Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Rapture....does it matter to me?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rapture....does it matter to me?  (Read 11916 times)
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

Kelly4Jesus,
Your not being a stick in the mud.  I started this thread to get an understanding of how other Christians are viewing this topic, your opinion included.  As a family in Christ we are to encourage one another and most importantly learn from one another, to hear testimony of our brethren, to bring to our family our happiness and grief to, most importantly, give praise to our Lord Jesus for all of these things. 

2nd Timothy,
Thanks for the response.  I have copied the verses down and will do a study myself.  Sounds very interesting. 

May you all be blessed!
-Am-

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 09:58:47 AM »

Hello Amorus,

We have several highly detailed threads about the Rapture already on the forum. If you do a forum search on "Rapture", you should find more material than you could study in years. You will find that we had several excellent studies and several debates that got too hot.

If you have any trouble finding them, holler.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 4:4 NASB  But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 11:29:26 AM »

Brother Tom,
I'm not sure why I didn't think of that, and now that I look I can see the search button very clearly posted above.  Thanks for the reminder!

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 12:09:56 AM »

8)I think that the important thing is that we know it is coming and are prepared.  I think that it is important that we know what is going to take place during the tribulation in case Christ does not rapture us before it starts.  I think that the time of the rapture is irrelevant.  If God wanted us to know the times or date He would have had it written in His book. Smiley

my first love will always be my Lord.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 12:35:54 AM »

If God wanted us to know the times or date He would have had it written in His book. Smiley

This is true

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »

If God wanted us to know the times or date He would have had it written in His book.

Amen!  In fact He says no man knows the day nor the hour.   We were however given the season in discriptive form by Jesus himself.   But certainly not the day nor hour.

Blessings!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »

I don't really believe in the Rapture. that people shouldn't be discussing it so much.I think(whether it's true or not) that Believers should just live their lives as if He is coming today. Because if so many people are are looking & watching for the Rapture & if it doesn't happen,people will STILL be looking for it to happen.

Yours in Yeshua,
                              Curious

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 04:46:04 AM »

There is no doubt that the rapture will indeed happen and we are told to watch and wait for it to pray that we may be considered worthy at that time. Yes, there is a great disagreement as to when it will happen but that does not remove the fact that it will happen as God has promised it will.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 05:24:03 AM »

There is also a growing disagreement IF it is going to happen...true ?

Love in Yeshua,
                                Curious
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »

No there is no growing discussion about if it is going to happen.  The Bible is quite clear that the church will be raptured from the world.  Where there is discussion is when it will happen in relation to the tribulation period.

You are correct however in your previous comments that we should live each day as if it is our last, as if Jesus was coming that day and to be ready for it.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »

little, please put that into paragraphs

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »

My Bad,
Hi Everyone,From what I've gathered from my many yrs. searching the deep & hidden mysteries of Our Father & his words with a prayerful heart.
God will show his hand (not Physically)when he has to shorten the Days so mankind won't Aniallate itself.
It's always been my thought that this is when we would be taken(Raptured),Then the AntiChrist would rise for his 7 yr reign, 3 1/2yrs. of it in Horror.
During these 7 yrs. we are at the Marriage Supper in Heaven.AT the end of these 7 yrs., The Raptured Bride & those that refused to receive the mark of the Beast & the angels of our lord return with Jesus to Rule & Reign for a 1000 yrs.(the 144,00 are still on earth in petra)

During these 1000 yrs. Satan is bound and sealed up in the Pit & unable to tempt Man.After these 1000 yrs. Satan is let loose to gather from the 4 corners of the world and Gog & MaGog to march against us in Jerusalem,Fire will come down out of Heaven from God and devour them ,Satan is then cast into the Lake of Fire where the Beast & false Prophet are.
Then the Sea, Death & Hell shall give up their dead & the Dead will stand before God at the Great White Throne of Judgment & the Books will be opened & then the Book of Life and whosoevers name was not found in it, Is cast into the Lake of Fire.
 Then the New Jerusalem Decends from Heaven and the life giving waters that flow from the throne of God and the trees that bare's the 12 kinds of fruit will be used to Heal this World, Ezekiel says that water will flow to the east & down thru the valley and give life to the Dead Sea & that we will fish their too!
Some will Live in the New Jerusalem and never leave it, The Bible says it measure at 1500 miles wide & 1500 mi. in length and it's as tall as it is wide.
 You all know of it's Beauty as discribed by John, It's 12 gates & it's 12 Foundations....

Revelation 22:
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-==-===-=-=-=-=-=
Ezekiel 47:
7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

10  And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.

11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine. It's strange thing that after all that(1000 reign of Jesus) People will still reject God...
YLBD
Sorry about that
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

The RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST is a BIBLE FACT - A PROMISE FROM GOD! The only disagreement on this matter involves "WHEN".

RAPTURE

KEEP LOOKING UP!

THE RAPTURE WILL BE A REALITY!

1 Thessalonians 4:13 NASB  But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 NASB  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 NASB  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 NASB  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 NASB  Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50 NASB  Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:51 NASB  Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 NASB  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53 NASB  For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:54 NASB  But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55 NASB  "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

1 Corinthians 15:56 NASB  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

1 Corinthians 15:57 NASB  but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:58 NASB  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

AMEN!
I'm ready & waiting, PATIENTLY Cool
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

I believe that Paul says in 2 Tim 4: 8 that we get a crown unto those who love his appearing, so it is very important. Inoticed that some one posted some of rapture verses, but there and other one in Gal 1:4 that speaks of the rapture. The word is EXAIREO which can be translated , deliver,rescue, and to PLUCK OUT, out of this evil age.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the