Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Unequally yoked
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unequally yoked  (Read 23171 times)
danielleenbody

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:01:44 PM »

I am a Christian woman, married with a 2 yr old daughter and a 7yr old step son. I have a great, hard working husband who is a non-believer. He was brought up by his mother, who "abandoned" him for God when he was about 9. He doesn't understand that that was her mistake not God's. We have a great marraige but the spirituality bond is not there. He is not a practicing "atheist" so to speak (he calls himself a "realist", but he believes in no God, no devil, no heaven, no hell. He has a foul mouth but cleans it up around the children. He loves gambling and drinking beers on the weekend (which hasn't gotten out of control) It's kind of like that saying "If you don't believe in anything, you'll fall for anything". I take my daughter to church and say prayers before bedtime with my step son....but it's hard. I think about the end times and our future together. I love him very much and pray for him and his family's salvation. Please pray for our family.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »

Danielle you definitely have my prayers. Continue to pray for your husband's salvation. My husband was an unbeliever, and I just kept right on praying, praying very hard. Sometimes satan tested my patience and even though I would get angry at my husband I prayed all the more. Things were not easy, but Praise God, and to God be all the glory, one day after satan tested my patience and I prayed all day, I went and asked my husband if he would drive me to church the next day, (I was stepping out on a limb) he said yes but was very angry and hostile towards me, (he had given me a choice, either God or him) I chose God, anyway to make a long story short, that Sunday morning I got up to get ready for church and found him all dressed up sitting in the living room. I asked him if he was going out he said "Yes to church with you".  Cheesy
I was so happy I took a shower praising and worshipping God. Don't give up Sister, your breakthrough may be just one prayer away. I am praying already for you.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 05:14:47 PM »

Danielle, though I am a guy I will pray for you sister.  I will also be praying for your husband, to come to Jesus Christ.

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »

Sometimes I feel like, "This is just the way it is". I will always be the believer and he will always be the non-believer and that is just the enemy talking. Maybe I just don't understand people who don't believe. It's just kind of like, "What would it hurt to try".......
Thanks for the prayers and response 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

Hi danielleenbody,

My prayers will be for you all also. Never give up even if it is meant to be this way, the Lord can work miracles and we don't always know what he has in store for us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 06:19:37 PM »

So true. Thank you for the response.
Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:16:14 PM »

Dear Sister,
I, too am unequally yoked in my marriage. Although I was going to church, I was not following God's will for my life. I married my husband after I had moved in with him. My parents began to take my children to church when my youngest was 3. I have gone through everything from telling God I would not serve him until my husband was saved to loving God with all my heart and serving him daily. I struggled with the thoughts of my husband(and kids) not being in Heaven with me, but I have conitued to put my trust in him. I have had someone speak over me that my husband would be saved and I know that God can save him, but I also know that my husband's will plays a big part on what happens in his life. Just keep the prayers going and your faith will increase. I will pray for your husband and your faith in God to do what seems to be the impossible.
Kathy
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »

I will do the same for you. It's nice to talk about it with others. I just try to be a godly example for the family. I tell my husband I am praying for him but I am done nagging him to turn to Christianity. It does no good. Have you ever read the book, "The Power of a Praying Wife"? It has allot of good praying material in there that's realistic. It's frusterating... but you can't change them to love God and being a believer, it's hard to understand how someone could just believe in nothing... I will keep you in my prayers as well. Don't give up!

thanks,
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »

Sister, I have that book the Power of a Praying Wife, all we could do is pray for our husbands, even if they are born again Christians, they still need prayer, and that book has many prayers, that I'm sure husbands would really appreciate if they knew their wives were praying them for them. We cannot change anyone only God can change them, the only person we can change is our own self and that only with God's help. Let's always remember that the Bible tells uss to honor our husbands, so we may win them without a word. We don't need to nag them or make them go to church with us, all we have to do is pray, and follow God's Word.
I am praying for you sisters, and for your husband's. I thank God everyday that my husband finally accepted the Lord as his Savior, but that was after many tears and years of praying, I had to change first in order for him to change. One thing that we should all remember is that all of us are a work in progress, untill the Lord return for us.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »

Thank you for the advice. I love to hear stories of salvation. Prayer is so powerful  Smiley
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »

Sister,
My prayers will be with you and your family.  You said it the best yourself "
He doesn't understand that that was her mistake not God's.
and the Lord never makes a mistake.  That includes you, your husband, your family, and the situations we as Christians face in this life (and that should be an encouraging thought  Cheesy).  May you continue to look upon the Lord for guidance.
Blessings to you!
-Am-
p.s.  I understand this was posted in the womens section and I am a guy, but when it comes to family sometimes drastic measures must be taken Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:19:42 PM by Amorus » Logged

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »

-Am-
p.s.  I understand this was posted in the womens section and I am a guy, but when it comes to family sometimes drastic measures must be taken Cheesy

Amorus, look around you are not the only guy sneaking a peek, I confess I too visit the for men only thread once in a while  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 02:50:36 PM »

I am a beginner, so the "Just for Women" area was the place I looked first, but I am open to the advice and stories of men and women. Thanks,
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 02:57:13 PM »

Daniell, feel free to look around and post in any area that you find interesting, you may even want to start your own threads, you will feel comfortable in no time. Come on Sister, enjoy. Let's go thread hopping  Grin

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:11 PM »

Amorus, look around you are not the only guy sneaking a peek, I confess I too visit the for men only thread once in a while  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Sister, if memory serves me correctly you have also started a pie fight or two in the mens thread  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the