Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Eyebrows Will Raise
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eyebrows Will Raise  (Read 2165 times)
StillSmallVoice
« on: June 26, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »

In my first-ever post (not long ago), I mentioned the kinks in my church search.  It hasn't been easy.

However -- and I am certain there are those who'll take exception -- I took a firm step forward yesterday, Sunday, June 25, 2006, 8:00 a.m.  I worshiped in a Roman Catholic congregation.

It's not the first time I've done this.  Back in the day, I would take groups of young people on worship "field trips".  Megachurches, African-American churches, synagogues and R.C. congregations were all places we visited.  But since John Paul II's passing, and the growth in my understanding about "unity in the Body" (and my hurt and disappointment in Protestant churches), I have decided to explore Catholicism.  I've read, studied, prayed and solicited the spiritual advice of Catholic friends.

The priest preached on Jesus stilling the storm (and did it very well!).  Jesus Christ was directly at the center of the day (and John Paul, in the very first sentence of his very first encyclical, said Jesus IS at the center of human life and of the universe itself).  And when the Father picked up the bread with such reverence, my spirit rumbled with hunger and my eyes spilled over with gratitude.

Your thoughts, comments and prayers would be appreciated.

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:41:23 AM by StillSmallVoice » Logged
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:49:18 AM »

Hello SSV,
I really don't have any knowledge on such things, so it would be hard for me to comment and then try to support that comment.  All I know about worship is, if something isn't Biblically sound then I wouldn't do it. Thats how I always look at it. I have always stayed away from Catholicism because I didn't agree with some of the worship aspects, but I have many friends who are Catholic and we have had wonderful discussions about our Savior. What I can do is keep you in prayer.
Blessings to you brother!

-Am-
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:53:54 AM by Amorus » Logged

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »

Brother Andrew,

I am not a wise person or been to any 'big' Bible colleges. Your hunger for the truth I can understand. Just keep your eyes on Jesus. I personally have found that in the past, when I have started to focus on other things and Jesus started becoming less in my life... things.. well.. never seemed right...and sometimes it took a "kick in the pants" to wake me up and then I would realize what was wrong.
 "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" that great ol' hymnal... PRAISE YOU LORD!!!

Loving JESUS.. Tina

StillSmallVoice
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 08:16:29 AM »

Thanks for the prayers and the openness.  My faith has been present, but stale for quite some time.  I may have been in danger of being "pruned" off the Vine (just kiddin').

But kidding aside, I feel I am being led into some real opportunities for fruitfulness and growth.  I have been disconnected from the Protestant Church for some time, and it's awfully hard to grow and be faithful in a vacuum, or on one's own.  That's partly why I went looking for this Forum.  Your continued prayers . . . and comments are appreciated.

Andrew
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 08:30:21 AM »

Andrew, you can count on my prayers, and my advice is always look for all your needs to be found in God, and in His Word.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 08:36:51 AM »

Andrew, you can count on my prayers, and my advice is always look for all your needs to be found in God, and in His Word.
Wink Wink Wink
Thanks for the prayers and the openness.  My faith has been present, but stale for quite some time.  I may have been in danger of being "pruned" off the Vine (just kiddin').

But kidding aside, I feel I am being led into some real opportunities for fruitfulness and growth.  I have been disconnected from the Protestant Church for some time, and it's awfully hard to grow and be faithful in a vacuum, or on one's own.  That's partly why I went looking for this Forum.  Your continued prayers . . . and comments are appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew,
That is great news to hear the spirit is leading you.  Our Lord will never, ever leave our side and I pray that you will "trust" in Him wherever He may lead you, for His ways are the right ways! I also always remind myself that when the day comes when we are all praising our Lord around His throne, there will be no denominational differences.  I think DW said it the best when he put that the Bible stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth, and thats really all I need to have in common with the believers who I worship with.  Its one of the reasons I love this forum so much.  There is much biblical love and wisdom here as well as complete love for our Lord and Savior.  May we always be one church in the body of Christ!  Continued prayers for you brother.
-Am-

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 08:41:24 AM »

Amen Brother

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 07:53:22 PM »

Andrew, you can count on my prayers. Again as others have said before, keep your focus, on Jesus not the doctrine of man.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the