Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What I do
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What I do  (Read 4150 times)
sherylc

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »

hello everyone.

What I do right now. i homeschool 2 of my children. It's what God has called me to do, it's what I will do. Besides i enjoy doing it! We are doing the histoyr of God's kingdom this year and we are loving it!!!!

we are actually a missionary family and have been to a few places in Africa and loved it. at this stage we are based at 'home' in South Africa due to my oldest daughter having been in a major car accident and needing treatmant and myself needing time to heal from a horrific childhood.

I fought the idea of only really being involved in homescooling for sometime, but I have settled in my heart that that is my task which God has set for me now. It's all I can really cope with anyway.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:35:12 PM »

Amen Sister!

May GOD richly bless you in your ministry. I know a lot of people who home school now, and I would certainly pray about that if we were still raising our children. Our children are precious Gifts from GOD, and raising them in the LORD is still our responsibility whether they go to public schools or not. I know that a lot may depend on your location and what all is available, but the ultimate responsibility still falls on the parents.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 1:7 NASB  but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:23:26 AM »

Hi sherylc,

Homeschooling our children is quite an undertaking and parents who do so are to be highly commended. As Beps said it is the responsibility of the parents to insure that their children are brought up in the ways of the Lord. Homeschooling or a really good Christian school is one of the best ways to do that. With many of the public schools pushing the non-Christian agendas that they do today it is really difficult to send our children to one and still insure that they are getting the proper training that we are required to give them.

My prayers will be with you and your family in your endeavers for the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:56:49 AM »

hello everyone.

What I do right now. i homeschool 2 of my children. It's what God has called me to do, it's what I will do. Besides i enjoy doing it! We are doing the histoyr of God's kingdom this year and we are loving it!!!!

we are actually a missionary family and have been to a few places in Africa and loved it. at this stage we are based at 'home' in South Africa due to my oldest daughter having been in a major car accident and needing treatmant and myself needing time to heal from a horrific childhood.

I fought the idea of only really being involved in homescooling for sometime, but I have settled in my heart that that is my task which God has set for me now. It's all I can really cope with anyway.

Sister, I think that it's wonderful that you are able to homeschool you children, one of my daughters also homeschools hers. It saddens me that while I was raising my children homeschooling was unheard of, I wish I would've had that opportunity.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
sherylc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 04:20:51 PM »

One of the main reasons we started homeschooling is because as missionaries we travel a lot and potable school helps us to be a missionary family. We do not have mks (missionary kids) but we are all missionaries in our own ways.

The reasons the children didn't go back into a school when we came back is because 1) they would have been really bored. Here the standard of education has unfortunatelly fallen some. But most importantly the schools have becomes places with agendas (political as well as religious...meaning non-christian)

But I guess the most important reason is becos God asked me to make a commitment to homeschoolth children until they leave home. How could I say no.

Someone once told me of a missionary lady who schooled 2 young black boys in an africa village somewhere. she constantly would ask God why she had to do this. Surely there were far more important an needy jobs she could fulfil than this. Yet she remained faithful and obedient to God.

Both young boys grew up to make a major impact for God's kingdom. I know that God has a plan for all 4 my children and if I am allowed to play a small part in this then I am grateful!!!

AirIam2worship, I am so sorry you lost out on that opportunity. I am glad though that your daughter has such a wonderful privilage.

We were amonst the first families here to homeschool, so it is fairly new in our country and not always highly esteemed.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »

Here the standard of education has unfortunatelly fallen some. But most importantly the schools have becomes places with agendas (political as well as religious...meaning non-christian)

Sister the above is an understatement. I am horrified at educational system nowadays, not to mention the unruliness, and the lack of morals in almost every school.

You will indeed be blessed for your obedience, and I'm sure your children will excel.

AirIam2worship, I am so sorry you lost out on that opportunity. I am glad though that your daughter has such a wonderful privilage.

Yes, I am very happy that my daughter has that opportunity, she has 6 children and the youngest only 3 and a half, already knows everything a child learns in kindergarten, and even more because my daughter takes time to teach them the Bible as well. That really pleases me.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the