Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God will get our attention.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God will get our attention.  (Read 3515 times)
christ4me

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »

I had been up and down with church for years, mostly down. I was married with two beautiful girls. I had a great job that I hated. I had a marriage and family that I took for granted. I hated life and was just working to get to tomorrow. A little over a year ago I lost my job. The union said not to worry i would be back quickly. This did not happen, and I was out for 10 months. During this time my wife filed for divorce. The Lord blessed me with my job back after 10 months but now my family is gone. I could barely survive day to day. I thought of killing myself because the pain was so bad inside and I could not get it to go away. All I could think of was my wife and kids. i could barely go to work. Then I started calling christian friends for prayer, I began praying and reading and listening to worship music. Going to church whenever I had the chance. I am back home with my wife and kids and God is restoring this marriage. I thank God for allowing me back under the same roof as my family and I never want to turn my back on him again.

When God decides to get your attention, He will, and their is nothing you can do about it.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 06:06:17 PM »

Hello Christ4me,

Welcome!!

I wouldn't know about the source of the problems you have gone through, but I do know that JESUS CHRIST is the cure for many human problems. I'm very happy to hear that GOD has helped you to get your life back on track. I will be praying for you. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:46:35 AM »

Hello Christ4me,

Welcome!!

I wouldn't know about the source of the problems you have gone through, but I do know that JESUS CHRIST is the cure for many human problems. I'm very happy to hear that GOD has helped you to get your life back on track. I will be praying for you. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

AMEN BEPs, I am praying for you also Christ4me. I don't know if I've even welcomed you to CU, but if I haven't then, welcome to CU  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »

I had been up and down with church for years, mostly down. I was married with two beautiful girls. I had a great job that I hated. I had a marriage and family that I took for granted. I hated life and was just working to get to tomorrow. A little over a year ago I lost my job. The union said not to worry i would be back quickly. This did not happen, and I was out for 10 months. During this time my wife filed for divorce. The Lord blessed me with my job back after 10 months but now my family is gone. I could barely survive day to day. I thought of killing myself because the pain was so bad inside and I could not get it to go away. All I could think of was my wife and kids. i could barely go to work. Then I started calling christian friends for prayer, I began praying and reading and listening to worship music. Going to church whenever I had the chance. I am back home with my wife and kids and God is restoring this marriage. I thank God for allowing me back under the same roof as my family and I never want to turn my back on him again.

When God decides to get your attention, He will, and their is nothing you can do about it.

This was a great story.. Thanks for sharing..... and yes.. KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS!!!
                     Your Sis in Christ.. Tina

StillSmallVoice
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 08:55:50 AM »

What a great story!  I really appreciate your honesty.  If our coming to Christ can be symbolized by 100 steps, He'll take 99 of them.  But we still have to take one.  It's a lengthy, painful, humbling step for some of us.  But you took it, and your testimony has blessed my day.

Thanks for writing, my friend. May your marriage, family, job and life be filled with blessing.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 09:00:56 AM »

Amen SSV, all we have to take is 1 step, and He will take care of all the rest.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:04:28 AM »

Praise God.

Brother, I too had a similar experiance. I gave my life to Christ and over time not only did He heal me but restoresd my marriage and my wife is now a believer too Grin

We have never been so happy as we are in our lives together in Christ and our church home.

Hold fast to His promise and good news.......it will never fail you Grin

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
christ4me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:12:21 PM »

Thanks for all your kind words. God bless each and every one of you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the