Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A CHRISTIAN DICHOTOMY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A CHRISTIAN DICHOTOMY  (Read 1253 times)
Cain I. Thirsty

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:12:14 AM »

Many Christian Conservatives are confusing me lately. Earlier last month
I received E-mails reminding me that America was founded on Christian
principles. They were fighting to keep a rock that had the 10 commandments engraved on it in a court room. They were also fighting to keep "In God We Trust" written on our money. I know some of the Christian principles that Jesus taught were that we should "feed the hungry", "clothe the naked" and champion the cause of the oppressed. "Do unto others..." (the golden rule.)

Now this is where I start to have problems. Their willing to fight to keep a ROCK in a courtroom and to lobby to keep a saying on our money but then it comes to helping people, "illegal immigrants" to be specific we turn our backs and shout "Go back home" or "get out of our country you don't belong here."

What's up with this? Here they've been working their butts off so we can
have fruits, tobacco (etc…) and all kinds of other services for minimum wage just so that maybe their families can have a better life here in America. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Is this how we treat them? Some have been here for 2, 5, 10, 25 years or more. (Contrary to popular belief they are not terrorists.)

Can you see the dichotomy here? They'll fight for a rock but will throw people back into a deeper poverty than they are now. Go Figure.

Anyway, here is a Parable from Jesus which might provide a renewed perspective.

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was hungry, and you gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and you gave
me no drink: I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto you?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as you
did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

How did we get to this land we call America? Did we not come over here from across the ocean and kick the *#@#…I mean slaughter the Indians? Thieves stole the land from Native Americans (Indians), then they kept on going west killing off anyone who got in their way. This progressed until we owned the whole U.S. of A. Yeah they, (Most of our Ancestors) knocked off quite a few Mexicans too.  This should have been the first real case of ‘illegal immigration’?  Were those early acts of terrorism? Who really found America first?  Who should of had the right to possess the land? The first settlers, or those who took control of it?

Are these the Christian principles that we are talking about? Survival of the fittest? The Winner has the true and most powerful God? Must be?

Lets keep in prayer for divine understanding of what the bible says
about the different religious and political issues that arise. Lets pray
that our country can be an example of Gods love for us and for all the
people of the world. Isn’t it time we ‘acted’ like Christians?

In His service

Cain I. Thirsty
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:46:27 AM »

Christian Conservatives

Another word designed to cause disunity in the body of Christ. If we are Christians there should be no Liberal or Conservative. It is nonsense talk. We are followers of Jesus Christ, the Body Of Christ we should do as He would.

As for the "illegal immigrants". Should we condone the breaking of laws? Yes we should be caring for others that are less fortunate than some of us are but should we support the action of breaking laws, even if they are man made ones, in order to do so? Jesus did not do so. In fact He told us that we should not either so that we would be counted blameless. Now I realise that we are not perfect except through the blood of Jesus and as long as we are in the flesh we will still be subject to sin but we should not purposefully, with full intent, break these laws nor support others doing so. If we do then eventually we will have complete anarchy and chaos.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 11:39:30 AM »

As for the "illegal immigrants". Should we condone the breaking of laws? Yes we should be caring for others that are less fortunate than some of us are but should we support the action of breaking laws, even if they are man made ones, in order to do so? Jesus did not do so. In fact He told us that we should not either so that we would be counted blameless. Now I realise that we are not perfect except through the blood of Jesus and as long as we are in the flesh we will still be subject to sin but we should not purposefully, with full intent, break these laws nor support others doing so. If we do then eventually we will have complete anarchy and chaos.

Amen Brother, I just can't imagine myself, willfully and knowingly breaking the laws of another country for my own benefit. There are legal ways for people from other countries to enter into our country, why is it that they must insist on breaking our laws, and thinking they have a right to do so or even a good reason for it. There is no excuse whatsoever.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »

Exactly. There are many legals ways to get into the U.S. legally. When I was stationed in Calif I took a months leave and worked picking cherries fr some extra income. I was and e_3 at the time and didn't get paid much. In the process I worked with many of the migrant workers. Sometimes whole families. The majority of them were there legally on work visas. Very respectable people that were easy to get along with. Many of those that come across the border illegally are those that cannot get a visas because of a criminal record. These individuals are very likely to commit more crimes while in the U.S. and not to be those that contribute to a law abiding society.

I also worked on a government construction site where many of the concrete workers were illegally here. We had many problems on that site. Tools stolen, even our lunches would be stolen and much of the work was not done to the specifications it should have been. We didn't experience these problems when this group of people was not on the site. If they are willing to break laws to get into the country then they are willing to break laws for other reasons.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »

That is the honest truth PR.

One of my sons in law is Mexican he came here to work on a visa 20 years ago, he became a US citizen, has an impeccable reputation, he is a good husband to my daughter, a good father to my grandchildren, and a good Christiaan, who loves God. He started his own construction business and lost a lot of friends because everytime he and my daughter go to visit his mom in Mexico, many of those so called friends want him to sneak them in to the US and he absolutely refuses to do it.
He tells them he cannot afford to break any laws because he has his priorities and his family to think about. Believe it or not most of those same 'friends' think he is being selfish.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 12:52:41 PM »

Believe it or not most of those same 'friends' think he is being selfish.

Right  .... selfish to be concerned about the well being of your family.

Cain I. Thirsty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »

I know what you are all saying and understand you positions.    I for once agree with President George Bush on his policies concerning the illegal aliens. 
There's always more to an issue than whats on the surface.   For the most part there is never a clear black and white answer.   Not everyone always
see's eye to eye and that's one reason we have democrates and republicans, to hash things out.
Gods peace be with us all.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 04:57:28 PM by Cain I. Thirsty » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the