Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:36:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A good morning made better......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A good morning made better......  (Read 3303 times)
Wren

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2003, 10:30:31 AM »

I need to preach at you all this morning. Short and sweet. SLOW DOWN!(please)
 Made my morning trip for breakfast this morning, good food, not too many folks ect. Very injoyable meal. Making my way back, I was driving past a house owned by a gentleman for whom I once worked, a contractor turned preacher, basicly. He lives a bit away now, but today I noticed he was in back of the house, rooting thru a shed. Other than an occasional wave, I'd not seen him better than a year. I drove past, foremost on my mind was some neglected work I needed badly to complete. But I got the " The tap on the shoulder" pretty quickly. Turned around in the road, drove back and chatted briefly with him in the yard. Probably three minutes. But it made a nice difference in my already good morning, an "upgrade" if you will.
 Would you have stopped? At the risk of making the good woman angry? Ticking off the boss? If a store you might be headed for would be closed by the time you took to stop?
 The possibilitys of pausing a few minutes to pay a little special attention to something or someone pop up all around us,we just need to be alert for them. So slow down, The Lord will not let any harm come from such a practice. And pounce on the chances to chat and interact with people. I pray for this to continue thruout my life. I pary that there is also some in yours!

...old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.....
kathleen5

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »

Wren, what a blessing.  I have too many times felt the guilt of not stopping. Cry  Thankfully I have a patient teacher who has cleaned me up, forgiven me and sent me on my way.  To walk in the lessons He has taught me.  And yes, now I stop.

In Christ,
Kathleen
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 11:01:01 PM »

Thank you, Wren...
IrishAngel
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2003, 07:51:45 AM »

good food for thought ty
joyunending

He is Risen!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 07:18:34 PM »

It is a good thought!  I am sometimes amazed at the importance we place on getting somewhere, getting something, getting ahead, and just plain getting , that we miss all the wonderful 'small' things that God has in store for us.  
   Slowing down is a good way not to miss them and to also take some 'time' to spend a moment or two of our busy day with He who gave us the day to begin with.
    I was setting out on my back porch a few days ago, early in the morning, just looking and listening...... what a joy to be able to do that! Seeing the sun, hearing the birds, smelling the wonderful air that is there first thing in the morning.... talking to Him, and most importantly, listening FOR HIM!
      We need to get back to enjoying the simple things in life and quit making everything in our lives soooo complicated and earth shattering when things don't go our own way.....
    The sun will still come up tomorrow and the birds will still sing.  The earth won't stop on its axis if you don't get something done that 'should' have been done, it will still be there tomorrow....
    Granted there are still things that do 'have ' to get done, like your jobs etc.... but we make ourselves so busy with other things that time gets away from us and the day is gone and we didn't take one moment of it to talk to Him.... say thank you, ask for help for our busy day, ask Him to bless us and use us the way He wants to......
          thanks again,,,,,, Joy

Love in Him,  Joy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the