned Israel's "excessive use of force" and collective punishment of the Lebanese people, saying it had triggered a humanitarian crisis.

Annan criticizes both sides in conflict

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 12:15:39 PM »

Annan's criticism of Hezbillah seemed a bit too tongue in cheek to me.

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »

International Convention against the Taking of Hostages
(New York, 17 December 1979)

OBJECTIVES 

The objective of the Convention is to develop international cooperation between States in devising and adopting effective measures for the prevention, prosecution and punishment of all acts of taking hostages as manifestations of international terrorism.

KEY PROVISIONS

The act of hostage-taking for the purposes of the Convention refers to any person who seizes or detains and threatens to kill, to injure or to continue to detain a hostage in order to compel a State, an international intergovernmental organization, a natural or juridical person, or a group of persons, to do or abstain from doing any act as an explicit or implicit condition for the release of the hostage.  Any person also commits such an offence if that person attempts to commit an offence as set forth above or participates as an accomplice of anyone who commits or attempts to commit an act of hostage-taking.

Each State party is required to make this offence punishable by appropriate penalties. Where hostages are held in the territory of a State party, the State party is obliged to take all measures it considers appropriate to ease the situation of the hostages and secure their release. After the release of the hostages, the State party is also required to facilitate the departure of the hostages. State parties are additionally obliged to cooperate with each other in the prevention of acts of hostage-taking.

Each State party is obligated to take such actions as may be necessary to establish jurisdiction over the offence of hostage-taking as set forth above.  States parties are also required to take alleged offenders into custody, prosecute or extradite alleged offenders, cooperate in preventive measures, and exchange information and evidence needed in related criminal proceedings. The offences referred to in the Convention are deemed to be extraditable offences between States parties under existing extradition treaties, and under the Convention itself.

ENTRY INTO FORCE       

The Convention entered into force on 3 June 1983, the thirtieth day following the date of deposit with the Secretary-General of the United Nations of the twenty-second instrument of ratification or accession (article 18).

HOW TO BECOME A PARTY           

The Convention is closed for signature. It is subject to ratification by signatory States. The Convention is open to accession by any State (article 17).

OPTIONAL AND/OR MANDATORY DECLARATIONS       

The State party where an alleged offender is prosecuted shall communicate the final outcome of the proceedings to the Secretary-General of the United Nations (article 7).

RESERVATIONS   

The Convention is silent with regard to reservations.  States may declare that they do not consider themselves bound by article 16(1), according to which disputes among States parties relating to the interpretation or application of the Convention which are not settled by negotiation will be submitted to arbitration and, failing agreement on the organization of the arbitration six months after the date of the request for arbitration, to the International Court of Justice (article 16).

WITHDRAWAL/DENUNCIATION       

Any State party may denounce this Convention by written notification to the Secretary-General of the United Nations. Such denunciation shall take effect one year following the date on which the notification is received by the Secretary-General (article 19).

International Convention against the Taking of Hostages
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And how do they enforce this treaty??  They can't, because it is uneforceable.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »

Yup, I was watching

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 12:25:18 PM »

Hezbollah claimed Israel blew up a mosc, and this is refuted by an on site investigation. the witness said it did appear to be a building under construction, but not a mosc. There did appear to be an underground bunker within the building.

Looks like they might have lied Shocked

Gary

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »

I agree. A statement made just to keep him from looking bad and not heartfelt as it was when he criticized Israel for bombing them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »

Looks like they might have lied Shocked

Does that really surprise you. A normal tactic of theirs to make Israel look bad for protecting themselves.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 12:50:03 PM »

Does that really surprise you. A normal tactic of theirs to make Israel look bad for protecting themselves.

Nope

Gary

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 12:56:04 PM »

Figure in as well brother, the koran allows them to lie.

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 01:00:31 PM »

Figure in as well brother, the koran allows them to lie.

Nice.......I knew there was something wrong there Grin

Although I really was not aware of that. Good to know.

Gary

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 01:14:26 PM »

Most muslims are familiar with the principles of islam that will justify lying in situations where they sense the need to do so. Among these are;

War is deception.
The necessities justify the forbidden.
If faced by two evils, choose the lesser of the two.

These principles are derived from passages found in the quran.

Surah 5:89 "Allah will not call you to account for what is futile in your oaths, but He will call you to account for your deliberate oaths: for expiation, feed ten indigent persons, on a scale of the average for the food of your families; or clothe them; or give a slave his freedom. If that is beyond your means, fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths ye have sworn. But keep to your oaths. Thus doth Allah make clear to you His signs, that ye may be grateful."

Surah 2:225 "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness (vain) in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing."

Surah 16: 106 "Any one who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters Unbelief, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty."

Islamic commentator, Al-Tabary explained Surah 16:106 as a verse that had been revealed to Mohammed after he learned that Ammar Ibn Yasser was forced to deny his faith in Mohammed when kidnapped by the Banu Moghera tribe. Mohammed consoled Ammar by telling him, "If they turned, you turn." (if they again capture you, you are allowed to deny me again.)

These and similar passages from the quran clearly reveal that muslims' unintentional lies are forgivable and that even their intentional lies can be absolved by performing extra duties. It is also clear that if forced to do so, Muslims can lie while under oath and can even falsely deny faith in Allah, as long as they maintain the profession of faith in their hearts.

I really hate quoting the koran, it is nothing but lies.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 07:51:46 PM »

I'm wondering, if any of y'all caught Annan speech. When Annan said "the threat to peace, in mideast must be removed."  This has been on my mind today. I believe it was brought up by the Lord. 

Anyway, what are some of your thoughts?  I have my own but want to see, what y'all think.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 08:37:57 PM »

The manner that he has been talking before I am sure that he meant Israel.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the