Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  My Utmost For His Highest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Utmost For His Highest  (Read 190514 times)
def
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2007, 02:43:48 PM »

May 19

"Out of the Wreck I Rise"
Romans  8:35 (Rom_8:35)

God does not keep His child immune from trouble; He promises, "I will be with him in trouble . . ." (Psa_91:15). It doesn't matter how real or intense the adversities may be; nothing can ever separate him from his relationship to God. "In all these things we are more than conquerors . . ." (Rom_8:37). Paul was not referring here to imaginary things, but to things that are dangerously real. And he said we are "super-victors" in the midst of them, not because of our own ingenuity, nor because of our courage, but because none of them affects our essential relationship with God in Jesus Christ. I feel sorry for the Christian who doesn't have something in the circumstances of his life that he wishes were not there.

"Shall tribulation . . . ?" Tribulation is never a grand, highly welcomed event; but whatever it may be --- whether exhausting, irritating, or simply causing some weakness --- it is not able to "separate us from the love of Christ." Never allow tribulations or the "cares of this world" to separate you from remembering that God loves you (Mat_13:22).

"Shall . . . distress . . . ?" Can God's love continue to hold fast, even when everyone and everything around us seems to be saying that His love is a lie, and that there is no such thing as justice?

"Shall . . . famine . . . ?" Can we not only believe in the love of God but also be "more than conquerors," even while we are being starved?

Either Jesus Christ is a deceiver, having deceived even Paul, or else some extraordinary thing happens to someone who holds on to the love of God when the odds are totally against him. Logic is silenced in the face of each of these things which come against him. Only one thing can account for it --- the love of God in Christ Jesus. "Out of the wreck I rise" every time.

the love of God in Jesus Christ.Amen.I believe and i receive and nothing will ever move me of that ,for I love Him with all my heart and I believe in his love for me.Jn,3:16.
def
« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »

May 18

Living Simply --- Yet Focused
Matthew  6:26, 28 (Mat_6:26-28)

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin --- "they simply are! Think of the sea, the air, the sun, the stars, and the moon --- all of these simply are as well --- yet what a ministry and service they render on our behalf! So often we impair God's designed influence, which He desires to exhibit through us, because of our own conscious efforts to be consistent and useful. Jesus said there is only one way to develop and grow spiritually, and that is through focusing and concentrating on God. In essence, Jesus was saying, "Do not worry about being of use to others; simply believe on Me." In other words, pay attention to the Source, and out of you "will flow rivers of living water" (Joh_7:38). We cannot discover the source of our natural life through common sense and reasoning, and Jesus is teaching here that growth in our spiritual life comes not from focusing directly on it, but from concentrating on our Father in heaven. Our heavenly Father knows our circumstances, and if we will stay focused on Him, instead of our circumstances, we will grow spiritually --- just as "the lilies of the field."

The people who influence us the most are not those who detain us with their continual talk, but those who live their lives like the stars in the sky and "the lilies of the field --- "simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mold and shape us.

If you want to be of use to God, maintain the proper relationship with Jesus Christ by staying focused on Him, and He will make use of you every minute you live --- yet you will be unaware, on the conscious level of your life, that you are being used of Him.

Tom, I had put all my attentions on God and one day He told me clearly "just follow Jesus" clear as a bell.so thats was the begginning of the beginning.that is when i started to focus on the cross, at the foot of the cross that is were i am the happiest.My lord My Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 18, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »

Tom, I had put all my attentions on God and one day He told me clearly "just follow Jesus" clear as a bell.so thats was the begginning of the beginning.that is when i started to focus on the cross, at the foot of the cross that is were i am the happiest.My lord My Jesus

AMEN SISTER DEF!

GOD wants to make our Joy more full, and that can only happen if we want it to. A taste of this Joy and the spiritual riches of CHRIST make the things of this world seem unimportant. GOD didn't promise us that this short life on earth would be easy, but HE did promise many beautiful things for eternity in our real Home with JESUS.

I feel very sad and sorry for people without JESUS. This short life on earth would be miserable without HIM. Many Christians know about the discovery you made in your life, JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS is the core of our lives.

Love in Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB  Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Galatians 5:22-25 NASB  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

def
« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2007, 04:34:58 PM »

AMEN SISTER DEF!

GOD wants to make our Joy more full, and that can only happen if we want it to. A taste of this Joy and the spiritual riches of CHRIST make the things of this world seem unimportant. GOD didn't promise us that this short life on earth would be easy, but HE did promise many beautiful things for eternity in our real Home with JESUS.

I feel very sad and sorry for people without JESUS. This short life on earth would be miserable without HIM. Many Christians know about the discovery you made in your life, JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS is the core of our lives.

Love in Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB  Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Galatians 5:22-25 NASB  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Brother Tom ,thank you for answering me it is important to my soul when i read you ,i shed tears of peace ,somehow the Lord touches me through you ,and that from the beginning. .well i must say good night to  all the brothers and sisters and i will be back and finish reading your work if God want me to tomorrow ok. He is coming soon let Him find faith  in us who loves Him .good night every body.love in Jesus...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2007, 05:55:46 AM »

Brother Tom ,thank you for answering me it is important to my soul when i read you ,i shed tears of peace ,somehow the Lord touches me through you ,and that from the beginning. .well i must say good night to  all the brothers and sisters and i will be back and finish reading your work if God want me to tomorrow ok. He is coming soon let Him find faith  in us who loves Him .good night every body.love in Jesus...

Hello Def,

Sister, our feelings are the same. Part of our joy is fellowship, encouraging each other, and strengthening each other in CHRIST. Many of us enjoy reading your posts. We don't know the day or the hour, but JESUS CHRIST can take us home with HIM at any time. There will be a glorious day soon when JESUS CHRIST will catch up all of his flock, living and dead, into the clouds to spend eternity with HIM. Some of us might live long enough to see this event in person. Many of us will physically die before this event, but it won't matter - "absent from the body, present with the LORD."

In the end, all that really matters is that we belong to CHRIST. All of the turmoil of the world is of little significance if we are a possession of JESUS CHRIST forever. There will come a day when the light of the sun won't be necessary. JESUS CHRIST is the LIGHT, and we will spend eternity together in the LIGHT. This doesn't just sound pretty, it's REALITY.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:28 NASB  For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.

Romans 5:3-5 NASB  And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

def
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »

Hello Def,

Sister, our feelings are the same. Part of our joy is fellowship, encouraging each other, and strengthening each other in CHRIST. Many of us enjoy reading your posts. We don't know the day or the hour, but JESUS CHRIST can take us home with HIM at any time. There will be a glorious day soon when JESUS CHRIST will catch up all of his flock, living and dead, into the clouds to spend eternity with HIM. Some of us might live long enough to see this event in person. Many of us will physically die before this event, but it won't matter - "absent from the body, present with the LORD."

In the end, all that really matters is that we belong to CHRIST. All of the turmoil of the world is of little significance if we are a possession of JESUS CHRIST forever. There will come a day when the light of the sun won't be necessary. JESUS CHRIST is the LIGHT, and we will spend eternity together in the LIGHT. This doesn't just sound pretty, it's REALITY.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:28 NASB  For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.

Romans 5:3-5 NASB  And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
thank you, Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior forever..Amen
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »

Def, I feel the same way about Brother Tom as you do. Brother Tom is an excellent example, and he does have a very loving Christian spirit even in his posts it is noticeable.

SMILE BROTHER TOM  Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the