Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  In God We Trust, All Others Must Pay Homage?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In God We Trust, All Others Must Pay Homage?  (Read 949 times)
Cain I. Thirsty

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:15:40 AM »

IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MONEY WE RUST

or:

IN GOD WE TRUST
ALL OTHERS MUST PAY HOMAGE

It appears that many Christians are being lead by the leaders of their churches and not by the spirit of God, or by the Word of God. For instance, I recently received an email about the great fear of Christmas pageants and Christmas carols being taken out of the public schools, or the fear of "in God we trust" being taken off of our currency, or the fear that someone is going to take a large stone out of a court house because it has the "10 commandments" written on it.

How many have actually prayed to God or Christ for guidance on this issue?

Well, I prayed about it. Prayer that involved the study of the Bible.

Asking the question "Are these pressing issues for God or should we be focused on other issues?"

Concerning the 10 commandments; We are to hide them in our hearts.
They are to be written on our hearts not on tables of stone. Jesus said that they will know we are His by our love. I couldn't find any where that Jesus fought to keep Judaism in the government of Rome but I did find where He fought to keep Roman government out of Judaism. When the government comes in to our churches and tells us what we can and cannot do or read then we will have a persecution at which time we will then have something to resist. That hasn't happened.

God doesn't care if the 10 commandments are displayed in some government building. What He wants is for His word to be in our hearts
and we act in such a way that we feed the hungry, clothe the naked etc...

We Christians also have been boasting that the Law of the land or the
constitution of the U.S. is based on Christianity. The problem with that statement is that I don't see the name of Jesus Christ in any of those 
documents. Hence it would actually be based on the Hebrew scriptures.

If we want Christmas pageants in the public schools then we should also
have the Muslim holidays, the Jewish holidays and a Buddhist appreciation day.

The Public schools are a place where an education is given to people so that they can think for themselves. It's a place where they can meet people of all different faiths, races, genders and learn to work along side one another.  It's a place to learn academics.

Now, for the "IN GOD WE TRUST" issue. When I read and prayed about this, God basically said that He didn't want His name on our money.

Think about it. Jesus said that "the love of money is the root of all evil." People steal for it, they become addicted to gambling for it, go into debt with it, even kill for it. People lose sight of what is important in life in the pursuit of it.

Trusting in God is an inside thing. Something done with the mind which is then played out in ones actions. In one sense having "in God we trust"  written on our money is a rather arrogant, boastful statement to parade around on our banners of money. Evidently people can't see we are Christian's by our love so we have to write it on our money and bumper stickers.

God wasn't satisfied with a thousand Rams or ten thousand rivers of oil,  but was satisfied with loving mercy. Do justice and walk humbly with your God. I don't see anything about having something written on coins or currency. I did read that Jesus wants us to be frugal with our money.
To invest it wisely. To pay our taxes. etc....

Whose image is on our currency? Our Presidents, Secretary's, our States. Much like Rome in the times of Jesus who had their Caesars’, their Kings stamped on their coins. {which stated that they were divine} Are our Presidents then our God? Is money then our God? Do we pay Homage to it?

If " the love of money is the root of all evil" and "you can't serve both God and mammon" and if "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven", then having "in God we trust" written on our money is a slap in the face of Jesus. God's answer to my prayer - "Take MY name off of your currency. Is money your god? Do you trust in money or in Me? Money doesn't meet all your needs, God does. Money is a means of exchange, not a religious symbol."

I think having "in God we trust" printed on our money is our way of saying Yes, we can serve both God and mammon."

Doesn't God tell us to set our affections on things above and not on things of this earth? Are we afraid that if we remove "in God we trust" from our money that God will turn his back on us?

Many people have said that conflict and persecution bring groups closer together. That it makes them stronger as a whole. I can't help but wonder that all these Leaders of the churches fabricate all these pseudo- persecutions to hype-up the congregations in order to bring them together under false pretenses. It does seem to get people all fired up. And they feel like their on a Holy Crusade fighting those evil liberals or atheists. A holy cause to fight would be against discrimination or oppression.

We as Christians need to get back to loving mercy, doing justice and walking humbly with our God. We certainly don’t need a persecution complex.

Christian Leaders should be spending our money on more Godly  things . Lets ask them to give all their money (or should I say our money) away to the poor. Isn't that what Jesus asked of the rich man? Lets give it ALL away to the hurricane victims, or those soldiers coming back from Iraq who now need psychiatric care, or to the homeless. How about to habitat for humanity. These are all more worthy causes. I’m curious, what would they would say?

The peace of Christ be with you.

Cain I. Thirsty
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:55:29 AM »

Something that most people do not realise is that the argument over "a large stone out of a court house because it has the "10 commandments" written on it" or "Christmas pageants and Christmas carols being taken out of the public schools" is not about these items themselves but rather the freedom to express ourselves in our beliefs being taken away from us all the while that other religions such as Islam is being promoted for public display. These people want Christians silenced yet say nothing about other religions. If we sit idly by doing nothing and saying nothing then soon we will be forced into hiding, not being allowed to speak a word of Jesus anywhere in public. This is what it is all about. People that want to prevent us from spreading the word of God and it is started with the things that you have mentioned here. An attempt to change the history of the U.S. removing all mention or visible site of anything concerned with God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the